The Deadicated Bar Benders: Team Log

Thanks to all who have checked in and given me your numbers. The OP has been updated.

Fine with me to do the tribute. Is that the guy who said, "There is no reason to be alive if you can't deadlift?" Kind of ironic.

Yup, just like in my sig. They are all Jon Pall quotes.

Yeah it is ironic. I just rewatched the movie larger than life, the movie about him.

The "Ekkert mal fyrir Jon Pall" quote is from when he broke the european deadlift record as well.

He also beat Bill Kazmaier in the log press a couple of times. Which is pretty good. Kaz was ridiculous when it came to the log press back in the day.

DL
155 x 5 x 5, going to do down to 3 sets of 5 next week @ 165

Chins
1,1,1,1,1 - 1 after each set of DL

GHR
3 Negatives x 3 sets, first time ever doing these, will slowly increase volume and then transition to band assisted GHR's

There does seem to be a lot of Nyers I am not one but I can spit on NY from my house!

I say we organize a team lifting session somewhere... Are we Upstate?

Happy New Years BTW!

Starting Maxes: 385lb Deadlift/150lb SOHP)

I may be able to go to a team lifting session if it is south of Albany, in the spring, and I am already up there camping lol.

Btw my starting DL max is 365. My shoulder kind of is mad at me right now, so Im not going test my max just yet, but my calculated max from saturdays AMAP set (120x5) is 140lbs. If I didnt do the 3 sets before that AMAP set, and had an energy drink, I think I could get 150.

I'm Upstate in New Paltz. I also compete in Albany often and know a good gym around there. A team lifting sesh would be awesome!

I'm in Buffalo, not too close to Albany, but I know a guy who owns a BJJ gym in Saratoga and have a place to stay in that area. Not sure how close to Albany that is.

Sup.

DL: 495
OHP: 175

NICE I was hoping we'd get NK. I'm hoping to add around 30lbs to deadlift, at minimum. Hoping to add about 15 to the OHP.

I think by the time I am state side again the comp will be over. It wouldn't be until August.

Sup.

DL: 495
OHP: 175

NICE I was hoping we'd get NK. I'm hoping to add around 30lbs to deadlift, at minimum. Hoping to add about 15 to the OHP.

Right on Brother!
DL is gonna fly for me! I am hoping to hit 405! New technical changes are slowing me down right now, but I am excited!

SOHP has moved quite quickly up until now, but I am solid for at least a 10-15 lb increase...

I think by the time I am state side again the comp will be over. It wouldn't be until August.

Where are you now?

Also, a team lifting session would really be amazing! Spring would be the best for me as well! Anyway, if there is a place with shopping (outlets, etc...) close by it would be easier for me to convince the fandamily to make the trip!

Any ideas on a team name?

Lifting United
Team Ninja Lifts
Barbell Benders
Barbell Warriors

Fuck knows...

Lifting United
Team Ninja Lifts
Barbell Benders
Barbell Warriors

Fuck knows...

Team Deadicated

I dunno.

I do want to join the race to 315. 315/225/405 by the end of the comp would be awesome. BW press would be the goal too, so +15 to my starting SOHP. Easily

BW Press is an excellent goal!

I like Deadicated!

Lifting United
Team Ninja Lifts
Barbell Benders
Barbell Warriors

Fuck knows...

I like Barbell Benders.

Sorry I've been quiet on here. Been a little busy this week. I'm heading out to train right now and will update everyone's numbers when I get back.

Happy New Year guys. I've made a few resolutions for the new year and one is to spend less time on here, so I'll be brief. I'm starting with SOHP of 185 and DL of 441, and will add a pretty fair amount to that. I'm cutting from about 190 to 181 over this month of a comp on Feb 9th. I'll update the DL after the comp, and try to get a good gym lift for the SOHP at that time as well.

I'd be happy to help create the team logo if anyone would like. The last one I did was this one:

squat.png

...and I'd like to go another direction entirely with the new one. If anyone has any inspiration, let me know. Witchcraft, you make the final call of course.

Good luck all.

Back