THE EXPANSE (Season 6 Official Trailer; Premieres Dec. 10, 2021)

I have only seen ike 2 episodes in season 1. so far so good. I like the level of violence/gore in the show and the gratitous cinemax style sex scenes. it seems unique so far for a sci fi show.

This is some of the GOAT sci fi. Truly. Just finished season four thinking there was already a season five. :(:eek::(

It seemed a strange decision for Syfy to cancel it with lots of books left and that it was Amazon and not Netflix who picked it up as Netflix did all the non US distribution.
I guess most people here watching it are only watching because of the first 3 seasons (it seemed to me like movie level tv even then) but as soon as they released the trailer for s4 it was clear that the budget had gone way up.
Quite similar to what happened with The Last Kingdom (the other Vikings show) when that went from BBC to Netflix. The battle scenes then went from 30-40 people to 100's of them.
Scfy cancelled it because they had a bad deal with the producers and were making no money. Scfy was losing money on it. They were never able to come to terms. The show landed in a good place though.

Great set up for next season!!!! Fucking hell! As a reader of the novels, I knew what to expect story wise. The story of New Terra/Isal was pretty well done. Just a few changes from the novel material, but nothing major. All the main pieces were presented well.

And the finale episode was awesome! The set up was different, but it still held true with the major plot points. I'm fucking amped for next season!!! Amos will have a major storyline.

I really enjoyed the carryover of Ashford's character. It was a change from the novels, but the actor does a great portrayal so the spin was pretty cool as a bit of a redemption arc for him. Well done!
Having watched all four seasons, I decided to jump ahead and start reading the books. I'm on Cibola Burn now. I'm glad they combined characters to make Drummer, she and Ashford are my fav (Amos too). I like how they handled him in the show more.

What does season 4 encapsulate, books wise? So far in the Cibola Burn book (half way through) it's all about the planet.

Having watched all four seasons, I decided to jump ahead and start reading the books. I'm on Cibola Burn now. I'm glad they combined characters to make Drummer, she and Ashford are my fav (Amos too). I like how they handled him in the show more.

What does season 4 encapsulate, books wise? So far in the Cibola Burn book (half way through) it's all about the planet.
S4 is mostly Cibola Burn with a smattering of the next book, mostly setting things up. S5 should start fast out of the gates because the foundation of the next novel's plotline has already been laid.

I read the books after finishing S4 and I think the show is better than the books in almost every respect. The one thing I think the books do better is the feel of the ships, especially how the interiors are described.

S4 is mostly Cibola Burn with a smattering of the next book, mostly setting things up. S5 should start fast out of the gates because the foundation of the next novel's plotline has already been laid.

I read the books after finishing S4 and I think the show is better than the books in almost every respect. The one thing I think the books do better is the feel of the ships, especially how the interiors are described.
Cool man, thanks!

I agree, I like the show better too, and it's usually the opposite, but the books are still great. They describe the ships better, but one thing the books can't give you is the feel of combat and motion/newtonian physics. I like how vulnerable they are, as they have to depressurize the cabin in battle, so damn cool

I love the Roci too, and the casting is excellent over-all,

I just finished CB. I'm rewatching S4 now, after already rewatching the first 3 seasons. I don't normally rewatch things, certainly not this close to previous viewings, but this show is better the second time around. They put so much love and attention into every scene, I appreciate the details.

tumblr_p9cj9flaEX1so1nhno4_500.gifv

Miller is money!

Update: October 8, 2020

Trailer for THE EXPANSE Season 5, Premieres on Amazon Prime on Dec. 16, 2020

The future of The Belt has begun as Marco Inaros wages Armageddon against the Inners for a lifetime of oppression and injustice.

DAMN!!!!! That was a good trailer for season 5!!! Calling it now, this is the season that wins an Emmy for The Expanse! :D

Goodness. Looks like it'll be another good season.

Seems like this season came by a lot quicker than I expected. Can't wait.

Seems like this season came by a lot quicker than I expected. Can't wait.

Yeah, thank goodness. They filmed seasons 4 and 5 in one go I believe, so when the pandemic hit they were already in post production. :cool:

Yeah, thank goodness. They filmed seasons 4 and 5 in one go I believe, so when the pandemic hit they were already in post production. :cool:

Oh I didn't know that. Good to hear. Covid has been fucking up all my shows so I just assumed this was part of it.

Back