Law The Failure of Bond Reform - Protecting Criminals instead of Victims

Scerpi

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
If you're not paying attention to crime in the biggest cities, then it may come as a shock that crime has recently exploded, especially violent crimes like murder.

In Harris Country (Houston), criminals are being repeated let go on PR or recognizant bonds in a flailing effort of Bail Reform.

Of course, Democrats are unable to consider unintended consequences and crime has exploded in major cities where this is being tried out.

Breaking Bond: 2 babies now motherless because judge allowed repeat offender to remain free on multiple bonds
https://www.fox26houston.com/news/b...eat-offender-to-remain-free-on-multiple-bonds

In our last Breaking Bond report, we told you about six criminal district court judges. They all allowed 6 defendants in their courts to remain free on multiple felony or personal recognizance bonds until they allegedly killed someone.

182nd Criminal District Court Judge Danny Lacayo has eight defendants now charged with taking a life while free on multiple bonds.

One of them is 41-year-old Johnny Zemeno.

"When it hits home, it’s an unbearable pain," said Alicia Perez mother of 30-year-old Dalisha Blate.

Blate will never see her 6-month-old daughter or 18-month-old son grow up.

Perez blames two people, Zemeno and Judge Danny Lacayo.

"So he’s out on a PR bond and he gets charged with two felonies, continuous violence against a family member, and violating the protective order against the same family member he was originally given a PR bond for," said Andy Kahan with Crime Stoppers.

Make no mistake, these are activist Democrat judges, by passing state and country laws and implementing Democrat desired policies.

First of all, I agree that bonds should be reformed for lesser crimes, especially misdemeanors. But the woman in this example expected to be protected by our Judicial system when she went to the police for help.

These judges failed her... and now she's dead. Do these Lives Matter?

In Harris County alone, there's far more of these cases than incidents of police shootings... NATIONAWIDE!!

No one on the left cares... they have their agenda... Bail needs to be reformed, fuck the cost. And the cost is innocent lives being taken by repeat offenders, being repeated let go on PR bonds.

One way to fix it is make the judges accountable like they have the Police. You grant bail for violent offences and someone gets killed by that person reoffending you can be sued by the family and face criminal charges. It's no different to removing qualified immunity to Police from my understanding. The same should be done for judges, prosecutors and defence lawyers.

The problem is that the state can't be perfect in assessing whether or not they're a risk for violence. Just because these mistakes are made doesn't mean we should keep cash bail which stacks the deck against the poor and in favor of the rich. Like in this scene.

@Gregolian

Anyway I think we should have corporal bail instead of cash bail. Oh you want to get out until your trial? That'll be 25 strokes of the cane.

The problem is that the state can't be perfect in assessing whether or not they're a risk for violence. Just because these mistakes are made doesn't mean we should keep cash bail which stacks the deck against the poor and in favor of the rich. Like in this scene.

@Gregolian

Every where I have worked they had a bail system but it was cash or bond. An example a guy gets arrested for Assault 2 DV in WA and has a history of breaking protective orders and violence the commissioner would set the bail amount at say $15000. Here's the kicker, lots of these guys still got out of jail as all they had to drop was $1500 or some other agreed to amount to the Bond company in order to be released.

In other spots, if the Commissioner wanted to set a bond to ensure appearance (the crime wasn't violent but the person has a lengthy FTA history) they'd set it at $3000 BOND or $600 cash. That way if they use the cash amount there's still more at risk for them in the hopes they show back up.

I could fill a whole page itt with examples without hardly trying... just here in Houston

@Gregolian

No worries... just keep releasing them until someone is murdered.

No worries... just keep releasing them until someone is murdered.
No system is perfect so of course over enough trials its going to make mistakes. Should we not reform bail just because we can't guarantee a 100% success rate?

Anyway I think we should have corporal bail instead of cash bail. Oh you want to get out until your trial? That'll be 25 strokes of the cane.
I totally think public corporal punishment would stop more urban crime.

nobody who wants street cred wants to have people throwing rotting vegetables at them while they are in the public stockade

watching supposed tough guys cry while getting the lash would have a huge effect on the community.

But that won’t happen in america, bc a certain political party will pander to the criminals.

If you're not paying attention to crime in the biggest cities, then it may come as a shock that crime has recently exploded, especially violent crimes like murder.

In Harris Country (Houston), criminals are being repeated let go on PR or recognizant bonds in a flailing effort of Bail Reform.

Of course, Democrats are unable to consider unintended consequences and crime has exploded in major cities where this is being tried out.

Breaking Bond: 2 babies now motherless because judge allowed repeat offender to remain free on multiple bonds
https://www.fox26houston.com/news/b...eat-offender-to-remain-free-on-multiple-bonds

In our last Breaking Bond report, we told you about six criminal district court judges. They all allowed 6 defendants in their courts to remain free on multiple felony or personal recognizance bonds until they allegedly killed someone.

182nd Criminal District Court Judge Danny Lacayo has eight defendants now charged with taking a life while free on multiple bonds.

One of them is 41-year-old Johnny Zemeno.

"When it hits home, it’s an unbearable pain," said Alicia Perez mother of 30-year-old Dalisha Blate.

Blate will never see her 6-month-old daughter or 18-month-old son grow up.

Perez blames two people, Zemeno and Judge Danny Lacayo.

"So he’s out on a PR bond and he gets charged with two felonies, continuous violence against a family member, and violating the protective order against the same family member he was originally given a PR bond for," said Andy Kahan with Crime Stoppers.

Make no mistake, these are activist Democrat judges, by passing state and country laws and implementing Democrat desired policies.

First of all, I agree that bonds should be reformed for lesser crimes, especially misdemeanors. But the woman in this example expected to be protected by our Judicial system when she went to the police for help.

These judges failed her... and now she's dead. Do these Lives Matter?

In Harris County alone, there's far more of these cases than incidents of police shootings... NATIONAWIDE!!

No one on the left cares... they have their agenda... Bail needs to be reformed, fuck the cost. And the cost is innocent lives being taken by repeat offenders, being repeated let go on PR bonds.
Non violent crimes need to stop being prosecuted to the extent that they are. Modern drug laws are draconian and do nothing to further society, but instead holds us back.

I totally think public corporal punishment would stop more urban crime.

nobody who wants street cred wants to have people throwing rotting vegetables at them while they are in the public stockade
I personally think its more humane. Just take your licks and be on your way instead of being thrown into a cage like an animal. Of course for violent criminals its probably best to separate them.

One way to fix it is make the judges accountable like they have the Police. You grant bail for violent offences and someone gets killed by that person reoffending you can be sued by the family and face criminal charges. It's no different to removing qualified immunity to Police from my understanding. The same should be done for judges, prosecutors and defence lawyers.

That would start to infringe on having a fair defense. If a lawyer was responsible for your actions, there wouldn’t be any defense lawyers in the USA.

Punishment is not the answer, but seemingly all some of you want. you need to get to the source of the problem. We need better education, better programs to help those in the inner cities to lift themselves up. sticking people in jail isnt the answer long term. its just easiest

I personally think its more humane. Just take your licks and be on your way instead of being thrown into a cage like an animal. Of course for violent criminals its probably best to separate them.
If I got some sort of crime for let’s say tax issues, or some sort of assault charge from a fist fight, if I had the choice between a year in jail and being publicly caned, I’d choose being caned. I’ll take the pain

however many urban criminals are way too comfortable in jail, and would probably choose jail.

@Gregolian

This is why it's impossible to craft good policies when there are rabble rousers willing to exploit unrepresentative cases to get morons like this guy all fired up.

Even if everyone is, on average, better off and our constitutional principles are strengthened, there will always be anecdotes at the margins like this. It's a major obstacle to criminal justice reform. Like, take Romeo & Juliet laws for instance. Most people agree that teenagers that engage in intercourse shouldn't be lumped in with violent predators. But if a state lawmaker passes a statute decriminalizing certain forms of statutory rape, the very second that one of those would-be-felon commits a violent sexual assault later in his life, blowhards will use it for political points and talk about how the lawmakers are siding with rapists over rape victims, etc.

I’d be ok with that. But there’s some people with super high pain tolerance levels that’s be really ok with that.
Think some of these guys being released didn’t even appear before a magistrate. They basically cut the process and without it mistakes are easier to make

The bill of rights says that bail is ok. Just not excessive bail.

what democrats are doing is NO BAIL. Catering to the large criminal class of America. America is friggin full of criminals.

Even in states with bail systems in place, the criminals already get out because of bondsmen.

In practical reality, the bail system only prevents the absolute poorest in society from getting out of jail before trial.

So the problem isn't so much with the criminals, but the people trying to monetize the criminal process.

Back