The economics of being a fighter - Paul Daley

a lot of sports are the same, the top few make mega bucks whilst the rest make ok money

Soccer would have the most players worldwide making really good money

The worst argument that I ever hear from people bitching about fighter pay is in regards to paying coaches and sparring partners. Why in the world are you not also making money coaching and working as a sparring partner?

The worst argument that I ever hear from people bitching about fighter pay is in regards to paying coaches and sparring partners. Why in the world are you not also making money coaching and working as a sparring partner?

If you're with bigger camps like Jackson or ATT, you probably don't need to bring in outside sparring partners.....you have top-level strikers or ground fighters in your gym to mimic an upcoming opponent. But I agree with you, most fighters would be foolish to durn down coaching or sparring. Especially if you're tall and rangy, you could (sort-of) mimic a guy like Jones or Gustafson. Or even if you don't have an upcoming fight, you could hold seminars open to the public.

At least Daley sees the need to build a stock portfolio and own rental properties to bring in money if he's injured or when he's done fighting.

Good for Daley

Rental properties are an awesome investment if done correctly

Back