The dumbest thing about Inception

Haven't seen Edgar either. Gatsby is okay but probably his most forgettable movie I've seen.
Welcome to Baz Luhrmann being given big budgets to direct movies. Dude is a hack.

I own Inception on Blu-Ray but actually haven't watched it since it was in theaters. I mainly remember badly wanting to rail Ellen Page...

leo-dicaprio-ellen-page-inception-la-premiere-01.jpg

What a difference a decade makes...

ec1d571e90223013452473a2963adf1c

https://www.indiewire.com/2021/04/elliot-page-panic-attack-inception-1234634413/

<{dayum}>

At that time she's was the hipster princess only second to Zooey D if I remember right. What a different time.

I'll again point out that plenty of dudes would've taken Page over Coitillard when that movie came out.
I hardly remember her from Inception. Just noticed her now when I went to look up "Ellen Page Inception" and they took pics together and with Leonardo. Yeah, I was more into Ellen at the time...

But there is just one thing.....and it involves the subconscious characters or dream people who aren't real. The story states that they are elements of the SC that try to fight off intruders. this is one of the main elements the film fails to explain on any dodgy level.

So in the dream they have guns to fight these characters. I mean in a dream why would it matter if it's a gun or a donut that shoots sprinkles? Really it shouldn't matter because it's a dream. But whatever they use guns. Still not the biggest issue....
This matters as your SC is dictating the outcome. Even in a dream your SC would not think a donut shooting sprinkles would kill someone but in your dreams someone shooting a gun can.

To kill off your SC manifestations your SC needs something it believes would kill them off.

Same reason you would dream of killing someone with a gun and not a donut when it does not matter as it is all a dream.

Welcome to Baz Luhrmann being given big budgets to direct movies. Dude is a hack.

Honestly Gatsby is the only one I've seen of his. I forgot leo did a Romeo and Juliet movie though. And Moulon Rouge I only remember that song.

Honestly Gatsby is the only one I've seen of his. I forgot leo did a Romeo and Juliet movie though. And Moulon Rouge I only remember that song.
The movie "Australia" was legitimately trash.

This matters as your SC is dictating the outcome. Even in a dream your SC would not think a donut shooting sprinkles would kill someone but in your dreams someone shooting a gun can.

To kill off your SC manifestations your SC needs something it believes would kill them off.

Same reason you would dream of killing someone with a gun and not a donut when it does not matter as it is all a dream.

Interesting explanation. But I still think it gets a little undermined because at certain levels of the dream the dream is being dreamed by someone who knows it's a dream. So why couldn't the SC pick up on this and pick up on the intent of destroying a dream person by any means imaginable?

I guess maybe I just think the film could've been more creative than it was.

And how TF did Tom Hardy shapeshift or take the form of a SC rendering?

It's a film that you just need to accept for what it is and lose yourself in the experience. I get that. I was there in the theatres when it came out and I remember the sort of pop culture phenomenon it was. I still think it mostly holds up.

Whatever rules the film abides by...yeah fine. Whatever. Multiple people can share dreams, you can dream within a dream, you need someone to "architect" a dreamscape....okay sure maybe sorta dumb when you look at it but i can look past it.

But there is just one thing.....and it involves the subconscious characters or dream people who aren't real. The story states that they are elements of the SC that try to fight off intruders. this is one of the main elements the film fails to explain on any dodgy level.

So in the dream they have guns to fight these characters. I mean in a dream why would it matter if it's a gun or a donut that shoots sprinkles? Really it shouldn't matter because it's a dream. But whatever they use guns. Still not the biggest issue.

The biggest issue is when Joseph Gordon Levitt chokes one out.

I can suspend disbelief even for the gun usage in dreams. But how the fuck can you choke out a dream person. They are not real and do not have a real consciousness. In fact they don't even have a real circulatory system that can even be cut off. Actually I take back what I said before, shooting them is just as dumb.

Inception.
It’s a movie, man. A shitty movie.

I have some thoughts but I'd rather not overanalyze it. Movie was alright. A little overrated.

Back