The difference between a great referee and a bum referee

Keith Peterson, Jason Herzog, Marc Goddard. Some of the younger guys need to get their due. I don't see these guys fucking up as often as Herb and John do.
I agree 100%, those guys rarely mess up and always look engaged. Yamasaki is probably the worst active ref and Mccarthy is one of the refs who helps Romero get away with cheating

Mccarthy is one of the refs who helps Romero get away with cheating

Good point. It looked like he was barking at Yoel to stay on the stool until his team cleaned up the ice. It was a total shit show by all parties involved.

None of you nerds are qualified to judge referees. None of you have been in a fight or know the lines or limits. Just keep parroting things you hear from commentary.

True, but those three have reffed a shitload of fights by now. Yet people still act like they're noobs. I bet they've done more televised fights by now than Big John or Herb or any of the Old Guard had done circa 2010. John and Herb are sort of like the Founding Fathers of America. They're Great, but mostly because they were there first.
Goddard is very good, but Keith Peterson has had the odd late stoppage.

I'm not too harsh on these referees unless they are making glaring mistakes like Mazzagatti.

Back