"The Day She Makes the Weight, That Fight is On."

To be fair, Cyborg has called out Rousey as well. Having a higher weight fighter call out a lower weight fighter and asking the other fighter to go up in weight is just as bad.

If you mean Rousey competing at 154 in judo, that's with weigh ins just before you compete, and with year round random drug testing (follicle, blood and urine). Do you think Cyborg would be willing to fight Rousey at 145 with that kind of testing and a weigh in an hour or less before the fight? Seriously? Because that's what you're implying.

And actually, most of her life Rousey competed at 139 in judo, not 154. She went to 154 only at the end. And 154 weighing in just before the match would be, given the normal 20 pound water cut of a 150 pound fighter with 24 hours to rehydrate, about 135 pounds (and yes, that is the normal water cut ... Demetrious Johnson for instance cuts 20).

I think the fight should happen at 145 - with a weigh in just before the fight. I dislike the 24 hour rehydration to begin with (I think it creates more problems, including health related, than it solves). If Rousey says she refuses to fight at 145 with a weigh in just before the fight and Olympic testing, then I agree, that'll be ducking. But what she's doing now is just the norm - staying in her weight division. Like every other UFC champs does except Penn (who went up while champ to fight GSP), and Anderson, who didn't fight another champ while champ, but went up to fight a top 5 fighter. GSP, Aldo, Barao, Hughes, Liddell, Couture, Shogun, Jones, and every other champ never fought higher while champ. Rousey is getting criticized for doing what, in 20 years of UFC history, every champ but two has done.

And Cyborg has fought at 135 as well, so if refusing to fight at a division you've fought at before is ducking, they're both ducking. And in fact, I don't think either wants the fight now. Its money in the bank (like Mayweather-Pac), they can make millions on it long after they're both out of their prime.

Royce routinely fought larger fighters.

So did Marcos Ruas.

So did Don Frye.

So did Fedor.

So did Wand.

WE ALL WANT TO SEE THE FIGHT.. we just think it should be for a title in a division that actually exists, why are you against that?

oh.

the 1st fair point ive seen you make.

I guess I just know that's not a possibility-

I don't see Rousey caring about Cyborgs title,

and I don't see Cyborg making 135.

So, in a world of lesser evils, I choose a fight that defines legacy.

Ronda has fought at 145 before and competed at 150 in Judo before.

Cyborg has never fought at 135 before.

they can meet at 140 but Ronda won't even do that. If you don't think Ronda is afraid of Cyborg you're delusional.

It's like Jones calling out Struve to fight at 205. IT CANNOT HAPPEN AND HE KNOWS IT.

Why can't you guys get it through your heads that those divisions don't exist in the ufc. Plus judo had same day weighins.

Royce routinely fought larger fighters.

So did Marcos Ruas.

So did Don Frye.

So did Fedor.

So did Wand.

So HW usually fight bigger fighters? I see.

Also is kind of hard to fight at a weight class thats not in the promotion you fight for.

Who is against the fight?
People are saying make weight.
If Cyborg wants to fight Ronda all she has to do is make weight.
Tell me who ever had an easier way to a title shot?

Bethe Correia.

to me I don't want to see Cyborg at 135.

the fun of the fight is skill against size.

I think Rousey wins, but at 135 it would be a joke.

So HW usually fight bigger fighters? I see.

Also is kind of hard to fight at a weight class thats not in the promotion you fight for.

2 of the 5 were heavy weights, and those 2 were small heavyweights.

im sure you know this.

Why can't you guys get it through your heads that those divisions don't exist in the ufc. Plus judo had same day weighins.

the "those classes don't exist in the UFC" argument is weak.

Dana could make 1 with the wave of his hand.

Ronda agreed to fight Gina at 145, she could offer the same concession, and if Cyborg were ducking it would become very obvious.

2 of the 5 were heavy weights, and those 2 were small heavyweights.

im sure you know this.

Yesssss and they ALL fought at weights that the promotion had.
Its hard to fight at a weight that the promotion does not have.
Do you get that?

The numbers won't be as big? The numbers all but go away completely for Cyborg. Very very few people want to watch that kind of mutant female stuff, she's a stain on WMMA and the UFC knows it. Shell get the fight, but the terms are the same as all Ronda's other challengers and no concessions should/will be made to give an advantage to someone so undesirable to have in your league. If this was Gina Carano we were taking about , this would be a whole different discussion and you know it.

Soooo let me get this straight....you would not allow the best competitor to fight the champion becuase in the event that she wins the pay per view numbers won't be as big? And I'm assuming you're saying that without even working for the UFC or getting a cut off of that pay per view revenue?

Let me ask you something...are you an MMA fan or a pay per view revenue fan?

Bethe Correia.

to me I don't want to see Cyborg at 135.

the fun of the fight is skill against size.

I think Rousey wins, but at 135 it would be a joke.

So winning 9 /10 fights is easier than making weight?

If you want to fight in the UFC you got to make weight.
Its that simple.
If you dont want to see Cyborg at 135 keep watching her fighting in Invicta.

the "those classes don't exist in the UFC" argument is weak.

Dana could make 1 with the wave of his hand.

Ronda agreed to fight Gina at 145, she could offer the same concession, and if Cyborg were ducking it would become very obvious.

No Ronda did NOT agree to fight Gina...
Ronda was asked by a journalist IF she would fight Gina.
Ronda said yes she would love to fight Gina at 145 because she is a pioneer and Ronda respects her.
Dana then said NO it will never happen. No fight outside of established weight classes.

No Ronda did NOT agree to fight Gina...
Ronda was asked by a journalist IF she would fight Gina.
Ronda said yes she would love to fight Gina at 145 because she is a pioneer and Ronda respects her.
Dana then said NO it will never happen. No fight outside of established weight classes.

semantics.

again, you know what I mean.

shall we quibble over the word agreement?

because you can twist it, I will refine my statement-

Ronda was willing to fight Gina at 145.

sheesh.

Ronda calling out 90% of the male population but scared to fight Cyborg.

semantics.

again, you know what I mean.

shall we quibble over the word agreement?

because you can twist it, I will refine my statement-

Ronda was willing to fight Gina at 145.

sheesh.

You still made it sound like it was more than just a question from journalist.
You know she also said she wanted to fight Jon Jones and that they would do a lot of cool kung fu stuff in the cage...

You dont see the difference between fighting WMMA at the time superstar and darling Gina vs a known cheater that almost killed Wmma?

Cyborg has never fought at 135 before.

4.jpg

And her first fight ever was against a fighter who fights at 125 lbs.

So she's fought at 135lbs.

"The day she loses all her muscle mass and comes in the cage dying from a brutal weight cut and not being allowed to use IV, the fight is on"

The days she stops taking steroids that give her unnatural muscle mass so she can comfortably make the 135 limit, the fight is on.

Woooooooooow. There is nothing more cowardly than challenging someone to a fight and demand the person to drop weight.

Even, if Ronda is better than Cyborg, Cyborg is bigger and if Ronda wants to show her supremacy she NEEDs to beat the ultimate Cyborg, not the 135 one.

cccc.

I'm going to go challenge Lesnar to a fight and demand that he loses weight and meets me at 100 kg. If he won't do it. I'll call him a pus*y and declare myself the better fighter...

Of course I wouldn't do that.

But this behavior is obviously very acceptable and even admired in the MMA community.

cccc.

I don't believe it's cowardly asking her to drop extra muscle mass she gained from using STEROIDS.

4.jpg

And her first fight ever was against a fighter who fights at 125 lbs.

So she's fought at 135lbs.

The fuck was Cyborg even thinking with all that roiding?Here she actually looks half decent and not like a fucking half man, half something.SMH

Back