The Exit Strategy

Clever he is...

After reading Conor's little shot at Paulie, I can't help but think Khabib is his last UFC fight (win or lose).

He's already setting up his next boxing pay day.
Then he's back on the yacht sucking back his
whiskey and smoking a fattie.

Barring any contract restrictions, this is his quickest road to $100 million back in the bank.

The boy will be set with his clothing line, boxing promotion, whiskey sales, etc.

Back to family with minimal CTE.
Nobody is paying 100 fucking dollars to watch conor box paulie fucking malanaggi get a grip.

What, getting your head repeatedly snapped back to the extent that he was staggering around the ring like he'd just knocked back 20 shots DOESN'T scream concussion to you?

not at all. He was fatigued and unstable, eating a series or low power shots before the ref decided he wasnt defending himself (rightfully). He could have eaten 20 more without going out, which I understand "going out" can actually protect you from taking more damage, but this was mild.

If he fights Paulie and also gets knocked out, are we gonna keep up the whole "Oh, look how good he did against Mayweather" facade up?

not at all. He was fatigued and unstable, eating a series or low power shots before the ref decided he wasnt defending himself (rightfully). He could have eaten 20 more without going out, which I understand "going out" can actually protect you from taking more damage, but this was mild.

I think you need to have a little think.

He clearly took punishment to the extent that he could barely stand and the ref had mercy on his soul.

If that ain't signs of a concussion I don't know what is.

One blow to the head can cause a concussion let alone the 700 Floyd tee'd off on him in rounds 9 and 10 alone.

I think you need to have a little think.

He clearly took punishment to the extent that he could barely stand and the ref had mercy on his soul.

If that ain't signs of a concussion I don't know what is.

One blow to the head can cause a concussion let alone the 700 Floyd tee'd off on him in rounds 9 and 10 alone.

I would have to see test results of said CTE... I doubt it the same way I doubt Koscheck or Sheilds had CTE trauma after GSP.

The public isn’t dumb enough to buy a Paulie/Conor boxing match. It honestly would be the dumbest move he can make. It would sell like crap and the chances of him getting beat by Paulie are pretty high.
This. Only reason MayMac made money was bc of the May part.

He got pieced up but nothing about that screams concussion

He’s getting his head bounced around and he’s on roller skates. You don’t need to be knocked unconscious to sustain a concussion or brain damage. Safe bet this fight shortened his life.

I would have to see test results of said CTE... I doubt it the same way I doubt Koscheck or Sheilds had CTE trauma after GSP.

I haven't seen those fights except the one where GSP jabbed his eye closed.

Were they staggering around the cage in those fights and did they get their heads based in by a professional ex P4P King boxer?

Nobody is paying 100 fucking dollars to watch conor box paulie fucking malanaggi get a grip.

That's fucking right; grab a few friends and my BIL - poker and $20 for the fights.

That's how it's done, son.

You are wrong. Totally wrong.

Floyd is the biggest PPV draw of all time. Over 20 million PPV's sold.

Pauli has never been on PPV.

The max it will draw is 1.5 million and that's wishful thinking.

Come on now...

All of MMA and Mayweather's crew + boxing fans will want to see Con-air get lit up again.. or will he?

The public isn’t dumb enough to buy a Paulie/Conor boxing match. It honestly would be the dumbest move he can make. It would sell like crap and the chances of him getting beat by Paulie are pretty high.
Paulie would be the safest bet you ever made.

Fade into obscurity with a WWE cameo once in awhile.

You can say whatever you want, doesn't mean it resembles reality. Paulie isn't Mayweather on any level, the public at large doesn't have a clue who he is. The curiosity over how Conor will fair in a boxing ring is over after the Mayweather fight also. There's nothing about this that would create the same interest level as the Mayweather fight. They'd be lucky to get 1/2 the PPV orders.

He may not be Floyd, but he has made a name for himself in the MMA community because of the sparring video, his commentary, and rivalry with Conor.

I don't / did not follow boxing, and never heard of Paulie until MayMac. I know him better than some entry level UFC fighters.

There is interest on a higher level, whether you call it 1.5 or 2.5 or 20 million PPV buys. It will sell.

Even this thread buys into it:
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/d...he-khabib-fight.3811767/page-2#post-143732197

who other than Conor fanboys pays for a boxing match against Paulie??? And they probaly stream it haha.

Connor is a mediocre at best boxer who boxing fans dont care about. His meal ticket is and will always be MMA because no one cares about him outside MMA.

Back