The Dying Rooms - China's one child policy

so being an Atheist means you're an evil douchebag?

Also to the Christians, I was told all you have to do to be Christian is accept Christ as your lord and savior?

Is that not true?

According to Christianity you can be the greatest person on earth. But if you dont accept Jesus you go to hell.
You can murder and rape children and accept Jesus on your death bed....paradise for eternity.
<36>

Marxist Communism has never been implemented.

That What in the Flying FUCK was that nightmare state known as the USSR? They sure as hell claimed to be Marxist communists.. So what is the difference between Marxist communism and Soviet/USSR Communism? Whats the difference between Marxist communism and Chinese and North Korean communism?

India is going up isn't it?

Look at my post a few posts back of here. I tried to summarize it but India pretty much is where other developed countries are now with having about 2 kids per family. It is interesting because most peopel (including myself until recently) assumed they still had a very high birthrate today. They don't. Their population likely will stay steady like the US, Germany, etc and could possibly even decline depending on how they handle their borders and immigration.

_68183711_population_624.gif

ValidArmani's original post equated atheism/communism/abortions together. The data in the US does not support this theory. Christians get the most abortions in fact.

You replied with the No True Scotsman to a post where someone made the claim that Christians who engage in abortion are not practicing Christians.

Clearly this fallacy is out of place in this context because the tenets do not hinge on people's actions. You'd do better to accuse Christians of hypocrisy than to cite the aforementioned fallacy, in which case I wouldn't have taken issue with your post.

Look at my post a few posts back of here. I tried to summarize it but India pretty much is where other developed countries are now with having about 2 kids per family. It is interesting because most peopel (including myself until recently) assumed they still had a very high birthrate today. They don't. Their population likely will stay steady like the US, Germany, etc and could possibly even decline depending on how they handle their borders and immigration.

_68183711_population_624.gif
Wow. I thought they were on the up.

But even if it flatlines for the time being. So many people born into poverty means they still need to control it. Although they never will. Places like India will see huge death rates when water shortages and food shortages become more frequent in the future.

Wow. I thought they were on the up.

But even if it flatlines for the time being. So many people born into poverty means they still need to control it. Although they never will. Places like India will see huge death rates when water shortages and food shortages become more frequent in the future.

I did too and surveys have shown most people think its going up too. Our minds are still stuck in the 50s-60s where it was skyrocketing. That's the point I was making in the earlier post though. India already has flat lined. You may see India line is still going up and think that can't be. Watch this video at beginning at 23:30. It explains it better than I can in a visual (actually watch the whole video if you have time, its really awesome imo)

The point being made is poor countries have more children because of child mortality. As they become developed, families (on their own) have less children. This happens across the board with developed countries. The US and Germany actually have to rely on immigration in order to maintain their population size at his point. Population control really isn't necessary.

That What in the Flying FUCK was that nightmare state known as the USSR? They sure as hell claimed to be Marxist communists.. So what is the difference between Marxist communism and Soviet/USSR Communism? Whats the difference between Marxist communism and Chinese and North Korean communism?
Unless the resource controllers resign their power to the Proletariats that isn't communism. Marxist Communism shares resources AND power equally. The 2nd part has never been explored.

Communism in its forms in USSR, Cuba, and China was a framework for authoritarian dictators that control the resources, power and information though massive censorship. That's not Communism despite the name.

You replied with the No True Scotsman to a post where someone made the claim that Christians who engage in abortion are not practicing Christians.

Clearly this fallacy is out of place in this context because the tenets do not hinge on people's actions. You'd do better to accuse Christians of hypocrisy than to cite the aforementioned fallacy, in which case I wouldn't have taken issue with your post.
No. You have a fundamental misunderstanding of this fallacy.

If people self identify as Christians and get abortions they are indeed Christians. No tenants regarding abortion in the Christian faith exist.

Rich to have a Christian speak ill of atheist morality when the Bible has tons of horrible things in it, including their precious God committing global genocide because he thought humans (one species) behaved badly. That logically means that he thinks that genocide, slavery, etc are acceptable in some cases, since it's a clear part of the Christian holy text. Also eternal (not life long, actual eternity) torture is something that's apparently a justifiable punishment for not loving a certain guy. And the religious side of course have groups like ISIS among their ranks as well.

Furthermore the TS is willing to use the "no true x" fallacy, but only when it comes to his own kind. He of course won't extend the same courtesy to anyone else.

No. You have a fundamental misunderstanding of this fallacy.

If people self identify as Christians and get abortions they are indeed Christians. No tenants regarding abortion in the Christian faith exist.

I identify as an airplane, so it must be so. No True Scotsman if you disagree.

Checkmate.

I did too and surveys have shown most people think its going up too. Our minds are still stuck in the 50s-60s where it was skyrocketing. That's the point I was making in the earlier post though. India already has flat lined. You may see India line is still going up and think that can't be. Watch this video at beginning at 23:30. It explains it better than I can in a visual (actually watch the whole video if you have time, its really awesome imo)

The point being made is poor countries have more children because of child mortality. As they become developed, families (on their own) have less children. This happens across the board with developed countries. The US and Germany actually have to rely on immigration in order to maintain their population size at his point. Population control really isn't necessary.

Hans Rosling is amazing at educating people in these matters. I'd wager that most people don't even know that the child births in the world has actually stopped increasing and the only population increase we have globally is due to people in poorer countries getting better living standards and therefor living longer.

I identify as an airplane, so it must be so. No True Scotsman if you disagree.

Checkmate.

^Again, misunderstanding of the fallacy.

When someone discounts membership in a group because of behavior they judge in conflict THAT'S No True Scotsman, which is exactly what happened. Instead of saying, yeah Christians struggle with this issue also, he simply removed that discourse by asserting that a christian woman who gets an abortion is an impossibility.

^Again, misunderstanding of the fallacy.

When someone discounts membership in a group because of behavior they judge in conflict THAT'S No True Scotsman, which is exactly what happened. Instead of saying, yeah Christians struggle with this issue also, he simply removed that discourse by asserting that a christian woman who gets an abortion is an impossibility.

You're misunderstanding the fallacy. What you have here is a Russian, born in Russia, claiming to be a Scotsman, and you're arguing that he is absolutely a Scotsman because he claims it.

You've taken the fallacy and made it impossible to not be what you claim.

I'm an airplane. Prove me wrong.

Hans Rosling is amazing at educating people in these matters. I'd wager that most people don't even know that the child births in the world has actually stopped increasing and the only population increase we have globally is due to people in poorer countries getting better living standards and therefor living longer.

Yea. We were born in such a cool time to see the population spike and then flatline again. It's was such a small window.

China now has too many men because of those policies. Russia has too many women, the men drink themselves to an early grave.

Reckon Chinese-Russian mix would make attractive babies?

You're misunderstanding the fallacy. What you have here is a Russian, born in Russia, claiming to be a Scotsman, and you're arguing that he is absolutely a Scotsman because he claims it.

You've taken the fallacy and made it impossible to not be what you claim.
I'm an airplane. Prove me wrong.

Incorrect once again Canada. Go back to your "position in the church" you work for.

China now has too many men because of those policies. Russia has too many women, the men drink themselves to an early grave.

Reckon Chinese-Russian mix would make attractive babies?

I've dated a traditional Russian girl before, that is something you have to be prepared for. As far as the mixing goes, check out the Uzbeks.

Back