The Faber & Ludwig Fiasco

Beastos

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I think they are throwing shots at each other to hype the Faber/Dillashaw fight. They probably came to the realization that they are going to have to fight each other, so why not hype it up? In the process they act hard about fighting each other, so Dana throws more money at them. Thats the reason Faber and Ludwig are throwing shots at each other, why else would they still be in pictures together/seem to not mind each other.

I think they are throwing shots at each other to hype the Faber/Dillashaw fight. They probably came to the realization that they are going to have to fight each other, so why not hype it up? In the process they act hard about fighting each other, so Dana throws more money at them. Thats the reason Faber and Ludwig are throwing shots at each other, why else would they still be in pictures together/seem to not mind each other.

I think they are saying things, I would hardly call them shots at each other, because they both are/were fighters and arnt afraid to voice their opinion about how they feel and I also believe what they are saying is more about the business side of him leaving more so than anything, Ludwig has said he was leaving at some point to do his own thing and faber supported him in doing so. I don't feel there is any bad blood there and again faber and dillashaw already said theyd fight for the right incentives, which is smart financially for them to do cause they now sorta have the upper hand in negotiations, they know everyone likes to see people that were close talk shit and fight eachother because no one wants to lose the fight in which you have to look at the person that whooped your ass everyday.

What exactly has done to earn a title shot? He just had a title fight and got owned..I don't care how much drama or whatever you want to call it there is for this fight. He hasn't earned anything and doesn't deserve a shot. I'm tired of seeing this guy weasel into title shots.

What exactly has done to earn a title shot? He just had a title fight and got owned..I don't care how much drama or whatever you want to call it there is for this fight. He hasn't earned anything and doesn't deserve a shot. I'm tired of seeing this guy weasel into title shots.

Finishing Jorgensen, Menjivar, MacDonald and handling Alcantara is not weaseling.

And i don't wanna hear about any WEC shit either because he was the most dominant champion they had.

There is no Faber and Dillashaw fisaco.

The entire idea is being manufactured by the UFC with help fro their media lapdogs to market a fight that has no business taking place anytime in the near future.

The UFC feels Faber vs Dillashaw will make them the most money, and they would be correct. They also have to live with the fact they are not a legitimate sport, and I'm pretty sure they don't care.

Faber getting another title shot? Really?

The entire idea is being manufactured by the UFC with help fro their media lapdogs to market a fight that has no business taking place anytime in the near future.

The UFC feels Faber vs Dillashaw will make them the most money, and they would be correct. They also have to live with the fact they are not a legitimate sport, and I'm pretty sure they don't care.

They're not a real sport? Yet, they basically claim one of the biggest Sporting Networks on TV as their own. Seriously dude..did Dana _ _ _ _ your BF or something?

pretty much this

for the record, Faber/Dillashaw would definitely be a good, highly competitive fight, but it's not worth breaking up one of MMA's biggest camps over.

I'm one of Faber's biggest fans, and I think he can beat Dillashaw, but Assuncao deserves the next shot, Faber has more work to do before he can fight for the title, and may want to consider just taking big name fights between 134 adn 145 to end his career with. He has nothing left to prove, and should be happy that his prodigy now has the title (if Dillashaw loses his title, he can go in for it)

They're not a real sport? Yet, they basically claim one of the biggest Sporting Networks on TV as their own. Seriously dude..did Dana _ _ _ _ your BF or something?

Where does their sports network rank?

No Dana, you didn't.

And I would strongly advise using your brain sometime in the near future.

pretty much this

for the record, Faber/Dillashaw would definitely be a good, highly competitive fight, but it's not worth breaking up one of MMA's biggest camps over.

I'm one of Faber's biggest fans, and I think he can beat Dillashaw, but Assuncao deserves the next shot, Faber has more work to do before he can fight for the title, and may want to consider just taking big name fights between 134 adn 145 to end his career with. He has nothing left to prove, and should be happy that his prodigy now has the title (if Dillashaw loses his title, he can go in for it)

Agree 100%

it doesn't matter how the media portray MMA.
if you really think about it MMA would be one of the purest and oldest sports alive.
MMA is pretty much pankration, and has been around since 648 BC (had to wiki it)

So does that mean 4th? 5th?
And what does the age of a sport have to do with legitimacy?

I think Faber should be getting at least another 3 titles shots. Then he'll have lost a total of 10 title shots. Then straight to the UFC Hall of Fame.

There is no beef, you lost your time thinking about it, shold've done something more productive.

well if it is considered a sport before almost all other sports, how is it not legitimate?

the definition of sport is physical activity where an individual or team competes against each other for entertainment.

so lemme ask you how network rankings would legitimize a sport?

Who's actually contesting the legitimacy of the sport itself?
I guess the fella who said the sport is less legit if Faber gets the title shot. The age of the sport has little to do with matchmaking relationship with sport legitimacy

Don't be scared homey. First up for Dillishaw is Barao in Brazil.

Back