The Fastest Internet Providers: Speedtest Awards

Xfinity does indeed capped data but only in certain markets. Fortunately they brought up the cap to 1tb
It's just their godawful customer service and reliability ratings. They cut out all the time, and they never answer the phone. Their consumer ratings everywhere on the web you can find them are atrocious.

even my parents living out in a bush village have better than 100/10 XD
Aren't you from Sweden? LOL, there are no "bush villages" in Scandinavia. I'm pretty sure you're confusing yourself with Australia. Like them, you have densely populated regions, and then vast almost completely uninhabited regions. It's nothing like the challenge that faces us who are so evenly spread out. That spread includes our metropolitan areas itself which is so dissimilar to Australia, for example, where something like 2/3 of the entire country's population is within 100 miles of the ocean along that strip of eastern coast.

Sweden = 0.174 million square miles

4xeek.jpg

USA = 3.806 million square miles

71789-004-88879E35.jpg

Measure our speeds with similar population density against you guys and we would probably be competitive. Just look at the average speeds in our cities where we have that population density. You bragging about average internet speeds being better in a more densely populated state with vastly inferior real estate would be like me boasting about absolute bandwidth among our much larger population dwarfing your quaint little country's. It's stupid; especially when you realize half our country can walk outside in the winter without a coat. We aren't banished to our computers.

Now run away, or I will taunt you a second time...about how we gobbled up Nokia.

Last edited:
Aren't you from Sweden? LOL, there are no "bush villages" in Scandinavia. I'm pretty sure you're confusing yourself with Australia. Like them, you have densely populated regions, and then vast almost completely uninhabited regions. It's nothing like the challenge that faces us who are so evenly spread out. That spread includes our metropolitan areas itself which is so dissimilar to Australia, for example, where something like 2/3 of the entire country's population is within 100 miles of the ocean along that strip of eastern coast.

Sweden = 0.174 million square miles

Measure our speeds with similar population density against you guys and we would probably be competitive. Just look at the average speeds in our cities where we have that population density. You bragging about average internet speeds being better in a more densely populated state with vastly inferior real estate would be like me boasting that our absolute bandwidth among our population dwarfing your quaint little country's. It's stupid; especially when you realize half our country can walk outside in the winter without a coat. We aren't banished to our computers.

Now run away, or I will taunt you a second time...about how we gobbled up Nokia.
Im at work but ill make it short. Im sure you pwnt me, I live in northern sweden. We're at:
7,27 invånare/km2

7.27 Citizen per Square kilometre

i work in a Town of 15000 people, i Think my Connection is pretty shit at 100/20
my parents live in a village of 1000 people with a Connection of 100/100

Actually the county my worktown is in is even more hilarious at 0.84 inhabitant / km2.

edit:
Honestly im glad you guys are catching up, sweden has been pretty fast with granting everyone good speed internets. Ive been taunting americans for a decade =) (probably got 100mb a decade ago)

Last edited:
Also, for international posters who didn't follow my top link and see that you could easily switch the "country" for these greater end-of-the-year roundups to the UK, Canada, or Australia, there is also this:
http://www.speedtest.net/awards
Fiji, Ireland, Indonesia, Latvia, Lithuania, Malaysia, Paraguay, Peru, Saudi Arabia, Taiwan, Thailand, and Trinidad & Tobago are also tracked by this website.

Typically upload speeds with be around 1/5 of the max upload speeds, but it varies hugely. For example, in Sacramento, near me, check out the top two providers:

3YyuVt.jpg

That's a pretty glaring discrepancy. This gets to the heart of what I'm talking about with my OP. For gamers, I strongly doubt that 12.2 Mbps Upload speed would see dips that would result in a lag disadvantage (much more likely it will be dips in your ping), but that's only because 12.2 Mbps is WAY, WAY above the minimums of bandwidth relay that most games demand. But this is a metro area. In the outlying rural areas, many are stuck taking CenturyLink or AT&T plans that don't even have a broadband competitor, and whose promised theoretical bandwidth isn't even that high. I'm talking about 6 Mbps download plans that deliver 2-3 Mbps effective. For them, if operating with a similar discrepancy, then they would probably enjoy a better (competitive) multiplayer experience by choosing the service with superior upload speed.

But if I were in Sacramento itself, where the above chart is valid, assuming equal ping, and equal price, I would actually opt for Xfinity over CCI despite that CCI offers superior overall bandwidth if you find the sum of DL+UL. It would come down to the practical realization that I would never personally use that superior UL bandwidth, so I don't care about it.

Cheers Mick I'm in Oz and its good to know the company I'm with Optus is the fastest.

Back