The debuting fighters at UFC 166 have a combined record of 62-7

Didn't they refer to Kid Yamamoto as explosive before his fight against Mighty Mouse?

Either way I'm interested in watching Horiguchi in the UFC.

Didn't they refer to Kid Yamamoto as explosive before his fight against Mighty Mouse?

Kid Yamamoto clearly lost a step or two when he came into the UFC. He's clearly declined.

Thanks for the thread , didn't know anything about most of them apart from Kaufman

Kid Yamamoto clearly lost a step or two when he came into the UFC. He's clearly declined.

Oh I know he hasn't been as quick since his knee injury. But before the fight started between him and Mighty Mouse they were really hyping him up. Like, how fast he was and how his wrestling would keep the fight standing.

If travis Fulton were finally in the ufc that would be 445-83 record of debuting fighters.

Never heard of the guy before this post. Looked up his record, and it's the most ridiculous one I've ever seen! This guy went 40 fights undefeated in just a 2 year span... The loss before that he was on a 24 fight win streak... He also had another 28 fight win streak only a couple of years ago. His record is 249 - 49... Insane!

TS just did a better job of promoting this card to me than the UFC did.

Was on the fence, now I'm genuinely intrigued.

Haha, awesome.

Seriously though, the promotion for this card has been like non existent, even for the established names like Melendez vs Sanchez.

hey, kid in his prime was crazy explosive, had great wrestling, and one of the few small guys with knockout power. but im with you, im excited to see kyoji fight

I love new talent. You never know who might be the next big thing.

Same here! I hate when sherdog is always trying to shoot down new and great prospects. I hate to break it to you guys but the same guys can't be on top forever, and yes, one of these new prospects that you think are all hype and will lose their first high level fight, is going to be champion.

This card is going to be awesome, I hope the .gif makers are on hand... I predict some flashy/brutal subs and knock outs tonight.

Horiguchi legit lost to Ueda. The '1' on his record is deserved.

Not that I'm arguing his status as a top prospect, just sayin.

And Ueda is no one to be ashamed of losing to. He's been a top 15 guy since like ever.

hey, kid in his prime was crazy explosive, had great wrestling, and one of the few small guys with knockout power. but im with you, im excited to see kyoji fight

Yeah Kid was one of the greatest. Miyata has stated that when he was KO'ed by Kid in 4 seconds he was never the same. That cursed knee injury clearly affected Kid's speed though.

I was just saying that Horiguchi isn't the first Japanese to be seen as explosive.

Back