The development of Ronda's hands

Boy Fights

White Belt
Reaction score
I think this is a fantastic thing because, as much as I like seeing her grapple, I'd rather see her box.

her striking still has a lot of holes

it just looks awkward as hell if she ever fights someone who knows how to use angles it isn't going to be pretty

Lol she knocked out an awkward plodding Correa and that soccer mom whos husband was her coach...

Its not like shes out there out there trading with established strikers... now that I think of it are there even any in women's BW... Holly perhaps?

Lol she knocked out an awkward plodding Correa and that soccer mom whos husband was her coach...

Its not like shes out there out there trading with established strikers... now that I think of it are there even any in women's BW... Holly perhaps?

Ronda has more KO's than Cyborg

It kind of looks like she has a hard time translating the judo footwork to striking footwork. In the situations where she's almost in the clinch, without having proper grips, her footwork was a bit awkward.

I saw her do a high kick during some interview and she's got great flexibility. It's a pity she's working so much on her boxing as opposed to kickboxing. I wonder if she will ever try to land any kicks to the body or head before she retires. She's trying to be the perfect fighter, but she's leaving out a huge part of the MMA arsenal. Which I understand, but it'd be cool to see her kick a bit.

The most important question to me is: will she now have enough confidence in her hands that she doesn't try to rush into the clinch at any cost, even if it means eating punches on the way in. Will she learn to get the clinch naturally and organically, as opposed to stretching her arms out to grab her opponent from afar.

as much as I like seeing her grapple, I'd rather see her box.

1443.gif

I'm still not fully decided on Rousey's footwork. Straight boxing footwork isn't the same kind of footwork you would use when you're looking for good clinch positioning and balance for Judo throws.

It makes me wonder whether they're looking for some kind of hybrid footwork ala wrestlers who strike.

Hard to judge off of 34s, 16s and 14s. We really need to see a lot more footage.

TKOs don't mean shit in this discussion, Bisping has more TKOs than Vitor Belfort..

TKOs are essentially a KO

if the reg wasn't there it would have been a KO eventually

KOs don't display skill as much as they do power

TKOs are essentially a KO

if the reg wasn't there it would have been a KO eventually

KOs don't display skill as much as they do power

THIS JUST IN = MICHAEL BISPING IS A KO MACHINE

We are talking about power, and clearly Ronda has more than Cyborg.. even at 135, I see now why Cyborg would rather sue than fight Ronda.. Suing is safer

THIS JUST IN = MICHAEL BISPING IS A KO MACHINE

We are talking about power, and clearly Ronda has more than Cyborg.. even at 135, I see now why Cyborg would rather sue than fight Ronda.. Suing is safer

oh i get it now

good job you had me going for a bit

oh i get it now

good job you had me going for a bit

Example of Cyborg knocking a girl unconscious?.. surely she has fought enough 40 year olds with losing records that her mythical power would be enough to faceplant KO someone?

Oh wait, thats right.. she went to decision with.. TAKANASHI
Fucking Takanashi - 17 wins 13 losses

GG

Example of Cyborg knocking a girl unconscious?.. surely she has fought enough 40 year olds with losing records that her mythical power would be enough to faceplant KO someone?

Oh wait, thats right.. she went to decision with.. TAKANASHI
Fucking Takanashi - 17 wins 13 losses

GG

see now you're essentially arguing with yourself and pretending i'm still saying things about things

Back