THE EXPANSE (Season 6 Official Trailer; Premieres Dec. 10, 2021)

I felt the same way, underwhelming, but a great set up for season 5. I'm glad this came out all at once. This wouldn't have made for great weekly viewing, better to binge.

I really like Bobbie and Chrisjen, but I felt their stories were bland, especially Chrisjen's. I really didn't care about her political plight, seems more like they were just trying to give her something to do to have her on screen.

Bobbie's story wasn't that great either, but I liked seeing more of Mars, and seeing how the attitude among Martians is changing because of the habitable planets in the ring gates. It's basically the catalyst for Marcos getting weapons.

I felt like they spent way too much time with the two factions fighting on the planet. I wanted to know more about the builders, but at least there were no black and white good/bad guys. This guy (Murtry) was awesome too
dims

Klaes is such a badass. He's never dull on screen. I wanted to see more with him, Fred, and Drummer, as I like their dynamic, but this was pretty sick

Dude went out like a boss

It also sucks
that Miller is gone. His scenes with Holder were always among my favs. He left a great impression though

My buddy I watch with has read the books, and he says there's some insanity coming our way, which I can't wait for! I'm def going to read the books once the show wraps up, hopefully 6 seasons.

I enjoyed this season but it did follow the book that was more of a gap filler to a major plot (s). Each story this season is setting things up. There's some heavy stuff to come and I really can't wait!

I'm a reader of the books and there really is some great stuff coming up.

Amos is gold. Terrifying and hilarious

I enjoyed this season but it did follow the book that was more of a gap filler to a major plot (s). Each story this season is setting things up. There's some heavy stuff to come and I really can't wait!

I'm a reader of the books and there really is some great stuff coming up.
This felt very much like season 1 in hindsight. The world and character building in both are top notch, but they are slow burns that set up incredible payoffs. I can't wait for more!

I think I'm going to pick up the books to tie me over, but I don't want to surpass the show. Where should I leave off?

Last edited:
I'm glad this came out all at once. This wouldn't have made for great weekly viewing, better to binge.
True. Binge-watching it hides a lot of the flaws of season 4, otherwise it would have been more obvious if shown on a weekly basis.

There were a lot of "Holy shit" cool moments in previous seasons. In this season, there were probably only 2-3 moments for me.

Amos is gold. Terrifying and hilarious

This felt very much like season 1 in hindsight. The world and character building in both are top notch, but they are slow burns that set up incredible payoffs. I can't wait for more!

I think I'm going to pick up the books to tie me over, but I don't want to surpass the show. Where should I leave off?

I believe book 4, Cibola Burn, is where this season left off.

What the hell is happening, just started season 4. The production value has skyrocketed so much its like a movie now. Loved the torpedo scene on episode 4. Good stuff.

What the hell is happening, just started season 4. The production value has skyrocketed so much its like a movie now. Loved the torpedo scene on episode 4. Good stuff.

SyFy cancelled it and Amazon bought it and started making it.
To be honest the first 3 seasons were pretty good effects/production wise too.

SyFy cancelled it and Amazon bought it and started making it.
To be honest the first 3 seasons were pretty good effects/production wise too.
Yeah dude I knew about that. I've been following the expanse threads here since earlier. The earlier seasons aren't bad, we're lucky Amazon and Bezos took a personal interest in this I guess.

Yeah dude I knew about that. I've been following the expanse threads here since earlier. The earlier seasons aren't bad, we're lucky Amazon and Bezos took a personal interest in this I guess.

It seemed a strange decision for Syfy to cancel it with lots of books left and that it was Amazon and not Netflix who picked it up as Netflix did all the non US distribution.
I guess most people here watching it are only watching because of the first 3 seasons (it seemed to me like movie level tv even then) but as soon as they released the trailer for s4 it was clear that the budget had gone way up.
Quite similar to what happened with The Last Kingdom (the other Vikings show) when that went from BBC to Netflix. The battle scenes then went from 30-40 people to 100's of them.

Agree. Production quality is fantastic. I can't wait to see what they do for season 5.

It seemed a strange decision for Syfy to cancel it with lots of books left and that it was Amazon and not Netflix who picked it up as Netflix did all the non US distribution.
I guess most people here watching it are only watching because of the first 3 seasons (it seemed to me like movie level tv even then) but as soon as they released the trailer for s4 it was clear that the budget had gone way up.
Quite similar to what happened with The Last Kingdom (the other Vikings show) when that went from BBC to Netflix. The battle scenes then went from 30-40 people to 100's of them.

It seems SyFy apparently had a really bad deal and wasn't making any money off the show.

I haven't finished season 4 yet I have about two more episodes but I agree with @GtehMVP this was a season that benefited heavily being able to binge it. Can't even imagine how annoyed I would be by some of these episodes having waited a whole week for not much of anything.

I don't know where this story line is going with Bobby but I pretty much don't see anyway to save it. I like her character and was a bit annoyed when she didn't go with the rest of the crew but she's not a person I want to see in a solo side story. Wherever this is headed I can almost guarantee they could have shortened it a bunch.

Either way better than season 1. Only really cause I'm invested in the characters now and the binge. Otherwise it might have ended up slightly below season 1.

It seems SyFy apparently had a really bad deal and wasn't making any money off the show.

I haven't finished season 4 yet I have about two more episodes but I agree with @GtehMVP this was a season that benefited heavily being able to binge it. Can't even imagine how annoyed I would be by some of these episodes having waited a whole week for not much of anything.

I don't know where this story line is going with Bobby but I pretty much don't see anyway to save it. I like her character and was a bit annoyed when she didn't go with the rest of the crew but she's not a person I want to see in a solo side story. Wherever this is headed I can almost guarantee they could have shortened it a bunch.

Either way better than season 1. Only really cause I'm invested in the characters now and the binge. Otherwise it might have ended up slightly below season 1.
Same here, came cause I'm binging it right now. Can't do weekly anymore, the wait kills me.

Same here, came cause I'm binging it right now. Can't do weekly anymore, the wait kills me.

Yep I try to binge everything these days. Even new shows that come out and people say are great I just wait until it all comes out and then binge it. It makes shows in general so much better. Doing that right now with the Mandalorian and I think Watchmen just finish so I'll probably go ahead and start that after I finish Expanse. Then again Witcher also dropped so I'll have to see.

I have absolutely no issues with the season 4 story arc. It kept me very interested.
My suspicion is that Bobby is working with law enforcement under deep cover, which would explain why her former boss was nabbed so quickly after she was fired.

While not quite as compelling as the earlier seasons, especially season 3, I have no true complaints about season 4. This season felt more like set up for the future, which is easily forgivable.

My one huge complaint is that Dominique Tipper has seemingly went full Hollywood, and turned her fantastic thiccness into generic Hollywood skinny. Both me and the wife were lamenting how she lost her butt.

While not quite as compelling as the earlier seasons, especially season 3, I have no true complaints about season 4. This season felt more like set up for the future, which is easily forgivable.

My one huge complaint is that Dominique Tipper has seemingly went full Hollywood, and turned her fantastic thiccness into generic Hollywood skinny. Both me and the wife were lamenting how she lost her butt.
I think I remember a blurb about her doing a whole lot of working out in the lead up to this season to match all the work the character had to do to prep for land-fall.

I think I remember a blurb about her doing a whole lot of working out in the lead up to this season to match all the work the character had to do to prep for land-fall.
So this is due to tragic method acting? :(

Great show.

Watched it very recently and finished the fourth season last week. It's the weakest IMO.

Season 1 had the ambiguity and the joy of discovering an entirely new world of planets, politics, alliances, and characters.

Season 2 had the intrigue of the protomolecule.

Season 3 had the ring and a shift of political dynamics.

Season 4 was just more of the same. Not a bad season per se, but I didn't get into its story arc as much as the previous seasons.

Great show. It gets a bit odd in season three and four, but the cast is awesome. Amos rocks.

Back