The DC hate

This isn't HW. Both fighters have to weight no more than 206 lbs at weigh in. Cormier has one fight with a waiter and one fight with a MW as his LHW fights - quite impressive.

Doesn't matter he already proved he is talented in a higher weight class. Unless you think lhws just feel sorry for cain and thats why they don't want to take the hw title. Yeah its a different weight class and he transferred his strength and skill to lhw. He didnt just turn into a scrub bc he lost some fat

DC is an example of whats to come. Top shelf athletes who specialize in wrestling, or any grappling discipline for that matter, are the future. It is much easier to gain the striking ability to flourish in MMA at later age for these guys than the grappling.

Quick ascend to success over notable veterans, semi boring style in some fights. Seems pretty cut and dry to me.

DC is an example of whats to come. Top shelf athletes who specialize in wrestling, or any grappling discipline for that matter, are the future. It is much easier to gain the striking ability to flourish in MMA at later age for these guys than the grappling.

Kindly gotta disagree a little bit sir, but you're definitely entitled to your opinion. I love DC though. His WWE act can sometimes be a little cheesy/forced, but I think he's a nice guy at heart and you can find me on his future LHW champ wagon since before moving to LHW to take down Jones's belt. Quick enough striking combos and his chain wrestling can close the distance to take Jon Jones down if not punch him. I think Jon is gonna get single leg slammed Hendo/Barnett style if he decides to wrestle. Bones is gonna have stick to his reach/striking/point fighting with Greg Jackson outside fighting/poking 5 round win. Even then though, DC combos his striking with his chain wrestling beautifully, and purely speaking from a wrestling perspective, DC's bodytype is the arch prototype wrestler while Jones is the unorthodox leverage wrestler. Well I think Jones's forte has been his greco/judo based throws, but I think DC's strength and Greco skill cancel if not outmatch Jones therefore resulting in who has better trips/singles/doubles (DC by far). Jones can only usually set up his doubles from the clinch against the cage, but not like DC. I think his height + technique disadvantageous would leave him for singles.

Kindly gotta disagree a little bit sir, but you're definitely entitled to your opinion. I love DC though. His WWE act can sometimes be a little cheesy/forced, but I think he's a nice guy at heart and you can find me on his future LHW champ wagon since before moving to LHW to take down Jones's belt. Quick enough striking combos and his chain wrestling can close the distance to take Jon Jones down if not punch him. I think Jon is gonna get single leg slammed Hendo/Barnett style if he decides to wrestle. Bones is gonna have stick to his reach/striking/point fighting with Greg Jackson outside fighting/poking 5 round win. Even then though, DC combos his striking with his chain wrestling beautifully, and purely speaking from a wrestling perspective, DC's bodytype is the arch prototype wrestler while Jones is the unorthodox leverage wrestler. Well I think Jones's forte has been his greco/judo based throws, but I think DC's strength and Greco skill cancel if not outmatch Jones therefore resulting in who has better trips/singles/doubles (DC by far). Jones can only usually set up his doubles from the clinch against the cage, but not like DC. I think his height + technique disadvantageous would leave him for singles.

lol I think your delusional. It's still too early to assume that

but yeah, all we can do at this point is assume what JJ will do to DC and what DC will do to JJ. until the fight is scheduled, that's the only time we'll really know what will happen when these two fight each other

Last edited:
Yeah, don't get the hate myself. Super exciting with his video game like throws. Reminds me of Randleplex on Fedor or Aronabomb with Rampage. Some people get bored watching domination from side control, but not me.

With most fighters it's seriously 1-2 high kick, OH SHIT I JUST GOT ROCKED, better go for the desperation double. Oh shit, I'm in a guillotine. Here's a guy with straight up old school slams and throws, and suddenly he gets hate. You'd think with something called mixed martial arts, people would appreciate the variety.

I knew he was something else once he came in the SF HWGP and started beating ranked fighters. Him dropping to LHW only made him more dangerous, not less. I think it hurts if all you follow is UFC and are ignorant. This guy has proven himself for a few years now.

Yeah, don't get the hate myself. Super exciting with his video game like throws. Reminds me of Randleplex on Fedor or Aronabomb with Rampage. Some people get bored watching domination from side control, but not me.

With most fighters it's seriously 1-2 high kick, OH SHIT I JUST GOT ROCKED, better go for the desperation double. Oh shit, I'm in a guillotine. Here's a guy with straight up old school slams and throws, and suddenly he gets hate. You'd think with something called mixed martial arts, people would appreciate the variety.

I knew he was something else once he came in the SF HWGP and started beating ranked fighters. Him dropping to LHW only made him more dangerous, not less. I think it hurts if all you follow is UFC and are ignorant. This guy has proven himself for a few years now.

Most of the hate seems to be coming from Jones fanboy's who have their ego's attached to him. They see Cormier as a major threat and are afraid of Cormier beating and manhandling Jones (and subsequently their ego), so they try to pick him apart and downplay/marginalize him to help ease the pressure of the potential fight between the fighter their ego is attached to, and the threat to him.

throws_slams_Daniel_Cormier_Manhandles_Dan_Henderson_UFC_173.gif

The haters need to see how easy he man handled hendo, he was doing the same thing at hw!

Most of the hate seems to be coming from Jones fanboy's who have their ego's attached to him. They see Cormier as a threat and are afraid of Cormier beating and manhandling Jones, so they try to pick him apart and downplay him to help ease the pressure of the potential fight between the fighter their ego is attached to, and Cormier.

I don't get it. If Bones beats DC, that sucks but good for Bones. That's a real champion. But if DC wins, everyone should be happy. It's one hell of an accomplishment to beat someone like Bones.

It's just I don't understand the negativity. I want to see who is the best, not just "who is the best but I need to like him too." It's like they want to discredit DC because he might win. Totally backwards fear.

I don't see how you can call Jones' opponents old and ignore the fact that DC's opponents have mostly been from the same era as Jones'. They've both been fighting veterans, but Jones has beaten more of them, and has beaten more fighters with higher rankings. DC deserves a title shot, in my opinion, but to say that his resume is better than Jones' is laughable.

have never said that

Also, DC was not a champ at Heavyweight, he was a Grand Prix winner, in Strikeforce.

I acknowledged in a previous post of mine that DC was the Strikeforce HW GP champion. Yes, that's rightm the title he holds after winning the tournament is a champion, not a "winner", as you tried to put it. hence what I wrote - SF HW champ, did not want to write again the whole thing since I have already referred to the full title.

Conclusion: If you're gonna argue with me over semantics it's probably a good idea to get your facts straight.

P.S. BF is not from the same era as Shogun. BF fought twice for the UFC HW gold. DC was the HW GP champ in one org and was THE legit title contender in UFC after Cain defeated JDS the second time. All people that follow MMA know that. So, yeah, being at the top of two HW orgs is as impressive as what Jones did, having in mind that DC is at his 5'10 was fighting at around 230lbs, the same size JJ fights as well. Whats not impressive about it???

This isn't HW. Both fighters have to weight no more than 206 lbs at weigh in. Cormier has one fight with a waiter and one fight with a MW as his LHW fights - quite impressive.

Lol at all ppl who act as if HW accomplishments dont count for shit when achived by the same freaking fighter, just because he's now fighting at LHW.

As to your argument about how big was Hendo - It's a well known fact that at fight night JJ averages around 230lbs. DC fought at around the same weight (give or take a few pounds), at height 5'10 pretty damn far from JJ's leanness, and was still picking up and slamming HW monsters like Barnett at 6'3 250lbs. How about that?

Jones fans are noticeably shaken up by what a true fighter/wrestler/warrior can do

Jones fans are noticeably shaken up by what a true fighter/wrestler/warrior can do

Pretty much, and that stems from the fact that most Jones fans ego's are firmly attached to him. They fight vicariously through him and they are tough vicariously through him. Threats to their ego are either downplayed and marginalized, or straight up nervously laughed at.

Last edited:
Emerica >> DC

Back