Media The Day Zen Machine refused to release the hold at the end of the 'round'... #28

gono btw

Rounds...
Banned
Reaction score
This series 'The Day...' is about 'extraordinary' moments in NHB/Vale Tudo history.

Today: [Australian NHB Scene]

Was @ Caged Combat 1 - Australian Ultimate Fighting, in Sydney, Australia [March 13, 1997].
Was a 2 days Tournament.

On the Left:

Mario Sperry.png

Zen Machine had a background in:
> Judo, under Master Mehdi.
> BJJ, under Carlson.

He was also one of the founders of BTT.

On the Right:

Vernon 'Tiger' White.

vlcsnap-2019-01-19-10h38m25s015.png

Tiger had a background in TKD.
He then joined Pancrase Org., where he had to learn the ground game, like all the pure strikers who went there.
Joined the Lion´s Den Team, and progressively refined his ground game (see his defensive grappling against SAKU G. in Pride, and his leglocks game here, as a striker...).
Underrated.

@ 8mn:

Lasted some 30 sec (!)...

Tiger is like...wt.png

tiger.gif

Carlson is like...al pac.png
"Ah son, forgot to tell you, these Nu Breeds are not really into 'No Time Limit'..."

Carlson mario.gif

Ah... That transitional era between NHB and MMA... I legit smiled.

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of Ze Mario but your myth series are less yawn inducing.

@gono btw do you accept thread requests?

I'd like you to make a thread dedicated to the glorious career of Marcelo Tigre.
What do you think?

I thought his nickname was Zen Master

Yawn worthy

And Wtf, didnt they go over the rules about rounds before the fight with the fighters? Amateur days back then

I'm not really sure whats going on here. The OP is very sparse in description and my speakers keep muffling the australian fuck announcing...

Yawn worthy

And Wtf, didnt they go over the rules about rounds before the fight with the fighters? Amateur days back then
The sadness that invades you when you acknowledge that you´re the only one smilin´at somethin´...

B why.gif

In time: that was the beauty of the thing back then: they would negociate the rules till the very last minute..

Carlson is legendary enough that they should have just given him his way and let his fighter continue in side control

Back