The fact that Hardy is a Hw contender shows how shallow ufc elite level is too boxing

Almost every normal prospect signed by the UFC fights a tougher schedule. I guess you're saying "but these were his first fights".

Well the UFC doesn't usually sign guys with 2-0 records or whatever he did in the contender series, so there isn't a lot to compare it to. There was Cain, who they signed at 2-0 and he fought Kongo, Rothwell, and Nog in his sixth, seventh, and eighth fight. But he was actually good, because the UFC doesn't sign people with 2-0 records unless they're good at MMA or someone like CM Punk. Hardy is obviously decent but he's still more on the CM Punk side than the Cain Velasquez side. If you have some other similarly experienced fighters feel free to bring them up, i'm not going to do much digging. Obviously Brock comes to mind and he fought actually good fighters as well.

That is where the special treatment comes in. Dude gets to have regional level MMA fights on the main card of fight nights and PPVs. Everyone before Volkov has been cut and most of them had(and still have) 0 UFC wins.

Yes Brock and Cain followed a normal prospects career path. Jesus you really think people believe that?

Khabib VS Hardy

Who would you bet your house on?

No way a football player at the age of 30 with no combat experience could just walk in and be a contender in boxing but Hardy is considered a contender in UFC, if he becomes a champion one day it would look even worse. I still love UFC don’t get me wrong but it just shows the levels of eliteness in boxing vs mma
Think about this.

Deontay Wilder got his girl pregnant and needed to figure out how to earn some money. Out of the blue with no experience he stepped into a boxing gym.

10 years later he was 28-0 with 28 KO.

Everyone has to start somewhere. It's not about where you start. It's about where you end.

Hardy is not a contender he isnt even ranked.....

Well hasn't most of the guys he fought been brought in to the UFC, before Volkov)
Several had 1 UFC fight was cut and then back to face Hardy.
I cant recall many or any "prospect" in any other weight class they did that to.
exactly

Yes Brock and Cain followed a normal prospects career path. Jesus you really think people believe that?
so you didn't read or didn't follow.

I said literally every HW prospect or prospect in general have a tougher road than Hardy, not just Cain and Brock lol. Who else is having regional level fights on the main card as many times as Greg? There is nothing wrong with Greg Hardy KOing Dimitri Smdldfokv or gassing and running away from Ben Sasoli, it's just dumb that it's in the UFC.

The reason I brought up Cain and Brock is because they're guys who were signed with little to no experience, but guys who are signed with little to no experience are usually signed for a reason and they fight real comp.

Reactions: lsa
Has Hardy even beaten anyone in the top 30?

He still needs to improve quite a bit in my opinion to be a HW contender but I don’t even care if he ever becomes one. The guy has real athleticism and is explosive as fuck. His fights are exciting as he goes in with bad intentions and hits like a ton of bricks.

exactly

so you didn't read or didn't follow.

I said literally every HW prospect or prospect in general have a tougher road than Hardy, not just Cain and Brock lol. Who else is having regional level fights on the main card as many times as Greg? There is nothing wrong with Greg Hardy KOing Dimitri Smdldfokv or gassing and running away from Ben Sasoli, it's just dumb that it's in the UFC.

The reason I brought up Cain and Brock is because they're guys who were signed with little to no experience, but guys who are signed with little to no experience are usually signed for a reason and they fight real comp.

Plenty of hws fought multiple regional level hws after debuting. You really think this is a rarity? Cain and Brock are obviously not the norm yet you keep comparing Hardy to them instead pf someone like Tanner Boser(who was still more experienced than Hardy).

It is known, HW combat sports will always be thin. If you are a large athlete you go to NFL,NBA,etc. If you are an elite boxer you dont do MMA. Boxers make way more money at the top.

By your logic, boxing being so popular, a lot of failed HW boxers should come clean house at UFC HW. But all we got who's similar to a description like this is Derrick Lewis.

Plenty of hws fought multiple regional level hws after debuting. You really think this is a rarity? Cain and Brock are obviously not the norm yet you keep comparing Hardy to them instead pf someone like Tanner Boser(who was still more experienced than Hardy).
He's comparing Hardy to them because they were signed with similar amount of experience, as opposed to Boser who also fought better guys than Greg. Gane right off the bat instead of Allen Crowder, Lins, etc.

Hardy has been the most protected HW prospect to date, it's really not debatable. I don't hold it against him since he didn't have a combat sports background unlike Brock or Cain, and obviously doesn't have the natural talent for fighting either had, but they really should have let him get some more experience in LFA or something. Same thing with Chase Hooper.

Reactions: xP
I'm not sure I'd call him a contender.

He's ranked #47 on Fight Matrix.

Reactions: xP
I'll bet the TS can't name the top 10 HW boxers without going to Wikipedia.

Boser is only four fights deep and his second fight was Gane. Gane (who's now ranked) is a tougher fight than every Hardy fight other than when he was gifted Volkov. Hardy's second fight was one of his own training partners who literally was only there to lose. Boser is also not being paraded out in the comain event lol.

Again, I am not comparing Hardy to Cain/Brock and I don't "keep comparing them". I do not expect him to have the same path as them. I've already explained why I even mentioned them.

Greg Hardy is a prize hog to the UFC. he's getting special treatment and his fights suck.

A C level Kickboxer trained for a few years and KOd Overeem.

The talent pool of HWs combatans in general is a joke, but UFC HW is not the worst... I would say it's HW Muay Thai (hahaha)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back