The end of Californication.

The only good thing about the show is they bring in various actresses to do nude scenes, which is something you could say about all the Showtime series. Not quite enough to make me keep subscribing to Showtime.

Mr Skin will be sad to see it go.

They'll be fornicating in California for a long time.

This show sucks so bad now. Abandoned it all together after a few episodes of this season.

First two or three seasons were amazing. After that, yeah, it's had its moments, but mostly I'm just watching out of loyalty. Still some good bits, but I don't really consider it must-see anymore.

If they could have kept up the quality of the first two seasons, shit, it might even be a top 5 all time show for me.

It's funny ... I think the show really suffers a bit from the same syndrome the main character does ... a ton of potential to work with, but execution just doesn't live up to what it's done in the past.

They've fallen too in love with him and karen every season, he wins her back and then fucks it up somehow.

Anyone catch the finale? Thoughts?

I'm a fan of the show, even the weaker seasons 4+, but this season was just sort of flat and mediocre. I kept hoping the finale would at least be strong, but I have to say that this was one of the worst series finales I've ever seen. It seemed like just another episode until the last 5 minutes, and wasn't compelling or remarkable in any way. If I didn't know better I would have thought that it was one of those cases where the network cancels a show halfway through the season and the writers have only a few days notice to fix the final script.

Fell the fuck off. Horribly. Boring. Pure shit now.

Anyone catch the finale? Thoughts?

I'm a fan of the show, even the weaker seasons 4+, but this season was just sort of flat and mediocre. I kept hoping the finale would at least be strong, but I have to say that this was one of the worst series finales I've ever seen. It seemed like just another episode until the last 5 minutes, and wasn't compelling or remarkable in any way. If I didn't know better I would have thought that it was one of those cases where the network cancels a show halfway through the season and the writers have only a few days notice to fix the final script.

I think you are sorta correct. After season 6 ended and they announced a 7th season there was no mention of it being the final season but then in December they announced that it would in fact be the final season. Based on that and some other stuff that I read it leads me to believe that the season was originally written as just another season but was then changed at some point to be the final season, which explains why it doesn't really feel like it was leading to anything.

I really enjoyed the parts of this season that didn't involve karen and becca. Holy shit that girl is so morose. I was cute and fun years ago. Now she's just an emotional drain. I'll watch a spinoff with Runkle and the new kid. What a breath of fresh humor he (new kid) is. Stu can stay too.

I really enjoyed the parts of this season that didn't involve karen and becca. Holy shit that girl is so morose. I was cute and fun years ago. Now she's just an emotional drain. I'll watch a spinoff with Runkle and the new kid. What a breath of fresh humor he (new kid) is. Stu can stay too.

Ya I liked Levon too. I enjoyed Imperioli & Graham's characters as well, but the writer's just did absolutely nothing compelling with them. The Santa Monica Cop storyline in general was fucking awful and I have no idea why they brought back Krull. Off the top of my head, the only episode this season that I thought was good at all was the dinner party episode (when Eddie Nero returns, in a wheelchair lol).

Ya I liked Levon too. I enjoyed Imperioli & Graham's characters as well, but the writer's just did absolutely nothing compelling with them. The Santa Monica Cop storyline in general was fucking awful and I have no idea why they brought back Krull. Off the top of my head, the only episode this season that I thought was good at all was the dinner party episode (when Eddie Nero returns, in a wheelchair lol).

I agree with all of this. With Californication it was never about the episodes for me. I just enjoyed bits and pieces of the storylines and the various characters. It makes me laugh to think about the fact that there are actual actors playing Charlie and Stu that read these scripts and then bring the most ridiculous stuff to life. Stu's f-doll was classic absurdity.

I'm so glad the show is over because, as pointed out, the writers couldn't seem to come up with much beyond recycling the same basic plot over and over. Is there anyone who watched every season and still wanted to see Hank and Karen get together? Well, maybe if that's what meant finally ending the series. :)

I tried to watch during the free Showtime weekend, and the characters and story really suck.

Stopped watching this show after Season Three. It hits far too close to home... And not in a good way.

Because Hank Moody is partly based on Bukowski?

No, that's just a coincidence... Or not, if you think about the type of person that would enjoy Bukowski Novels. I had never watched it until my Friends all started I had to watch this show that reminded them of me. But the first time I did, I was blown away. Especially at the fact that the main Charachter Hank was supposed to be loosely based off Chinaski.

Back