The fate of JMMA, Shohei Ohtani and Athleticism

You'd probably have a better idea but it seems like Japanese are sticking individual combat sports. They're still pretty dominant in Judo, top 5ish in freestyle wrestling, have a handful of boxing champs including a top 10 p4p in Naoya Inoue and kind of run the show in kickboxing.

All of this combined would lead you to believe they should be right up there with the US, Russia and Brazil in MMA.

well i'm not from there so no idea but they aren't top 5 ish in freestyle wrestling unless you talking about womens, i think.

well i'm not from there so no idea but they aren't top 5 ish in freestyle wrestling unless you talking about womens, i think.

They have the third most medals all time in freestyle wrestling. Probably mostly from woman but they still often medal at the lower weight classes in mens.

I wish UFC had more interest in Asia as a whole. They go there like 3x per year. I hope Naoki Inoue has a nice future.

They have the third most medals all time in freestyle wrestling. Probably mostly from woman but they still often medal at the lower weight classes in mens.

Yeah probably mostly from woman, yeah, I think definitely at lower weight classes, but I'd imagine more in bronze range, those there would be exceptions

I am fully aware how xenophobic and racist people on Sherdog can be, though often not with malicious intent, and how fixated they are with 'athletic' abilities of fighters and prospects.
Sherdog is an international community that talks about athletes from all over the world. It is far from xenophobic.

They're still pretty dominant in Judo, top 5ish in freestyle wrestling
Not pretty dominant, bro. They still get the most amount of gold in any world international event.. world championships.. olympic games.. they got 8 golds last year in Budapest, lol. 6 more than second place, France. They are definitely No.1 in Judo. I can't wait to see the Abe siblings get better and win more.

As for wrestling.. 100% with their women's wrestling team. Some of their men's team is good, they managed to get a gold at last year's worlds with Takahashi and a silver in the 2016 olympics with Rei Higuchi. Not as strong as the women's team, but definitely have some very solid male wrestlers.

Not pretty dominant, bro. They still get the most amount of gold in any world international event.. world championships.. olympic games.. they got 8 golds last year in Budapest, lol. 6 more than second place, France. They are definitely No.1 in Judo. I can't wait to see the Abe siblings get better and win more.

As for wrestling.. 100% with their women's wrestling team. Some of their men's team is good, they managed to get a gold at last year's worlds with Takahashi and a silver in the 2016 olympics with Rei Higuchi. Not as strong as the women's team, but definitely have some very solid male wrestlers.

Come to think about it, I think they might have placed third in one of those world cups as a team, the men's team I mean. I might be wrong though but I think so. But from the sound of things, Iran and Russia weren't there

Come to think about it, I think they might have placed third in one of those world cups as a team, the men's team I mean. I might be wrong though but I think so. But from the sound of things, Iran and Russia weren't there
Yes, this sounds like the world cup this year. Turkey, Iran, Georgia or Russia were not there lol. Japan have a good team, but beating the Iranian, Russian or even Turkish/Georgian team.... no

Yes, this sounds like the world cup this year. Turkey, Iran, Georgia or Russia were not there lol. Japan have a good team, but beating the Iranian, Russian or even Turkish/Georgian team.... no

To be fair to them, they did beat Cubans for the third place so.

Ohtani would be UFC LHW and HW champ after a few weeks of training

That guy is the next Babe Ruth...SMH. It is only two months into the season. But if JMMA was to raise again... after baseball he could be the next Canseco to fight a 50 year old Hong Man Choi... :eek:

That guy is the next Babe Ruth...SMH. It is only two months into the season. But if JMMA was to raise again... after baseball he could be the next Canseco to fight a 50 year old Hong Man Choi... :eek:

To be honest, Hong Man Choi beats 99 percent of the human population, and might be some of the animal kingdom's population too

To be fair to them, they did beat Cubans for the third place so.
Cuba are okay.. they are not as strong as they have been before. They have 2 greco Olympic champions though. Cuba are solid, though. Always have tough guys. Good win for Japan.

Cuba are okay.. they are not as strong as they have been before. They have 2 greco Olympic champions though. Cuba are solid, though. Always have tough guys. Good win for Japan.

I think the guy who lost Aaron Pico in one of the junior world finals is on that team, and I think he didn't do too bad in world championships, but I could be wrong, at best third, but maybe worse, not sure, maybe not third,

Only thing I didn't like about Ohtani was that he said he wanted to go to a smaller market, then he went to LA.

Yes, I'm a rustled Yankee fan.

I think the guy who lost Aaron Pico in one of the junior world finals is on that team, and I think he didn't do too bad in world championships, but I could be wrong, at best third, but maybe worse, not sure, maybe not third,
I wish Pico could return to wrestling for a short while.. just to see where he is at. He would need some catching up to do, but could get decent results. Not sure who Pico beat, whether it was Bonne or Valdes. Both are quite good. Bonne always loses to top guys though.

Only thing I didn't like about Ohtani was that he said he wanted to go to a smaller market, then he went to LA.

Yes, I'm a rustled Yankee fan.

Well it's Angels.

Can you imagine Yankees with Ohtani tho

Gardner
Judge
Ohtani
Stanton
Gregorious
Gardner
Hicks

Severino
Ohtani
Tanaka
CC
Grey

I wish Pico could return to wrestling for a short while.. just to see where he is at. He would need some catching up to do, but could get decent results. Not sure who Pico beat, whether it was Bonne or Valdes. Both are quite good. Bonne always loses to top guys though.

Well Pico is better than Zain, who i think is having a pretty good career in NCAA.

I don't think Zain would ever been better than Pico if Pico stayed in wrestling, I think number 2s like that don't number 1s

I don’t like baseball at all and know who Ohtani is.

Only criticism...head is too small, would not hit

Back