The Dying Rooms - China's one child policy

Whereas just look at the last 15 years and the amount of death caused the noble west using logic and reason. Millions dead.

Where is this example of mass death caused by.logic and reason?

Sure sounds like it was the very absence of logic and reason that lead to this mass apocalypse.

Unless you're trying to say anyone who isn't religious is automatically logical and reasonable. But then clearly you've failed to learn what certain words mean.

Wow....

You've said some of the stupidest, most uninformed and flat out idiotic things I've ever read on this forum.

There's no response to it other than laughter and befuddlement.

Religions don't lead to mass murder? Islam is the only religion taken seriously? Logic makes it easier to justify killing millions?

That trifecta of ignorance/near sarcasm hasn't been seen outside of Scyther's flat-earth threads.

blah blah blah you still aren't saying anything. You don't even know how to think and speak. See, you are a great example of why we can't rely on logic.

First, I admitted religions can go off the rails and even gave the example of Islam. But in the modern world it's far easier to just use logic. And yes, Islam is the only religion the can really be viewed as motivation for war. Nobody is quoting Jesus to start wars. Nobody is killing for Budda.

Where is this example of mass death caused by.logic and reason?

Sure sounds like it was the very absence of logic and reason that lead to this mass apocalypse.

Unless you're trying to say anyone who isn't religious is automatically logical and reasonable. But then clearly you've failed to learn what certain words mean.

Wow....

Wow, just more fallacies. You make up pretend arguments, then act like I said them. There's no need to continue this discussion.

Surely you are capable of distinguishing sinning in the heat of passion and consciously going against your religion's principles, right? Abortion isn't something that happens without volition since it doesn't take place in a split of a second while its doer is being affected by strong emotions. It's a heinous premeditated act, one which can never be remedied.

What if a woman in an emotional state quickly stabs herself in the abdomen killing the baby yet survives to regret it?

blah blah blah you still aren't saying anything. You don't even know how to think and speak. See, you are a great example of why we can't rely on logic.

First, I admitted religions can go off the rails and even gave the example of Islam. But in the modern world it's far easier to just use logic. And yes, Islam is the only religion the can really be viewed as motivation for war. Nobody is quoting Jesus to start wars. Nobody is killing for Budda.

They are YOUR words. You're painting this retarded picture where logic and religion can't overlap because logic itself is a belief system.

You can pretend the last 1000 years of death and horror from the 3 largest religions in the world is some time long forgotten, but it isn't. It's the very foundation of our society. If it wasn't for logic and reason it would be nothing BUT death and horror.

Wow, just more fallacies. You make up pretend arguments, then act like I said them. There's no need to continue this discussion.

Dude, you said every one of those things word for fucking word.

Backtrack all you want, saying "logic and reason cause more death than religions" isn't just stupid, it's factually incorrect.

I never made that claim.

Do you have a point other than rambling?

The data speaks for itself:
http://reverbpress.com/religion/abo...christians-according-stunning-survey-results/

abortion-17.jpg

My point is that abortion is not condoned by Christianity.

What is your point other than your transparent moaning against Christianity? As if it's a big surprise that a country that self-identifies as up to 80% Christian has mostly Christians engaging in stuff. Provocative. Next you'll tell us that in China, most abortions are performed by Chinese.

Don't contribute empty posts and then accuse those who call you out on it as doing the same, it makes you look petty.

That's sn abortion but not premeditated and thought out. It was done in haste without thought. Is she still christian?

Demographically, she is whatever she professes to be but mere proclamation doesn't carry great weight since it costs virtually nothing. Factually, things are much more complicated. Christianity advocates how nobody is beyond redemption as long as there's genuine remorse accompanied by mending of previous harmful ways by the virtue of not repeating them. However, whether she feels true regret about doing it or not is something only her and god may know.

Demographically, she is whatever she professes to be but mere proclamation doesn't carry great weight since it costs virtually nothing. Factually, things are much more complicated. Christianity advocates how nobody is beyond redemption as long as there's genuine remorse accompanied by mending of previous harmful ways by the virtue of not repeating them. However, whether she feels true regret about doing it or not is something only her and god may know.

So the only qualification for atonement is a sense of regret that can never be quantified?

If that woman lived in your community and was otherwise a great citizen, would you call her a christian? Even though you'll never know if she's actually regretful?

My point is that abortion is not condoned by Christianity.

What is your point other than your transparent moaning against Christianity? As if it's a big surprise that a country that self-identifies as up to 80% Christian has mostly Christians engaging in stuff. Provocative. Next you'll tell us that in China, most abortions are performed by Chinese.

Don't contribute empty posts and then accuse those who call you out on it as doing the same, it makes you look petty.

ValidArmani's original post equated atheism/communism/abortions together. The data in the US does not support this theory. Christians get the most abortions in fact.

You talk about millions of deaths from religion. I can talk about hundreds of millions of deaths with no religion involved.

That's not even an argument? Are you trying to say that religion not causing the death of the majority of humanity throughout history is proof that...religion is better than no religion? I'm not sure you understand how this "logic" thing that you speak so often of actually works.

Oh and just so you know this going forward: I will not allow you to sidestep a point that I've made. You will either rebut it properly, or I will continue to bring it up until you leave the discussion.

You stated the following: Sometimes it's logical to kill millions. Whereas religion won't let you go there.

I can list numerous wars alone where millions of deaths were caused by or in the name of religion (Thirty Years' War, Crusades, French Wars of Religion, Second Sudanese Civil War, Arab conquests). Do you deny that these events occurred, and if not, will you not then retract the above statement?

Quite acting like Atheist decision making is so grand and wise.

Well no, but just for shits and giggles, please cite examples of me doing this.

Then you can rebut the other points I made in that post instead of simply ignoring them.

You stated the following: Concepts like treat others how you want to be treated are thrown out the door.

I then provided an example from the Bible that not only contradicts the very concept of "treat others how you want to be treated" and I call upon you to prove that such concepts can't be practiced by the non-religious, which you infer in your above statement.

You also stated the following: The problem with Athiesm is that it relies on the whims of modern mans thoughts rather than ancient teachings past on for thousands of years.

I ask you again to tell me what makes "ancient teachings" inherently superior to modern thinking.

You aren't going to use the bible to push war.

See the above non-exhaustive list for examples of people using the Bible to push war.

In the long run every country will need a birth control policy. To suggest it's cruel to control birth rates in a country with 1.3 billion people running around is ignorant.

Oh and just so you know this going forward: I will not allow you to sidestep a point that I've made. You will either rebut it properly, or I will continue to bring it up until you leave the discussion.

I get douche chills just reading this.

I can list numerous wars alone where millions of deaths were caused by or in the name of religion (Thirty Years' War, Crusades, French Wars of Religion, Second Sudanese Civil War, Arab conquests). Do you deny that these events occurred, and if not, will you not then retract the above statement?

I already mentioned how my comment wasn't for the worst places in the world. You're right, in Sudan and the Dark ages, people use religion recklessly. What's even your point? When people are half starved and can't read they do stupid shit? Ok.

I then provided an example from the Bible that not only contradicts the very concept of "treat others how you want to be treated" and I call upon you to prove that such concepts can't be practiced by the non-religious, which you infer in your above statement.
I'm not talking about how every line in every text is perfect lol. How many Christians follow every line of the bible? Not one. How many look at the ten commandments? Millions upon millions. Just as not everyone follows every teaching of Budda. But core messages are passed down generation to generation. It acts as a general guideline.

I ask you again to tell me what makes "ancient teachings" inherently superior to modern thinking.

Because it's time tested. It keeps society operating when the rules are followed. Acting with kindness, charity, love. When the general outline is followed, progress happens. It's like evolution in a way. Why are humans built how we are? Because it tended be a pretty good model for survival. Why do certain teachings get passed on for thousands of years? Well, a lot of the time because it works. Now I wont say every aspect does, and most aspects that don't get tossed out.

So the only qualification for atonement is a sense of regret that can never be quantified?

If that woman lived in your community and was otherwise a great citizen, would you call her a christian? Even though you'll never know if she's actually regretful?

Look, Christianity as an ideal is unreachable because it's not rooted in reality. It asks us to deny literally everything that makes us human and not only partially, which is not only possible but also desirable, but completely. Being a human is in direct opposition to being a Christian. Due to these irreconcilable differences, all of its practitioners feel guilty and not worthy of the title. The only one who managed to overcome that barrier is Jesus, or more accurately - the representation of Jesus that has been spewed by his followers through the ages to this very day.

Having said all that, the only people whom I would dare deem Christian are those who give it their best to emulate Jesus' alleged virtues and life and these people are so rare that they probably aren't even worth mentioning. On the other hand, people who consciously break either his tenets or rules that can be logically derived from them most definitely do not qualify for said category.

Last edited:
In the long run every country will need a birth control policy. To suggest it's cruel to control birth rates in a country with 1.3 billion people running around is ignorant.

To not understand the projection of birthrates in the future may be just as ignorant.

I know I would not be happy with a one child policy, but I notice those like golden nirvana who are speaking in favor of it, have yet to talk in depth about some things mentioned. Namely the HIGH rate of FEMALE infanticide in China, and secondly, how this policy screws over people during emergencies. I remember a few years ago, a earthquake knocked down a school, killed hundreds of children. Many parents were outraged because, now they were kidless, and many were to old to have more. Thus ending their line and name. I found that fact to be sad and would love some discussion on it.

I already mentioned how my comment wasn't for the worst places in the world. You're right, in Sudan and the Dark ages, people use religion recklessly. What's even your point? When people are half starved and can't read they do stupid shit? Ok.

People have used religion recklessly since religion was invented, and they continue to do so to this day. There has never been a period in human history when they didn't. The fact that you think that your comment is valid, ya know, except for when it isn't, is hilarious. It's a stupid comment. It doesn't apply to this, or any reality. You do not get to pick and choose when it counts.

I'm not talking about how every line in every text is perfect lol.

lol!

- People should be religious.
- In order to be religious, you need to follow the religious texts.
- But not that part.
- ...or that one.
- Yeah follow this one because it fits modern society better.
- Oh yeah, and remember that ancient teaching is better than modern thinking!

You're insane.

Oh but I have an awesome piece of logic for you. Do you remember how you said that "Concepts like treat others how you want to be treated are thrown out the door." and I asked you to prove why that's the case and you ignored it again? Well if you actually think about it, since you can't be a True Christian if you don't follow the Bible, then logically you have to follow "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you", but also that whole thing about killing gays and other sinners. So unless you want to be stoned to death yourself, then I guess you're not allowed to follow that one huh? So I guess what I'm saying here is, Bible followers are in fact the ones that need to "throw it out the door", and we atheists are free to use it since we're not tied to your infallible (except when it isn't) religious text.

Because it's time tested. It keeps society operating when the rules are followed. Acting with kindness, charity, love. When the general outline is followed, progress happens. It's like evolution in a way. Why are humans built how we are? Because it tended be a pretty good model for survival. Why do certain teachings get passed on for thousands of years? Well, a lot of the time because it works. Now I wont say every aspect does, and most aspects that don't get tossed out.

Time tested? Are you referring to those heinous wars I was talking about earlier?

And are you even aware that this "progress" and "evolution" and "tossing out" that you're referring to is the very modern thinking that you're railing against?

"We need to keep the ancient teachings (but then completely change them whenever we finally realize they're horrible because non-religious people told us)."

Back