The DC hate

in the UFC HW:

nelson wich was a boring fight
Mir was a boring fight

He did not get the finish against Nelson, but it was not a boring fight imo. About the Mir fight, I agree 100%

LHW:

he finished a guy in an epic missmatch. Barista assassin.
LnP on Hendo 1st rnd, little dmg in the 2nd.

Hendo had his hands locked for like half a min or more when they hit the ground after the slam. Than he was constantly either trying to GnP or change position and that is NOT what LnP is. Plus he got the finish. Looking for someone who got a boring fight against Hendo? Try Machida and Shad

Getting all those wins might've been the hardest anyone has done but god did he make all of them look boring. He didnt have more fights in the UFC. So yeah kinda sums him up.

All of them boring???...yeah, obvious bias, that sums it up

How many HW Divisions has JJ ruled? DC was a Strikeforce HW GP champ.Being the best in a division where fighters like Werdum, Barnett, BF, Overeem, Fedor are fighting for me is just as impressive.

DC was a top 3 HW in the UFC and a title contender and would have fought for the title IF his teammate wasnt holding it.

So whats up with that?

Cormier never fought Werdum.
Cormier never fought Overeem.
Cormier never fought Fedor (plus Fedor was in his decline at that point)

I am not saying that Cormier isn't impressive. He is definitely an excellent undefeated fighter. But his resume and most other resumes in the UFC don't stack up to what Jones has done so far. Someone tell me if I am wrong, but I don't believe any other UFC fighter has won four five round title fights in a one year period.

They are just motivating him and improve his tossing capabilities. :icon_lol: ......................and by the way DC your next few opponents took some chicken from your bucket OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH.

Last edited:
Personally I love DC and am a big fan of his. Consequently, I'm a big Jones hater and root against him. I wonder if the haters of DC aren't just Jones nuthuggers.

Can't praise DC highly enough. He will be champ within 6-7 months and will stay there until he reaches his 40's Randy couture style.
I thought he was loved on here.

Any man who can dominate like that and has the killer instinct of a dove deserves hate.

Cormier never fought Werdum.
Cormier never fought Overeem.
Cormier never fought Fedor (plus Fedor was in his decline at that point)

I am not saying that Cormier isn't impressive. He is definitely an excellent undefeated fighter. But his resume and most other resumes in the UFC don't stack up to what Jones has done so far. Someone tell me if I am wrong, but I don't believe any other UFC fighter has won four five round title fights in a one year period.

It was a tournament to determine who was the best at that point of time. DC won it. Thats about it. BF defeated Fedor decisively (I agree Fedor was obviously on the decline). Leter he defeated AO via KO. DC destroyed BF. BF is current top 5 HW. He has fought for the title twice.

Now, JJ came to be a champ by beating the best of what LHW had to offer at that time Shogun, who himself had his prime MANY years before that point.

Now the UFC LHW looks better. It has got a real good top 5 with DC, Gus, AJ and Teixeira.

Now, JJ obviosuly is very accomplished fighter. DC however was the champ at HW, I repeat HW at one org anfd a title contender at another. Then we have people on here acting as if he does not deserve a shot at LHW title because he has beaten "nobody". Get the fuck out of here

All of them boring???...yeah, obvious bias, that sums it up

Bias? yup its my opinion. Just cause you say they wernt doesnt make them any less boring. + The way he acts is just awkward, that interview on fox was cringe worthy.

The only people that dislike Cormier are Jon Jones fans. Cause they know, he's coming to take that belt away from Jonny Boy.

I think so too. Jones used to be pretty catty to DC and his nuthuggers followed suit.

Over all, I don't think DC is hated on a lot. Guy is likable, respectful and thoughtful and I've liked him ever since I saw him interact with Barnett before their fight.

There was definitely a lot of hate in the pbp thread Saturday night. Maybe because he was schooling a legend like Hendo.

But the Jon Jones fanatics go out of their way to try and discredit what he's done.

It's fear plain and simple.

Let me get this straight. Because some people do not think that DC is the greatest lhw that ever walked the face of the earth, that the sun shines out of his arse and that he is the second coming of christ there is all the sudden "DC hate".

DC is a good fighter and is easily top 5 in the division but it is debatable if he wins against Alex or Jones.

Jones fans hate him and some people think he is cocky, but in person and behind the scenes he is the nicest guy, he sucks at trash talk though

How the fuck is he not exciting. 7/15 of his fights are first round finishes. Another 2 are second-round finishes. And a 3rd-round finish of Hendo.

Cormiers performance vs Mir wasn't great but against Hendo that's exactly how I'd like to see more wrestlers fight, ok Cormier doesn't have amazing GnP ability but he was constantly looking to improve position and moved to a finish when he could rather than just laying in someones guard scoring points.

This. He risked losing position multiple times to go for submissions.

If you give a fighter props...people will either agree or argue the opposite.

No one will be 100% supported. DC hate is tame. As the number of threads like this go up the amount of hate will increase.

Bias? yup its my opinion. Just cause you say they wernt doesnt make them any less boring. + The way he acts is just awkward, that interview on fox was cringe worthy.

I have no problem for you saying Mir fight was boring, or even Nelson, some ppl might say that too. But how the hell do you call boring all of them when you have the BF or Barnett fight? For me thats straight up bias.

I also do not like JJ and his interviews. I have never called him boring.

Yes, DC did come off weird lately. But I have a long term observations that I am better of not watching interviews of fighters who I like. I liked Travis Browne, he talked a lot, tried to be a showman as well as fighter, did not work for him. Now I like his personality less. I still do not call him boring.

Fedor is my favorite fighter along with Wanderlei. However I have heard him say stuff that have made me cringe. For example, he stated that his nose has never been broken in a fight. I've seen his nose broken in a fight at least twice. Plus just the shape of it gives out it has been broken at least once even if you have seen none of his fights. He also said he has lost because someone in the crown performed black magic on him. I think that was after the Werdum's fight, but I might be mistaken on this one.

So yeah, you can dislike his personality as much as you want, but you cannot call all his fights "boring" because they are simply not

It was a tournament to determine who was the best at that point of time. DC won it. Thats about it. BF defeated Fedor decisively (I agree Fedor was obviously on the decline). Leter he defeated AO via KO. DC destroyed BF. BF is current top 5 HW. He has fought for the title twice.

Now, JJ came to be a champ by beating the best of what LHW had to offer at that time Shogun, who himself had his prime MANY years before that point.

Now the UFC LHW looks better. It has got a real good top 5 with DC, Gus, AJ and Teixeira.

Now, JJ obviosuly is very accomplished fighter. DC however was the champ at HW, I repeat HW at one org anfd a title contender at another. Then we have people on here acting as if he does not deserve a shot at LHW title because he has beaten "nobody". Get the fuck out of here

I don't see how you can call Jones' opponents old and ignore the fact that DC's opponents have mostly been from the same era as Jones'. They've both been fighting veterans, but Jones has beaten more of them, and has beaten more fighters with higher rankings. DC deserves a title shot, in my opinion, but to say that his resume is better than Jones' is laughable.

Also, DC was not a champ at Heavyweight, he was a Grand Prix winner, in Strikeforce.

I think the boos we saw for DC was more because he was fighting a beloved legend in Hendo. I doubt anyone would be a fan favorite against Hendo.

Back