The Demise of Your Relationships

I've dated several girls.

The first (and best until recently) was a commitment-phobe because of growing up and seeing her parents in a shitty relationship that should have ended but didn't. Irrational, because odds are she won't end up like that but she went, and is still doing, her Eat, Pray, Love thing.

The second one was an awful rebound.

The third one was several years older than me. She was really nice, attentive, treated me like a king, very logical for a girl and we never came close to having an argument about anything. But she was ready to get married now and I just didn't see us getting married. I'm sure we would have had as stable and pleasant a marriage as humanly possible but something was missing.

Chick after that was nuts.

Current GF is great though, I feel very lucky.

Love had found me, my path arrived
loss of virginity, replaced for an older guy
I did not drive; he charioted her in a mercedes and snorted coke
I was nicer but helplessly broke
Her love twin daggers, one through my heart - one through my spine
Didn't see it coming, blinded were my eyes
Years passed, tears in my heart turn to stone
grown cold, still a question unknown
never to be answerd, love astray
she just got married, fuck it, dusk turns to day

Shed a tear

She wanted to settle down and I knew we weren't ready. I drive pretty much a 2 seater car with backseats that only a midget could fit in. One day she looked in the backseat and said "how would I fit a car seat back there?" My heart started racing when she said that and I don't think I even said anything.

A few weeks later we had a serious talk about settling down and I told her that's not what I'm looking for right now. She broke it off and said we should still be friends which I actually took seriously (like an idiot) so we did hang out still until she met my new girlfriend. Now she hates me and is engaged to a rich almost 50 year old dude.

She was too selfish. So was I. She wanted me to change everything to suit her needs. I just simply wanted to meet in the middle so we could both be happy. That wasn't good enough. probably because i was not doing everything she said everyday. Left me Dec 6th. simply said she doesn't love me. than she said she hated me?

1337693652786_8049710.png

With my one ex (only chick I ever actually fell in love with) we just wanted different life styles. I could have changed and adhered to the life style she wanted and even relocated, but I won't change who I am for anyone, not even a smoking hot chick with a great personality. With the rest of them I just lost interest.

Dated/lived with my ex-girl for 4 years, we were on the road to an engagement creeping up with the direction we were going and after being together for 4 years. Problem is, we are two very different people, she is an outgoing, social butterfly who is extremely materialistic and superficial/shallow who works in the fashion industry so she is your typical wannabe diva/dumbass whereas I am a simple guy I like training, fighting and writing and i'm happy with just being content and know who I am. I like staying home, movies, computer games just chilling whereas she NEEDED to be out constantly and it was tiring. Fights got worse and worse to the point where we were just roomates who hated each other rather than a couple then we broke up. Best thing that ever happened, this was about 2 years ago and 2 days after we split I met an amazing girl through a mutual friend, we now live together and plan on buying a house by Christmas of 2013.

when i met my exwife we had smurf sex,when we bought a house,we had house sex,after our first we had bedroom sex,by the time we had our 3rd we where having hallway sex,after i left her cause of her cheating we had public sex.you know the sort,where you go to court and she fucks you in front of everybody.then within 7 months of our divorce she marries a cop,and to this day denies ever cheating.

Dated/lived with my ex-girl for 4 years, we were on the road to an engagement creeping up with the direction we were going and after being together for 4 years. Problem is, we are two very different people, she is an outgoing, social butterfly who is extremely materialistic and superficial/shallow who works in the fashion industry so she is your typical wannabe diva/dumbass whereas I am a simple guy I like training, fighting and writing and i'm happy with just being content and know who I am. I like staying home, movies, computer games just chilling whereas she NEEDED to be out constantly and it was tiring. Fights got worse and worse to the point where we were just roomates who hated each other rather than a couple then we broke up. Best thing that ever happened, this was about 2 years ago and 2 days after we split I met an amazing girl through a mutual friend, we now live together and plan on buying a house by Christmas of 2013.

dayyum sounds like my life. Just met the new girl though and hopefully things continue on the path. But yea, I was with my ex for 4 years and stayed committed to her but shit just continued to get worse due to our different interests. Best thing that has happened to me as we have been apart 3 months now and I have never been happier.

My life story.

Wants girlfriend > Gets girlfriend > Too much time spent with girlfriend > Wants single life back > Finds reason to break up > Single life overrated> repeat.

1st: I was with her for almost 2 years, and she ended up moving to atlanta because of her family. I was 19 at the time and was horny as fuck so i broke it off.

2nd: We were together for 3 years on and off, and i cheated on her with a lot of girls. i still miss her till this day.

3rd: she broke up with me because i was cheating on her with the 2nd girl, I was basically fucking them both for months and being truthful to her about it the whole time, she gave me a choice her or the other girl. shorty after she moved to japan, and now teaches English there

Unfortunately I lost the love of my life due to my Alcoholism. We were together for 6 years and I put that girl thru a lot... Got sober finally for our last year (made it 11 months) proposed to her and life was great. I forgot where I came from tho and relapsed and it wasnt a good relapse it was a nasty, shitty one. Came home and everything was gone, including her with a note and the ring left on the coffee table. She placed a beer on the note with the ring and the note simply said, "You have always had a 2 way relationship with me and alcohol, Im tired of being second... Im not coming back this time. Love Stephanie." I have never seen her again or heard from her. I am now 9 months sober.

Scenario was yrs ago.We we're dating at the time so don't know if this counts.Getting off work 800am and having to drive 30 minutes to see her 2x a week..As a result I was a cranky bastard what started the downward slope,but she forgave after my apology.Anyway,I was sick for a week and went to her to see her and she dropped the bomb.She met another guy This was her "number 1 love blah blah",only to marry another "number 1 love"guy 4-5 months later.Ah well,the stress helped me lose 20 lbs of fat at the time.Win!

I've lost my fair share of relationships, either due to my own insecurity, not being ready for a serious commitment etc.

The one that hurts the most was with my best friend who I (not so secretly) had feelings for.

We tried dating, but it didn't pan out. We remained very close friends, but I couldn't handle her being with another guy. It's a long and protracted story, but I just couldn't be the friend that she deserved. I miss her to this day, but I think I used up all of my "second chance" cards.

Oh well, what can you do...

Back