The fate of JMMA, Shohei Ohtani and Athleticism

Did you just discover baseball or some shit? Stop drinking the Kool-Aid and see how comparable he is after a few seasons.

I swear this new generation and the immediate garbage they swallow every ten minutes. ESPN is the absolute worst contributor to this shit with the next superstar every other day.

I don’t know bro I think the hypes real. Killing it with the bat and pitching well so far. 5 homeruns as a part time hitter. Struck out 11 his last time. Still adjusting to the league. Could eventually challenge trout for some mvps.

he's not a rare japanese athlete, he is a rare human being, once in 100 years someone like this will come along, he's like a fictional hero character they would create in some manga, it's unreal

Ohtani will have a great rookie year with the Angels. But he will get lit up his second year. Same thing happened to Dice K. He had a great first season with the Red Sox but hitters figured him out and hit him so bad that he isn’t in the MLB anymore. And don’t forget Darvish. He was the main reason the Dodgers lost in game 7 of the WS

Did you just discover baseball or some shit? Stop drinking the Kool-Aid and see how comparable he is after a few seasons.

I swear this new generation and the immediate garbage they swallow every ten minutes. ESPN is the absolute worst contributor to this shit with the next superstar every other day.

MMHm, kids acting like adults, what's new

he's not a rare japanese athlete, he is a rare human being, once in 100 years someone like this will come along, he's like a fictional hero character they would create in some manga, it's unreal

Feels and looks and sounds like some anime shit, I love it

Ohtani will have a great rookie year with the Angels. But he will get lit up his second year. Same thing happened to Dice K. He had a great first season with the Red Sox but hitters figured him out and hit him so bad that he isn’t in the MLB anymore. And don’t forget Darvish. He was the main reason the Dodgers lost in game 7 of the WS

Mmhm, I'm sure you go to the same school as the scout who said he is at the level of a high school hitter
You don't know what you are talking about bro either

Dice K's second year ERA was 2.90, finished fourth in the cy young award

You see that door over there? Move your heavy, lame hater ass through. Thanks

Mmhm, I'm sure you go to the same school as the scout who said he is at the level of a high school hitter
You don't know what you are talking about bro either

Dice K's second year ERA was 2.90, finished fourth in the cy young award

You see that door over there? Move your heavy, lame hater ass through. Thanks
I wasn’t talking about his second year and my main point was that Ohtani will be figured out. You understand that Dice K got washed out of the Major Leagues right?

Fuck you bro,

This is the most inclusive website on the interwebs. Shohei should just stick to math anyway, not worth talking about.
And you should just stick to drinking, ya dumb redheaded Irish ape.

I wasn’t talking about his second year and my main point was that Ohtani will be figured out. You understand that Dice K got washed out of the Major Leagues right?

Um you did learn to read what you wrote that I replied to thank you um i'm sure you just googled it but Dice K was pretty good before the surgery obviously ruined him, but google didn't tell you that did it

As you all know, the JMMA have been in decline since the fall of PRIDE, and if you really look at how things are going, unlike a decade ago where the top LWs were Japanese, well not all, but many, none of Japanese fighters seem to be doing well. Koreans seem to be having more success, but not even close to the height of someone like Gomi's career,

If you are not baseball fan, you don't know who Ohtani is, he's 6'4 and 203. He can throw 100MPH, and hit 500ft homers. Not only that he can run, clocked at 29 ft per second.

1.jpg

c0f7c2dccd130290297e3e9b61c69f90.jpg

I am fully aware how xenophobic and racist people on Sherdog can be, though often not with malicious intent, and how fixated they are with 'athletic' abilities of fighters and prospects.

This guy must be one of the most athletic human beings ever born into our world.

9963A7395AC884EA2CCB0E

Not only is he super duper athletic, he's humble, driven and a competitor, and sounds like he eats sleeps and play ball.

On top of that, to make things even more unreal, this guy is also good looking guy as well, and apparently really popular with girls in Japan, and probably eventually in states as well. And really, good looks can definitely appeal to the public, whether in MMA or in life in general really.

3547715865_b6ca08b0.jpg

019.png

If someone like can come into MMA scene, I mean obviously not this guy but someone like this, JMMA will be back in no time.....

You may be confusing athleticism with talent.

Dude is nice at the stick and on the hill, but he’s getting smoked in every drill by motherfuckers with one hand at the NFL combine.

Um you did learn to read what you wrote that I replied to thank you um i'm sure you just googled it but Dice K was pretty good before the surgery obviously ruined him, but google didn't tell you that did it
Lots of pitchers get injured and come back.Dice K just couldn’t hang with the big dogs

Dude is nice at the stick and on the hill, but he’s getting smoked in every drill by motherfuckers with one hand at the NFL combine.

Shocking. Who would've thought a baseball player would get beat in every drill in NFL by NFL players

Lots of pitchers get injured and come back.Dice K just couldn’t hang with the big dogs

MMhm, makes sense. Lots more don't.

Stick to MMA and hating on new talents. Thanks

If you don't think he's athletic, pick one individual who's more athletic than him, and let's see how athletic that guy is

Shocking. Who would've thought a baseball player would get beat in every drill in NFL by NFL players

They’re not catching passes and tackling at the combine dummy. They’re just measuring athleticism.

jap pitchers always fall off a cliff because they have mileage on their arms already coming into the league. yanks got a few good seasons out of tanaka. darvish is a trainwreck since coming back from surgery.
except Ohtani intentionally skipped his remaning Japanese league contract to play in the majors, taking a huge contractual pay cut in the process. He could be making 10x the money right now in Japan but wanted to play in the majors while in his prime unlike everyone else who came over.

A few weeks ago, Ohtani pitched 7 shutout innings (and almost a no-hitter) and followed up in his next at bat with a homerun. Babe Ruthesque.

But, Ohtani is very athletic, a rare athlete, i don't know why some people even try to argue this.

Back