The Eryk Anders question. Is this what America hypes?

Ideanudge

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Looks sluggish and a journeyman material for the MW division.

You watch your filthy fuckin mouth.

It's a rebuilding year.

Hypes? He was an amateur football player who many people don’t know... and even though he didn’t play a down in the nfl he’s still knocking out mma fighters ..

He got off To a slow start for sure but once he started mixing things up, aka throwing other weapons than just the straight left, he really pulled away.

His tdd would look bad against a top wrestler but we have to keep in mind he has only been fighting for 3 years, which is pretty crazy.

Losing the Machida fight was a blessing. If he had gotten the nod like he probably should have he would be been thrown to the wolves.

Overall, he needs more octagon time vs mid-level guys. The Theodorou fight is great for him next whether he loses to shoeface or not.

Dudes never been more than a C+. Only started 1 year in college and he was done.

It was his senior season, but yes it's quite easy to be a starter for Alabama football, one step above Pop Warner.

What hype? Lol definitely fabricated by the ufc for you overseas folks. We know real talent in the states and he wasn’t getting nearly the talk

Still he’s got potential

What hype? I've seen more(undeserved) hype about that other footballer on Dana's Tuesday night series than I ever have about erik.

It was his senior season, but yes it's quite easy to be a starter for Alabama football, one step above Pop Warner.

It's not easy but A+ athlete is elite of the elite. All pro NFL players. Not guys who try to walk onto the fucking Browns. Dude got cut from Canadian football, THEN Arena football.
C+ for college, B- would be NFL backup, B for average NFL starter, A for All pro, A+ for HOF NFL

He's got a national championship football ring and Americans love that shit. Fighting is more than playing ball though.

It's not easy but A+ athlete is elite of the elite. All pro NFL players. Not guys who try to walk onto the fucking Browns. Dude got cut from Canadian football, THEN Arena football.
C+ for college, B- would be NFL backup, B for average NFL starter, A for All pro, A+ for HOF NFL

Maybe so, but in those terms, the gap between Anders and his opponent tonight was way bigger than Anders and an NFL starter. Tim Williams played zero sports of any kind and had no martial arts background.

"Williams did his fighting on the street.

'I always thought I was tough, but I didn't play sports in high school,' the 2004 Millville High School graduate said. "I wish I would have wrestled or played football. But I was young and stupid. My mind just wasn't in the right place."

Maybe so, but in those terms, the gap between Anders and his opponent tonight was way bigger than Anders and an NFL starter. Tim Williams played zero sports of any kind and had no martial arts background.

"Williams did his fighting on the street.

'I always thought I was tough, but I didn't play sports in high school,' the 2004 Millville High School graduate said. "I wish I would have wrestled or played football. But I was young and stupid. My mind just wasn't in the right place."

So you admit Williams athletic potential was completely unknown. He could have easily been a C-

Back