The doctors were going to stop the fight leading into the 5th round due to Jones cut

Are you a doctor? What are you basing your opinion on?

He's probably seen a shitload more fights than any doctor.

Medical science ain't nuclear physics. It's fair to ask a second and third opinion in the medical profession, and you should note that John McCarthy wasn't shy about disagreeing with the doctor despite the fact that McCarthy has never practiced medicine. So give the guy a break.

I have no hate for Jon Jones personally but it's always interesting to watch massive weight cutters dominate smaller divisions then finally match up with someone their own size and get worked over.

Jones | Gustafsson
Silva | Weidman

I really dislike watching Jones and Silva dwarfing the majority of their competition. I wish weigh in was the afternoon of the fight.

I am lost as to who Silva has "dwarfed?" Out of all of his opponents in the UFC I would say the majority were bigger than he was.

Bigger: Bonnar, Sonnen, Okami, Vitor, Griffin, Irvin, Hendo, Nate

Same Size: Leben, Franklin, Leites, Weidman

Smaller: Lutter, Maia

I feel that Silva was the smaller, "weaker" person in the majority of his fights.

I am lost as to who Silva has "dwarfed?" Out of all of his opponents in the UFC I would say the majority were bigger than he was.

Bigger: Bonnar, Sonnen, Okami, Vitor, Griffin, Irvin, Hendo, Nate

Same Size: Leben, Franklin, Leites, Weidman

Smaller: Lutter, Maia

I feel that Silva was the smaller, "weaker" person in the majority of his fights.

please god, tell me you dont mean nate marquardt :/

I have no hate for Jon Jones personally but it's always interesting to watch massive weight cutters dominate smaller divisions then finally match up with someone their own size and get worked over.

Jones | Gustafsson
Silva | Weidman

I really dislike watching Jones and Silva dwarfing the majority of their competition. I wish weigh in was the afternoon of the fight.

Lol at the Silva reference. Dumb dumb dumb.

Forrest, Franklin, Bonnar?

Not sure if troll or...

Silva is definition of not a massive weight cutter. Fought at WW before moving up to MW and can still make WW or catch weight to fight GSP. Not only that, but moved up three times to face giant LHW's like Griffin, Bonnar and Irvin. Add to that he was the smaller fighter against Franklin (fights at LHW, much thicker), Lutter (missed weight, enough said), Dan Henderson (fights at LHW and has fought and beat HW's), Chael Sonnen (fights at LHW, roids, was bigger than Shogun), Vitor (fought, fights and was champ at LHW and Yushin Okami (huge MW).

Huh? Silva has admitted he comes in at fight time around 220, not walking around weight but fight weight. I believe he also said he could never make 170 to fight GSP at WW as he fought at WW at minimum over 9 years ago when he was 29, as you get older you tend to get bigger and can't cut as much.

As for your thoughts on "Bigger guys" Anderson has faced. Griffin, Bonnar and Irvin are decent size middleweights, but not huge in anyone's mind. Franklin was also smaller when he faced Anderson and is only thicker now that he went to LHW and trained for that weight. Lutter was fat and lazy and thats why he missed weight, not cause he was bigger, Fighting at LHW and HW doesn't make Henderson bigger, he's much shorter (He's stated on a good day he's 5'10 not the bullshit 6'1 the UFC says) and he doesn't cut a single pound to get to 205, many times he weighed in with clothing on and twice with a half gallon of water in his hand (meaning he really weight about 195 at most) As for Chael, he's around the same as Anderson and, which its shocking that a sherdog troll like yourself wouldn't know this, is doing HGH which is not even close to being the same as steroids.

I know Anderson fans are blind to 100% of facts, but continuing to perpetrate the Anderson is a normal size middle weight went out of style years ago, get over it.

Would have been a bad call if they did imo.

Crazy how the cut began from a glancing right hand that nearly didn't connect at all.

1.gif

But it did connect, also Gustafsson eye looked messed up due to the eye gouge, only an elbow landed clean for Jones.

If the doctor wanted to let it go it should be his call and slightly with the opinion of how Jon felt.

Big John on the other hand has no business dealing with medical matters. He is there to ref the fight, the doctor is there is deal with any medical issues. He shouldn't be petitioning for fighters to go on, its never been done before and with a fight this big its not good to start it, especially when there's already conspiracy theories that Dana and the UFC tell the judges how to judge the fights.

Yeah I'm curious as to why Big John was telling the doctor what to do. That's a major red flag and should never be happening.

He can advice the doctor what his call on the cut means in regards to the fight, but he shouldn't be actually telling a doctor what judgement to make in regards to the continuation of a fight. Not only is he not a doctor, but that opens up way too much chance for corruption to occur

Jones | Gustafsson
Silva | Weidman

this post shows you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about. it does not surprise me that idiotic sherdog posters like yourself continue to say this horseshit.

Jon Jones (LHW) 225lbs on fight night (so he gains 20 POUNDS)
Thiago Alves (WW) 205lbs on fight night (gains 35 pounds)
Johnny Hendricks (WW) 200lbs on fight night (gains 30 pounds)
Tieson Gleibau (LW) 180+ (coach said over 180 so gains min 25 pounds)
Uriah Faber (BW) 157lbs on fight night (gains 22 pounds)
Henan Barao (BW) 160lbson fight night (gains 25 pounds)

all these fighters cut more weight than Jon Jones..... i didn't even bother to show results from MW or LHW because most cut as much if not more.

Yeah I'm curious as to why Big John was telling the doctor what to do. That's a major red flag and should never be happening.

He can advice the doctor what his call on the cut means in regards to the fight, but he shouldn't be actually telling a doctor what judgement to make in regards to the continuation of a fight.

he wasn't telling the doctor what to do, he just gave his opinion. the doctor could have stopped it if he felt the cut was bad enough no matter what the REF says.

this post shows you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about. it does not surprise me that idiotic sherdog posters like yourself continue to say this horseshit.

Jon Jones (LHW) 225lbs on fight night (so he gains 20 POUNDS)
Thiago Alves (WW) 205lbs on fight night (gains 35 pounds)
Johnny Hendricks (WW) 200lbs on fight night (gains 30 pounds)
Tieson Gleibau (LW) 180+ (coach said over 180 so gains min 25 pounds)
Uriah Faber (BW) 157lbs on fight night (gains 22 pounds)
Henan Barao (BW) 160lbson fight night (gains 25 pounds)

all these fighters cut more weight than Jon Jones..... i didn't even bother to show results from MW or LHW because most cut as much if not more.

Jon Jones is 230 to 235 come fight night

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/4/20/2...145-title-fight-rashad-evans-greg-jackson-mma

He hasn't been 215 - 220 since he fought Bonnar.

jon-jones-and-junior-dos-santos-friends.jpg

Jon-Jones-and-Andrei-Arlovski1.jpg

Keep in mind these are not recent and JJ has said he's still gaining weight.

Back