The Excuses Have Started

He's also missed weight by about 5 lbs against RDA.

I'm not sure why people keep arguing this point, Nate is clearly a good bit bigger than Conor, but as I've said, if you sign to fight that is not a valid excuse.

only time he missed weight in like 10 years and he was injured. I agree Nate has a bigger frame so he can add more weight easier, but at 155 they enter the cage at about the same weight.

Um his last fight was @ 170 and so is his next fight, he is currently a UFC welterweight.

Nothing wrong with the first pic
Then Conor is officially a WW using that logic since his last fight was @ 170lbs...he should be mentioned as a WW for now on.

Do you "fight fans" and "hardcores" really classify Nathaniel as a fucking welterweight ? Everybody knows it's basically two lightweights fighting at their almost walk-around weight.

Lol yup 2 guy's the exact same size.

You Conor hater's are a bunch of goofs if you can't see a size difference between the 2

Lol yup 2 guy's the exact same size.

You Conor hater's are a bunch of goofs if you can't see a size difference between the 2

Do you give Aldo and Mendes the same pass? They were fighting a larger man as well, never heard them using that as an excuse...

He's also missed weight by about 5 lbs against RDA.

I'm not sure why people keep arguing this point, Nate is clearly a good bit bigger than Conor, but as I've said, if you sign to fight that is not a valid excuse.

When he missed weight against RDA he said that he was injured in training camp and unable to train and do what was necessary to shed the pounds.

He said that he did not want to drop out because :

1. He was coming off of a very long (albeit self imposed) layoff and he needed to get paid

2. He wanted to honor his word and show up to fight regardless

That is his only miss to date and he missed weight by a lot which I think somewhat verifies his story. And he was clearly not in the shape that we are used to seeing him in against RDA.

Also, Nate made the cut to 155 3 times during a 6 week period for TUF. No WW could do that.

No, the number one contender in the fw division can.

I'll ask again since you side stepped the question. Why isn't, cloner who is according to you a fw, not defending his belt?

We now have an interim champ while the current champ is completely healthy but won't defend his belt.

Here's the situation. Cloner can't make fw anymore. The plan was to go up and walk into a title bout at lw. Unfortunately for cloner and his fans Nate the vacation Diaz walked in and fucking smashed cloner. Now all the well laid plans are in disarray.

He's already said (as has Dana White) that he's defending the Featherweight Championship against Jose Aldo in his next fight, win lose or draw against Nate.

Just answer the question. How many champions lost their last fight? Quantify it.

Lol every single 1 that fought outside of their weight class.

Are you honestly trying to say Conor should lose his FW title to Nate Diaz???

Or are you trying to say that Conor is getting special treatment because he's a draw, that any other fighter wouldve lost there belt??

I'm just trying to understand the logic behind this dumb question and what it implies

Do you "fight fans" and "hardcores" really classify Nathaniel as a fucking welterweight ? Everybody knows it's basically two lightweights fighting at their almost walk-around weight.
Conor is a massive FW, whereas Nate is a small WW and really a LW.

I don't think Conor would be a big LW, and he's certainly not a WW.

there is a size difference, it's just not 2 weight classes.

I get having this fight at WW so that if Conor loses it doesn't count against his standings at LW to a lot of people, but it puts Conor at a big disadvantage. At 155, they probably enter the cage about the same weight. At WW, Nate should definitely be a good 10 pounds heavier.
I agree that it puts Conor at a disadvantage, but he's a stubborn guy who is convinced he can take Nate at WW.

I don't really buy that he only wants it at WW for an excuse, if he thought that way he just wouldn't have went after the rematch.

Also, Nate made the cut to 155 3 times during a 6 week period for TUF. No WW could do that.
Come on man, that was 9 years ago when he was a 21-22 years old.

He was still growing into his frame as a man.

How many FW champions lost their last fight and remained champ?
how many FW champions have been big enough stars to get a LW title shot, for that to pull out and then take a fight at WW?

even if it wasnt the Nate fight last time, Conor still wouldnt have been defending the belt..... so just quit your crying about it

Nate is clearly the larger man out of the two but only by 1 weightclass, not 2.

Come on man, that was 9 years ago when he was a 21-22 years old.

He was still growing into his frame as a man.

9 years ago and he still makes the cut to LW. He couldn't have grown that much.

If the cut was overly difficult, why would he have requested this fight with Conor be contested at 155?

Back