The Dive Bar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just woke up from a killer nap. About to make some tilapia and asparagus with hollandaise sauce. Going to shoot pool afterwards and then watch the fights.

I have a program in mind but I'm not sure if it's a good idea. I'm thinking that it's not because it doesn't have ANY high intensity pulling although it would have plenty of moderate and low intensity pulling.

Basically it would be a 4 day routine split between squat and bench with almost all of the assistance being pulling to compensate for the lack of heavy deads and the inordinate amount of focus on pushing and squatting. Something like:

Day 1
ME squat
rows
hypers
facepulls

Day 2
ME bench
rows
hypers
facepulls

Day 3
RE squat (maybe 20 rep or BBB)
rows
hypers
facepulls

Day 4
RE bench
rows
hypers
facepulls

There could be some adjusting in the main lifts (DE instead of RE on the volume day or maybe just lower the intensity but do the same set/rep scheme or lower the intensity and up the sets, etc) and more variation in the assistance (alternate cleans and rows, incorporate moderate intensity deads, throws in chins some days, etc.) but this would be the basic layouts. And this could just be a short term thing to almost overtrain those 2 lifts and then deload. Do a one week deload every month or so.

Thoughts?

What's your past experience with ME workouts? What happened to wanting to work on the clean and press?

I think the real question is: How will you respond to ME work? It works for some people, but not so much for others. What lifts will you use for ME work?

Also, a bit more variety in assistance work. How about cleans instead of rows on the days you bench, and including other PC exercises instead of just hypers?

What's your past experience with ME workouts? What happened to wanting to work on the clean and press?

I think the real question is: How will you respond to ME work? It works for some people, but not so much for others. What lifts will you use for ME work?

Also, a bit more variety in assistance work. How about cleans instead of rows on the days you bench, and including other PC exercises instead of just hypers?

When I use the term ME, I'm really just bastardizing it to mean 3x3 or 3x5 or 5x5. High intensity, low to moderate volume. I don't mean the Westside definition. I suppose I need another term for what I'm referring to. Regardless, my motivation behind this theory is that my bench and squat seem to be going the best lately. I do want to get better at cleans and presses and deads; I'm just not sure what my most immediate goals are: focusing on my lifts that are progressing the best and trying to maximize them or focusing on my weakest lifts and trying to bring them up or some mixture of both.

When I use the term ME, I'm really just bastardizing it to mean 3x3 or 3x5 or 5x5. High intensity, low to moderate volume. I don't mean the Westside definition. I suppose I need another term for what I'm referring to. Regardless, my motivation behind this theory is that my bench and squat seem to be going the best lately. I do want to get better at cleans and presses and deads; I'm just not sure what my most immediate goals are: focusing on my lifts that are progressing the best and trying to maximize them or focusing on my weakest lifts and trying to bring them up or some mixture of both.

By 3x3, 3x5, or 5x5 do you mean ramping sets or sets across? Although either could work.

And typically you benefit the most by doing the stuff you're weakest at. But I think if you work the assistance hard, and work power cleans on bench days, it would be pretty well rounded routine.

Thanks for all that Tosa. I'm going to juggle all these options that we've talked about and come up with something soon. But if my Christy 5-3-1 keeps working, I'm good with it for a while.

1.25 lbs of sirloin steak, red sweet potato, some broccoli and cauliflower

Im looking good so far.

WAR GOMI WAR ELLENBURGER.

who else got those pics?

Thanks for all that Tosa. I'm going to juggle all these options that we've talked about and come up with something soon. But if my Christy 5-3-1 keeps working, I'm good with it for a while.

1.25 lbs of sirloin steak, red sweet potato, some broccoli and cauliflower

1.25 lbs of steak? How many lbs/oz of meat do you aim for in a day? What is your body weight? (I am asking because I am curious, not because I am trying to judge).

I'm around 187-190 but looking to get to 200 at my own pace. I don't really count the lbs or ounces of meat. I try to get a good amount of carbs whether through fruit, veggies, bread, milk, etc. and at least 20 g of protein whether meat, milk, eggs, peanuts, almonds, peanut butter, whey, yogurt, cottage cheese, etc. for every meal. Lately, I've switched to mostly steak and burgers away from chicken and tuna.

2 hot link sandwiches, 2 bbq chicken sandwiches, 2 glasses of Jack.

Is this going to be the new S&C diet log?

If so:

Some chips with crab dip, fried calamari, a little broccoli, like 5-6 jumbo fried shrimp, a flounder fillet, some clam strips, some fried scallops, and a cheese biscuit. I went to Red Lobster post-workout for a family birthday and tore that shit up.

Part of the pub was listing meals and drinks if you had nothing else to say or if it was one of your first posts.

dive_front_night.jpg

art_divebar_01.preview.jpg

So, that metric system... the real deal, huh?

I had 2 skinless chicken breasts, big handfuls of spinach, and 3 beers. I could feel my stomach's brows furrow.

pub gone? what the fuck

You're in the pub mate. The old one got demolished due to low traffic and misunderstandings with the authorities. So drink up, remember the old days and look forward to whatever misfortunes that lay ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back