The fall of Lando Vannata

He left JacksonWink and went out to a satellite gym. He actually fought pretty differently against Medeiros, but he was the same old Lando last night.
Not familiar, just had a check on Wiki and apparently he was doing stuff at Cowboys ranch .. <6>

JW are awful these days. I think he’s still with them. He’d be good with Bang Ludwig.
Yeah, lots of shite.. Bar Jones obviously..

Good shout, maybe Tristar? Feels like anything would be an improvement really. Something more pragmatic and methodical towards gameplays would be a start.

Yeah, lots of shite.. Bar Jones obviously..

Good shout, maybe Tristar? Feels like anything would be an improvement really. Something more pragmatic and methodical towards gameplays would be a start.
I think Tristar is pretty overrated but perhaps Lando could fit in there. He suits them better than somebody like Walker does for example.

I think Tristar is pretty overrated but perhaps Lando could fit in there. He suits them better than somebody like Walker does for example.

Yeah completely fair! I'm still not sure what they do with Walker.. He's all spinning this and jumping that, his actual style I still feel I haven't really seen..

Im surprised he hasnt been cut honestly, but i guess he might win his next fight and gets to stay for longer, until he gets beat again, dude thinks he is too good and he is not, hands down all the time, smh.

Yeah completely fair! I'm still not sure what they do with Walker.. He's all spinning this and jumping that, his actual style I still feel I haven't really seen..
I think Walker would be way more suited to Kings MMA. Tristar are not going to be able to turn an explosive 1st round finisher into a point fighter, and there’s no point trying to do that anyway.

i don't mind him but he's another example of when you ask yourself, "what the fuck does the UFC hang on to fighters like this for while they are willing to let go of Moose?"

Cheap labor that helps opponents look world-class in striking.

I think Walker would be way more suited to Kings MMA. Tristar are not going to be able to turn an explosive 1st round finisher into a point fighter, and there’s no point trying to do that anyway.
They are a good shout, who was he with before Tristar? I know his background is BJJ but didn't he come out repping Reading in England once? I remember thinking that was weird as fuck.

He completely stopped throwing his wild kicks. Now he is trying to be a boxer rather than a guy who moves and kicks a lot and uses those to set up his punches and spinning shit which is what he could've potentially become in my eyes.

Its probably both due to a lack of fight IQ and a good camp.

They are a good shout, who was he with before Tristar? I know his background is BJJ but didn't he come out repping Reading in England once? I remember thinking that was weird as fuck.
I think he was with some guys in Brazil and then he was at some gym in Southampton. He’s trained in Russia as well. Seems like he’s only ever been at small gyms.

i don't mind him but he's another example of when you ask yourself, "what the fuck does the UFC hang on to fighters like this for while they are willing to let go of Moose?"
Lando is probably a lot cheaper than Mousasi

Has not improved in all the time I've seen him in the UFC. Good prelim action fighter to have around. They need to match him up with low to lower middle level guys at this point. On a mediocre prelim card, I'll make a point to stop what I'm doing and check out his fight, even if I ignore a lot of the rest. He'll stick around for some time if he can just alternate wins and loses and put on entertaining fights.

He was was 8 - 0 and nearly KOed Ferguson on a short notice fight. He had a ton of hype on Sherdog. He is still young but unless something changes, I cannot see him sticking around. Maybe a move to 145 or even 135 could help.....do you think this guy has a future with the UFC?

View attachment 787927
He had no fall. His wins were from outside the UFC against nobodies. He has a fun style but isn't a great fighter.

How about a Lando/Platz catch-weight bloodbath?

He was never in a position to "fall" because he failed to ever take off. How many successful mma fighters are there that hold their hands at their waist? It will always end up catching up to you.

Huh ?
Where was the rise ?

I respect the guy and his style but sarcasm is warranted on such a title-

Back