The Disco Biscuits

Gorack

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Are streaming their 3 shows this weekend for free. Not sure if there's many fans here but here's a link for tonight which starts around 8:30 MT. If you haven't heard them, they combine electronica and jam music and are usually a whole lot of fun.

My friend used to blast them in his car, 15-17 years ago or so. It was a different time. Brings back memories. Peace.

Thanks for the heads up. Its been a while.

Yeah, I fell away from following them years ago but the past couple of years their live broadcasts like this have made me want to maybe see them again.

They're taking forever to start...

Last night of the run. Doubt I'll be up for much of it tonight.

If Barber stays on point like this I may be up for more than I thought.

Last edited:
City boy's out of his mind again...

Missed last night but tonight and tomorrow's shows are being streamed for free.

Did you catch any of it, Jacksonfire? Great show, wish I had made the effort to go. Definitely seeing these guys again soon. It's been too long and they are soooo on point now.

Did you catch any of it, Jacksonfire? Great show, wish I had made the effort to go. Definitely seeing these guys again soon. It's been too long and they are soooo on point now.
I did not. I missed out. I spent the evening at a friends house watching a Leftover Salmon show. He booked them to play on a riverboat this October and I cannot wait.

I did not. I missed out. I spent the evening at a friends house watching a Leftover Salmon show. He booked them to play on a riverboat this October and I cannot wait.

That's awesome, those guys are a ton of fun! I've seen a few Salmon shows going back to like 99 or so but I remember (kinda remember anyway) some really psychedelic jamgrass that I don't think anyone else has replicated. Though Greensky Bluegrass has a similar appeal I think...not being a huge Bluegrass fan in general though myself. But, those two bands put an extra twist on the twang that make it worth listening to.

That's awesome, those guys are a ton of fun! I've seen a few Salmon shows going back to like 99 or so but I remember (kinda remember anyway) some really psychedelic jamgrass that I don't think anyone else has replicated. Though Greensky Bluegrass has a similar appeal I think...not being a huge Bluegrass fan in general though myself. But, those two bands put an extra twist on the twang that make it worth listening to.
Man, I used to hate Bluegrass, My uncles had a band, my dad would sing. Our family vacations were travailing around to Bluegrass festivals and I wasn't having it, lol. But as I got older really I came to appreciate the musicianship involved. Its not that far off from the speed metal I was into at the time. As with all music, there is some good stuff out there. Garcia/Grisam for instance.

This riverboat that my friend has booked is an old paddle wheel boat that John Hartford used to pilot. My uncle Russ was the a pilot few years later. Really looking forward to it.

Last edited:
I mean,

I think Jerry absolutely loved playing with David Grisman. Took him back to his jug band days.

And here's some Bluegrass/Speed metal or "Thrashgrass". I had the pleasure of shooting these guys a few years back. Honestly, some of the most personable musicians I've worked with.

I still can only take most Bluegrass in limited doses. I saw Greensky on Dec 29th in Chicago and it just didn't live up to my expectations based on what I've heard from them on JamOn. My friends that are into them were saying it was a mellow show for them so I'll likely give them another chance.

But yeah, that Garcia/Grisman stuff I can listen to any time.

Camp Bisco is streaming live tonight, tomorrow and Saturday

Tonight

Tonight

Last edited:
Back