The Difference Between Jouban and Perry

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by metalkick, Dec 20, 2016.

1. metalkick

metalkick White Belt

Before the fight, I watched a video of Alan stating that Mike annoyed Alan with tweets at the end of the day when Alan wanted to spend that time with his family. But Alan remained calm and focused on his own business. He was training hard, teaching kickboxing to kids and being a good husband and dad. From the start to end, Alan Jouban clearly displayed a superior composure and class.

Meanwhile, during the fight promotion, I felt that Perry was getting ready for a tweet war instead of actual octagon fight. If Perry wasn't tweet nasty things, he was trash-talking Jouban. Perry's remarks were so horrible to the point of embarrassment. I knew he had a low self-esteem but didn't expect this low. Even his girlfriend was laughing at Jouban's face and made disrespectful jokes. Perry's team needs to understand that there are ways to do "hype" the fight but what they did was utter disrespectful.

In the octagon, Jouban completely controlled and outclassed Perry with skills and techniques. There was nothing Perry can do against Jouban. Nothing. After all that trash talking, I expected from Perry to deliever at least an ounce of what he said. Starting from the 2nd round, it seemed Perry just gave up the bout. Perry didn't do anything. All Perry did was getting hit on the body and head. Perry even got taken down to a guy who never went for takedowns before. Must be extremely embarrassing for Perry.

The post-fight interview shined on Jouban completely. He showed utmost class and from the interview, I bet he won many new fans too. He wasn't hyper or arrogant about his big victory. He said what he wanted to convey to the audience without offending anyone. He seemed just a nice guy, period. Jouban represents positive energy which made him bigger and more popular. Alan now has brighter future to be excited about.

For Mike? I think he needs to be matured but it's hopeless. People rarely change. He is an ex-convict with a criminal record. Some people might say he did serve his time for this transgression but you know what? Most of average people do NOT commit a crime even during their difficult times. This kind of dark characteristic is ingrained in his nature. Mike started his "2nd chance" new career with that stupid handshake stint, racist remarks from the corner, vile statements that provoke the public. This is why so many people hate him. This much hate will catch up to Mike and affect his life negatively. He soon will be release from the UFC and forgotten in MMA world.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
    ookii, Swarthy, Air Lats and 5 others like this.
  2. zxyss25

zxyss25 Brown Belt

One got a W on Saturday

The other one got a L

Perrys corner after Saturday

[​IMG]

3. Bull Terrier

Bull Terrier Brown Belt

One is cool and the other is a bit of a prick.

Air Lats, Teh_Lulz7 and ShadowOfDeath like this.
  4. *Z*

*Z* Brown Belt

One has skill and the other is a face first slow plodding brawler.

carrythezero, Yum, Air Lats and 2 others like this.
  5. 20falarVerdades

20falarVerdades Red Belt

Perry came to KILL, Jouban to play point fighitng

phunky likes this.
  6. Arm Barbarian

Arm Barbarian Titanium Belt Platinum Member

Talking doesn't win fights, fighting does.

Perry went up to the next level of skill, and the tough-man boxing style did not prevail.

Hopefully he learns from it, tones down the crayzay, and sharpens his game up.

Dangerous Dave and Air Lats like this.
  7. zxyss25

zxyss25 Brown Belt

One makes out with attractive models on Calvin Klein ads

The other has Tear Drop Tattoos and faps a lot

8. hardcoreBE

hardcoreBE USFC Champion

This.

Anyone who thought Perry would easily win vs Jouban was either trolling or just started watching MMA 1 year ago.

Perry has that power so you can never count him out. But skillwise he showed in the Roberts fights he still has a long way to go and you could see he wasn't on the level that Jouban is. And I don't think Jouban will ever crack top 5.

Air Lats and Arm Barbarian like this.
  9. Maroli

Maroli Brown Belt

Yes, moving clumsily towards your opponent while throwing wild punches sure makes you deserve the win. Maybe after winning the UFC title, Perry can capture the ultimate prize; the top spot at your local 'so you think you can fight' tournament.

10. LOLAinsleyHarriott

LOLAinsleyHarriott Stirring the Pot.

This is an Internet forum. We're all just here recuperating until we're ready to fap again.

Aren't we?

Air Lats and wandshocop like this.
  11. 120wrestling

120wrestling Brown Belt

Lol I've never seen so many sad virgins in one thread, happy that someone lost. Perry is probably a manifestation of the guy who bullied you pussies in school.

Stop hating on alpha's, the kid is going to go far and farther than Jouban. He's 10 years younger and shows a lot of promise. Bet ya if 25 year old Jouban was in the cage last night he'd have been sleeping.

12. 120wrestling

120wrestling Brown Belt

Comments like this just ooze jealousy and desperation.

13. hardcoreBE

hardcoreBE USFC Champion

Dumbest thing I read on sherdog today, congrats sir.

I 'bet ya' if 13 year old Holloway was in the cage with Pettis he'd have been sleeping.

There are so many fighters coming to the UFC who have finished all their opponents before, knock out 1 or 2 low level guys in the UFC and then they get someone that's in the middle of the roster and they lose badly. After that they refocus and go on a tear, or they don't learn anything and slip back from where they came from. Since Perry is only 25 I truly hope he'll learn for this loss, go to a better camp and start developping his skills more. A black belt in deez hands boi just doesn't cut if you want to make it further in the UFC.

Cooliox and BloodBonesNButter like this.
  14. chinarice

chinarice Gold Belt

If that is the case, why was Jouban closer to killing Perry than Perry was Jouban?

In order to "come to kill", you may want to.... you know.... try hitting the guy....

The "point fighter" did significantly more damage than the "kill fighter".

15. phd

phd Brown Belt

16. 120wrestling

120wrestling Brown Belt

It's not, people are acting like Perry is a 34 year old who lost and is done. He's at a very young stage in his career while Jouban is 35...Jouban has maybe 2-3 years left while Perry has 10-13. With the promise shown by Perry, he's proven that he'll be a top 5-10 guy within 3 years. I simply highlighted the fact that Jouban was nowhere near Perry's potential when he was at the same age, so it's not fair to say Perry is done all of a sudden.

Jehannum likes this.
  17. hardcoreBE

hardcoreBE USFC Champion

I was still editing my post. I agree to some extend. And damn Jouban is 35 already??? Did not know that.

With Perry's style he won't make it 10 year though.. Unless he learns some striking defense.

18. 120wrestling

120wrestling Brown Belt

Yeah, dude is in his prime but WW is volatile and guys can age overnight. He;s already older than GSP, Hendricks, Lawler, and Woodley...so his time is coming to a close soon. I wasn't surprised that a scrappy vet beat Perry.

19. Thy

Thy Red Belt

The difference was simply fight IQ and skill level.

20. Guernica

Guernica Double Yellow Belt Banned

All the hespect in the world to michael, he served the platinum army with distinction but we must now turn to Alan, Platinum, Jouban!
    He not only defeated the reigning Platinum GOAT and captured the Platinum belt but he's is a DAMN model![​IMG]
    War Platty-Jo!

#GUERNICAbless