The disrespect fighters get from fans is ridiculous

Stillmyboy1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I will never understand why people hate on Conor so much. The guy never backs down from a fight. He isn't a boring fighter, he is exciting to watch and will fight anyone. Yet people call him a pussy and a bitch on facebook and other social media all the time. You don't have to like the guy but people should know their place.

Same with Mark Hunt. I'm reading the comments on some of Mark Hunts facebook posts and some of them are appalling. How anyone could talk down to a legend of the sport like that is unreal. I don't agree with him complaining about the whole Brock situation. But people commenting and calling him a bitch on his Facebook is just not right.

You don't see this shit happen in other sports. MMA fans are the worst

Oh god.. how many more whitebelt accounts are we going to get crying about their ladylove

WWE fans have more respect for their actors than mma fans have for fighters.

conor talked a fuckload of shit and his fans were the worst idiots on the site, that's why

I will never understand why people hate on Conor so much. The guy never backs down from a fight. He isn't a boring fighter, he is exciting to watch and will fight anyone. Yet people call him a pussy and a bitch on facebook and other social media all the time. You don't have to like the guy but people should know their place.

Same with Mark Hunt. I'm reading the comments on some of Mark Hunts facebook posts and some of them are appalling. How anyone could talk down to a legend of the sport like that is unreal. I don't agree with him complaining about the whole Brock situation. But people commenting and calling him a bitch on his Facebook is just not right.

I never get why fans are still shocked that it happens. It has been happening since the dawn of combat sports. You can bet when some gladiator was scheduled to fight a lion people were like, "Him? He barely even beat the bear last time. His technique is meh."

Andre Ward said it best in a recent interview:

"Never develop a craving for the cheers of fans. They feed you one night and leave you starving the next."

You don't see this shit happen in other sports.

maxresdefault.jpg

I never get why fans are still shocked that it happens. It has been happening since the dawn of combat sports. You can bet when some gladiator was scheduled to fight a lion people were like, "Him? He barely even beat the bear last time. His technique is meh."

Andre Ward said it best in a recent interview:

"Never develop a craving for the cheers of fans. They feed you one night and leave you starving the next."
loved the gladiator analogy, that probably totally happened

As far as Conor is concerned:

When you start INSULTING people for making less money you, when your fanbase isnt filled with millionaires, you are going to piss people off and get hated on.

It's simple. That's what turned me off to him, and started me thinking that the guy is a piece of shit. Talk all the shit you want, keep it funny, insult people, but start calling people "bums" for trying to make a living and feed their family, that's where it goes from fun and entertaining to something completely different.

2lw59ub.jpg

Like the guy above said, if you're disrespectful, people will hate on you.
Also, a good part of McGregor's fame is because he's hated too - tons of people watch his fights hoping he gets his ass kicked.

The entire game of promotion is to make people emotionally invested in the fights and fighters.
Love or hate.

As far as Conor is concerned:

When you start INSULTING people for making less money you, when your fanbase isnt filled with millionaires, you are going to piss people off and get hated on.

It's simple. That's what turned me off to him, and started me thinking that the guy is a piece of shit. Talk all the shit you want, keep it funny, insult people, but start calling people "bums" for trying to make a living and feed their family, that's where it goes from fun and entertaining to something completely different.
Fair enough if you don't like him. I'm more talking about when people call him a bitch or a pussy when they probably have never had a fight in their life.

I see this in other sports all the time. Go watcha soccer game at a stadium and see how many times each player is cursed in 5 minutes.

Conor does everything he can to make half the fans love him and half the fans hate him. It is a great financial strategy.

The better question is why do people hate DC? That's more interesting to me.

You don't see this shit happen in other sports.

maxresdefault.jpg
Too perfect! I'm convinced MMA fans are almost exclusively autistic 15yo. who have never followed another sport. Shit happens! Sports fans are hard on winners and death on losers. It's all part of the fun

Fair enough if you don't like him. I'm more talking about when people call him a bitch or a pussy when they probably have never had a fight in their life.

Ask all the Conor fans that were calling JOEZAY a pussy, they might be able to help you understand.

When you want to offend people you do that.

People call other straight dudes ':eek::eek::eek:s'.
People call normal girls 'whores.
Girl will tell everyone about a guy who fucked her for years that he has a tiny dick just to offend him

They call Mcgregor, a guy so proud of being a star and a badass, a pussy, just to bother him.
Nobody truly thinks he's a pussy.

Its probably more hate toward his fans. Calling him mcgregoat early on in his run. When it looked as if he was being protected by the ufc. I like his fights. And his fight promotion. But his fans (the annoying ones) wore on me. Hes kinda like mayweather in a sense that i wanted to see him lose just to get humbled. Dudes a stud and brings it tho.

Back