The Exaggeration over Jose Aldo's weight cut is Ridiculous

MescalineDreams

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm looking at him speak, the energy in his face and eyes..hes fine.

He's dropped fat from his face and body, dropped excess muscle and the comparison to his regular self is causing people to believe he looks more drained than he actually is

TJ looked bad against Cejudo. Conor looked bad against Mendes.

people are acting like he's gonna die tomorrow. He seems a little drained, probably eating nothing but salad, no carbs or animal foods. Nothing significant whatsoever tho

I hope you're right man. I'd really like to see Aldo make a late career resurgence.

Lets hope the octagon is constructed properly
tenor.gif

"Fine" is a questionable concept in this case..

Well that's another matter

Historically older fighters dropping down isn't always the recipe for success

Very true, and I'd like to think Aldo is an exception to this. Probably not, but we can hope.

He doesn’t look good at all honestly. Yes he has energy but he looks way too drained.

Exaggerate is one of the things sherdog does best.

<BC1>

When I look into his eyes I see the other side of the universe.

He doesn’t look good at all honestly. Yes he has energy but he looks way too drained.

Yeah, something like that.
I just watched the interview to see myself and yes, he does seem to be focused (enough) and to have energy...but at the same time, it feels like if you told him ok, go lift that chair over there, he'd fall from the lack of strength.
But hey, looks can be deceiving, so who knows.
Hopefully it's a good fight

Yeah visually he looks pretty bad, but in terms of his body language, energy level, etc. he seems just fine. Still, visually he looks pretty bad haha. We'll see how it all plays out at weigh ins and during the fight, but it's hard to imagine he's not sacrificing something that'll harm him looking as drained physically as he does.

He's dropped fat from his face and body, dropped excess muscle and the comparison to his regular self is causing people to believe he looks more drained than he actually is

people are acting like he's gonna die tomorrow. He seems a little drained, probably eating nothing but salad, no carbs or animal foods. Nothing significant whatsoever tho

I feel like he will get ruined,,wrecked and finished in. Devastating fashion by Marlon. I have a very bad feeling but do hope I’m wrong.

Yeah visually he looks pretty bad, but in terms of his body language, energy level, etc. he seems just fine. Still, visually he looks pretty bad haha. We'll see how it all plays out at weigh ins and during the fight, but it's hard to imagine he's not sacrificing something that'll harm him looking as drained physically as he does.
I think people are just used to seeing him a certain way so believe him to be more drained than he actually is

He's very low body fat right now

Physically I think he looks good. He looks healthy

Maybe a bit drained but nowhere near what people are making it out to be

His cheekbones look incredible. Very Schindler-chic.

I feel like WEC Aldo was less muscular/smaller than UFC FW version, which allowed him to be more mobile and aggressive. Got a bunch of muscle and slowed down, though still great. Who knows maybe I'm seeing things. But maybe BW version will be more like WEC Aldo.

His face does look pretty terrible right now though...

His desperation to seek more gold in the twilight of his career has done terrible things to him.

maxresdefault.jpg

This.

WAR ALDO!!

P.S.: About the interview... WTF this translator is doing? I don't get it. Aldo says like 5 words and he says a bible that Aldo didn't say... Fire him right now.

Back