The Dive Bar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I'm glad I don't have 7500 posts then, I would have to tie another knot in it so it doesn't drag on the ground if that happened.

Srs note, I see Jones going places. He's a good fighter and has a lot of character. Hopefully it's not the inconsistencies of his opponents that is allowing him to win as Oblivian mentioned.

I'm excited for UFC 119. It's my first UFC I'll be attending. I've said from the get-go that I see Bader going places. I think he's going to put the stamp on Lil Nog. I'd like to see Bader vs. Jones after that.

Maybe this new psuedo-pub will make it past 100 posts before the lock.

*crosses fingers*

Question:

Would this

images

be an acceptable av?

If I made it av size, that is.

Why not just put it in your pocket and carry it around as a stamp of awesomeness in real life?

Looks like a wallet to me!

Why not just put it in your pocket and carry it around as a stamp of awesomeness in real life?

Good idea. He could walk around from town to town and get in adventures like that guy in the t.v. show Kung Fu.

So this thread is still alive....barely.

Congrats! I have 4 nephews and 2 nieces. It's a fun time.

Yeah we're all very excited. It's the first baby between all the cousins in my family that are in Ontario so my parents and all my aunts and uncles are thrilled.

Wait until you have 6 of them. It seems like there are always birthdays. My annual birthday budget has tripled over the last few years.

lol at Louis CK.

My sister is older than me so I kept telling her she had to have the first baby so I can use hers as practice and to decide if I really want kids. She was discussing going through labour with my fiance and I think she might have scared my fiance into considering adoption, heh.

lol at Louis CK.

My sister is older than me so I kept telling her she had to have the first baby so I can use hers as practice and to decide if I really want kids. She was discussing going through labour with my fiance and I think she might have scared my fiance into considering adoption, heh.

Actually, I believe that adoption is a very nice move. For some (i.e., stupid) reason, I feel that it would be easier for me to be friends with an adopted child, rather than be a parent who feels like he "owns" their children and want them to always do as they say. I don't think I would love a kid that I raised since it was a baby any less if it were not my biological child either.

[/seriousnessnsnn]

Actually, I believe that adoption is a very nice move. For some (i.e., stupid) reason, I feel that it would be easier for me to be friends with an adopted child, rather than be a parent who feels like he "owns" their children and want them to always do as they say. I don't think I would love a kid that I raised since it was a baby any less if it were not my biological child either.

[/seriousnessnsnn]

You don't want to plant your seed like you are planting a flag on the moon?

If you adopt a child who's in the care of the government, there's a good chance of all kinds of issues, which may, or may not have been diagnosed. For example, FAS is pretty common, and if you adopt a child who's older, there can be all kinds of psychological issues as well. If you adopt a child from some other organization, it costs a lot more than with the government, but the likelihood of a child with severe issues is less.

Ya, it's on Versus which is cool, but it's on Sunday night which is not cool.

lol you probably have work. I have the summer, so i can stay up all night watching it. Sorry bro that you have to work. O well, just get through monday on im guessing like 5 hours of sleep.

You don't want to plant your seed like you are planting a flag on the moon?

While my urges do tell me to fuck as many hot girls as possible, they don't actually tell me to impregnate them! The only "urges" that tell me to do that, actually come from the outside (a.k.a. social norm and social pressure).

That is not to say I am against people having kids! I just want to separate a conscious decision from social imitation (choosing to have a kid because you consciously want to, as opposed to because everyone does so and everyone expects it from you).

It is kind of similar to young girls (or guys) saying "I want to get married" and hoping they meet "the right one". "Wanting to get married" without first having met the person you want to marry doesn't make sense! It is closer to a form of social mimeticism rather than an actual conscious desire.

Last edited:
I think a lot of people walking this world are "accidents".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back