1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

The Diaz bros??

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by wolfss, Sep 26, 2021.

1. wolfss Brown Belt

How did we buy into the hype? I was sure that nick would slap Lawler around. But how do we keep buying into the hype if both are horrible. Nick hadn’t fought in 5 years. And Nate has a 50/50 win/loss record. Good fighters don’t have shite records. What’s the deal???

2. DoubleTrouble Yellow Belt

Grossly overrated for years and self entitled weirdo's the both of them.

GBJohn, garwoc, Harlekin and 3 others like this.
  3. The Bloody Nine Purple Belt

Stop saying "we".

4. BigGucci Green Belt

It's crazy that people actually thought he beat lawler legit the first time. He just got lucky and now we get to see the real result where he submits via terror, too shook to continue.

smalliebiggs and Foghorn Leghorn like this.
  5. Kos Fan Brown Belt

Pretty much anyone with a brain thought Robbie would win, same with Leon over Nate.

m249viking, Harlekin and Zorro like this.
  6. Titleboxe Brown Belt

Yes, we bought into the hype, but in hindsight, and looking at his record we can clearly see that his last fight that he took seriously was in 2013. He came back two years later in 2015 for a paycheck vs. Silva and then 6 years later for Lawler. Nick is still an OG who the crowd loves, but in reality he has been done since 2013. He won't be back, but will live on as a true real badass in the game.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
  7. Substance Abuse Beer Snob Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

So we buy into the hype that these guys usually throw down, tend to get into wars and are in exciting fights historically win or lose?

That's not hype. That's facts.

8. Rebelfett P4P Worst Mod on Sherdog Staff Member Senior Moderator

Let's be careful about how we word our posts, please. Fighter bashing will not be tolerated. Just an advanced warning. Please enjoy the rest of your day. Thank you
    Rebelfett

9. Glove Black Belt

You are the problem that is terribly obvious with certain MMA fans in this country.

You're grossly ignorant.

SakurabasEar, EmEmEh? and SL1200 like this.
  10. Sensee Purple Belt

I'm happy Robbie won but sad that Nick lost. It's like when Chuck fought Franklin.
    <Fedor23>

11. Nuclear Fallout Green Belt

The thing with the Diaz brothers is, they have the potential to beat everyone. But the ones they can't beat are themselves. When they are on they're game, no one touches them. But when they get inside of their own heads, it's game over.

mixmastermo, BertStayre and wolfss like this.
  12. bogeyj Orange Belt

[​IMG]

13. BFoe Gold Belt Platinum Member

They’re not horrible by any stretch, and Nick didn’t even look horrible last night. I swear fucking MMA fans are the worst. There was a lot to enjoy about the Nick-Robbie fight, and we should be grateful that Nick stepped in there to throw down one more time. Instead Sherdog is filled with dumpworthy threads trashing a legend. o_O

14. Viking Power Red Belt

Is this new? Mods haven’t been enforcing the fighter bashing rule in years. If you’re starting again, thank you.

15. AB234 Blue Belt

They behave like people who have no conscious awareness and remind us how we used to be. The dream is that the world would be a perfect place if only everyone was that way. R.I.P. childhood innocence.

16. smalliebiggs Blue Belt

speak for yourself you dumb casual. i never bought the hype

mixmastermo likes this.
  17. BertStayre Blue Belt

I'm fucking glad. I made a comment in s thread earlier like yo guys this is like the biggest mma site besides Reddit. You know damn well every fighter checks that after a fight and this guy has been the toughest guy in there since almost the early days and you're all shitting on him for taking two HARD nukes from Robbie Lawler of all people. Like if you never got punched in the head before that would have put anybody down. Knock it the fuck off and respect that man

Viking Power likes this.
  18. Bojka Brown Belt

I never did tbh. I couldn't believe his odds were so close to Robbie's. Was probably the best betting odds I've seen in 5 years.

Nick is in some kind of weird spot these days. His extra-low sideburn fade says it all really. No idea wtf is up with that choice of haircut.

mixmastermo likes this.
  19. Rebelfett P4P Worst Mod on Sherdog Staff Member Senior Moderator

We cannot read every thread. The staff does there best but there will be posts that "fall through the cracks". All we can do is our best. But the no fighter bashing rule has never gone away

Viking Power and BertStayre like this.
  20. BertStayre Blue Belt

I know you can only do so much but that rule has been reaaaaaly relaxed for a long time. I think I've been here since 08? i lurked for a long time. Right around 10 is when i noticed it. There has to be fighters that post on here under a whatever name and they don't need to see that. They used to post on here and everybody couldn't shut their mouth so they all stopped. I'm glad someone is trying to be on top of it

accolyte1022 and Rebelfett like this.