The DC hate

Megatronlee

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Why are people so standoffish to this guy. I'm biased because I'm a wrestler so I like ANY guy I watched back in highschool but why do you think everyone else has it out for him? When chael was gnna fight him all I heard was "OMG chael is gnna kill this kid!" "Bones ain't ready for the pressure" etc etc
But it seems the majority of people don't even WANT DC to get the shot. "He dosent deserve" "who's he beat?'' Etc etc. do you think it's his personality? Fight style? Height? Lol I'm not understanding why people(the online mma community) isn't clamoring to this guy like they are Gus and everyone else

Because his fights aren't alway exciting could be one of the reasons.

What?! I thought he's one of the most liked fighters about..? Not exactly ko's check or Bisping hated..

Because he's had a Jon Jones like rise ad people aren't happy that he's wrecking everyone he faces in extremely one-sided fights.

dude started MMA in 2009 and he's now crushing guys like Hendo, Barnett, Bigfoot, etc with ease. Of course people are going to try to find reasons to hate him.

The only people that dislike Cormier are Jon Jones fans. Cause they know, he's coming to take that belt away from Jonny Boy.

his fights arnt exacly exciting. the way he acts rubs me the wrong way also, tries to be the fun super nice guy. Then shoves at the press conferance. That whole failure at the JBJ interview on fox after the Glover fight.

He is just overall meh....

Because he's had a Jon Jones like rise ad people aren't happy that he's wrecking everyone he faces in extremely one-sided fights.

dude started MMA in 2009 and he's now crushing guys like Hendo, Barnett, Bigfoot, etc with ease. Of course people are going to try to find reasons to hate him.

Sounds about right. JEALOUSY

Why are people so standoffish to this guy. I'm biased because I'm a wrestler so I like ANY guy I watched back in highschool but why do you think everyone else has it out for him? When chael was gnna fight him all I heard was "OMG chael is gnna kill this kid!" "Bones ain't ready for the pressure" etc etc
But it seems the majority of people don't even WANT DC to get the shot. "He dosent deserve" "who's he beat?'' Etc etc. do you think it's his personality? Fight style? Height? Lol I'm not understanding why people(the online mma community) isn't clamoring to this guy like they are Gus and everyone else

Only posters who havent seen him fight in SF might have said that. As soon as I saw how he dismantled BF I knew this guy was something else.

Because his fights aren't alway exciting could be one of the reasons.

How is he not exciting?

his fights arnt exacly exciting. the way he acts rubs me the wrong way also, tries to be the fun super nice guy. Then shoves at the press conferance. That whole failure at the JBJ interview on fox after the Glover fight.

He is just overall meh....

Lol, you might not like his personality, but he's just as impressive as they get when it comes to fighting. Only thing that was meh in his career was the Mir fight and probably one might argue the Big Country fight, but who the hell finishes Roy Nelson??

I like DC. I think he should step in for lil nog when pulls out against rumble.

Give him a real fight at LHW before facing Jones. Just 1 opponent who has a chance to beat him, Hendo and Vanilla Latte were never credible options (sorry Hendo I still love ya). Thats my only knock. The guy is devastating but let him perform against a much better skillset @ light heavyweight to cement all of the hype.

Lol, you might not like his personality, but he's just as impressive as they get when it comes to fighting. Only thing that was meh in his career was the Mir fight and probably one might argue the Big Country fight, but who the hell finishes Roy Nelson??

The Pit Bull

Give him a real fight at LHW before facing Jones. Just 1 opponent who has a chance to beat him, Hendo and Vanilla Latte were never credible options (sorry Hendo I still love ya). Thats my only knock. The guy is devastating but let him perform against a much better skillset @ light heavyweight to cement all of the hype.

You can blame Rashad for that.

What he said.

Back