"The Day She Makes the Weight, That Fight is On."

meh the ufc and ronda are avoiding cyborg. they know cyborg cant make the weight, worse part is ronda saying she would only go up for gina cause she knows gina has nothing for her. I guess 3rd fight with tate and then rematch with zigano, alexis are the next fight. I can see a 3rd fight with zigano and 4th with tate in the future. Sometimes you have to seek competition when you dont have and Ronda need to go up and shut cyborg up

So wait, it was Ronda that pissed hot and ruined the first fight at 145?

And it was Ronda who agreed to a fight at 140, then ran to a different org when her opponent asked for strict drug testing?

No, that was Cryborg. Cris ducking hard. She wants to stay in the org that does fight night urinalysis to keep her huge size advantage over low level, part time fighters.

Again, Cyborg's last ppv sld 4,800 buys and she made $50,000.

If someone told you you had a year to lose 15 lbs to get a title shot and a 1 million buy ppv netting you millions of dollars whilst getting to fight the person you hate the most, the person you've obsessed and talked about for 4 years, in the biggest org in the land on the big stage main event Las Vegas, wouldn't you just lighten up the supplement cycles and tone down a bit and make the weight?

Ronda has never failed a drug test for steroids.

Ronda has never tried to manipulate a scale in order to make it look like she made weight when in fact she was overweight.

Ronda has never asked to be released by the UFC without even trying to do any thing

none of that is the point.

no one denies those things.

SOME OF US WANT TO SEE A BETTER FIGHT THAN LAST NIGHT'S , AND I CANT FOR THE LIFE OF ME IMAGINE WHY SOMEONE WOUULD BE AGAINST A FIGHT.

SOME OF US WANT TO SEE A BETTER FIGHT THAN LAST NIGHT'S , AND I CANT FOR THE LIFE OF ME IMAGINE WHY SOMEONE WOUULD BE AGAINST A FIGHT.

But then how would Honda be able to win fights in under a minute if the competition was stiffer? That defeats the whole purpose.

Don't you love how lower weight fighter calls out higher weight fighter and ask the other fighter to drop down when you competed at such weight class for majority of your existance?

I call that a cop out in this side of the world, but not sure in Rousey planet.

Don't you just love when a higher weight fighter calls out a lower weight fighter after said higher weight fighter has tested positive for steroids and folded the weight class she competed in for the company she was signed for?

Seriously. Cyborg was offered a contract to fight at 145 in Invicta until the UFC could figure out what to do with this fight, Cyborg turned that down and signed to Invicta directly. Then continued to call Ronda out after she just blatantly ran from being under contract with the UFC so she could talk shit without any need to back it up.

The worst part is Ronda's not the one calling Cyborg out at this point. Cyborg is the one calling Ronda out at every opportunity, after every fight, in her post fight, in her press conferences, on twitter, instagram, random ass Youtube videos. Cyborg is the heavier fighter, the one that has been popped for steroids, and she refuses to cut down to the division that actually exists in the UFC to make this happen. I'm sick of people trying to pretend that this isn't Cyborg's fault. She's the one to blame for this fight not taking place, she has been and she will continue to be until she makes 135. If the UFC doesn't sign her or Ronda doesn't fight her then, then absolutely Ronda's ducking her. Won't get an argument from me there. But until that day she needs to shut her mouth or make the weight or she's the one ducking the fight while constantly bringing it up.

Because Ronda is a superstar, and Cyborg is a grotesque mutated steroid cheat. She looks like the Toxic Avenger wearing a bikini. To give any possible breaks, concessions or exceptions to that woman is absurd. Shed be like kryptonite to PPV revenue if she won.

Because Ronda is a superstar, and Cyborg is a grotesque mutated steroid cheat. She looks like the Toxic Avenger wearing a bikini. To give any possible breaks, concessions or exceptions to that woman is absurd. Shed be like kryptonite to PPV revenue if she won.

Lol great day on Sherdog today...sooo what you're saying is in order to determine the best MMA fighter in the world we should set up a fight between Kim Khardashian and Bruce Jenner since that would draw the biggest pay per view numbers?

If Cyborg's striking is that dominant, I don't see why losing some muscle mass would change her skillset. Cyborg fans seem to think she doesn't stand a chance with less muscle, as if that is the only reason she would be competitive.

I'm not personally interested in that but feel free to set it up if you're fired up about it.

If you don't think that the market value and revenue streams are just as important as the rest of the fight context I don't know what to tell you.

Lol great day on Sherdog today...sooo what you're saying is in order to determine the best MMA fighter in the world we should set up a fight between Kim Khardashian and Bruce Jenner since that would draw the biggest pay per view numbers?

Who is against the fight?
People are saying make weight.
If Cyborg wants to fight Ronda all she has to do is make weight.
Tell me who ever had an easier way to a title shot?

WE ALL WANT TO SEE THE FIGHT.. we just think it should be for a title in a division that actually exists, why are you against that?

I'm not personally interested in that but feel free to set it up if you're fired up about it.

If you don't think that the market value and revenue streams are just as important as the rest of the fight contest I don't know what to tell you.

Soooo let me get this straight....you would not allow the best competitor to fight the champion becuase in the event that she wins the pay per view numbers won't be as big? And I'm assuming you're saying that without even working for the UFC or getting a cut off of that pay per view revenue?

Let me ask you something...are you an MMA fan or a pay per view revenue fan?

Don't you love how lower weight fighter calls out higher weight fighter and ask the other fighter to drop down when you competed at such weight class for majority of your existance?

I call that a cop out in this side of the world, but not sure in Rousey planet.

To be fair, Cyborg has called out Rousey as well. Having a higher weight fighter call out a lower weight fighter and asking the other fighter to go up in weight is just as bad.

If you mean Rousey competing at 154 in judo, that's with weigh ins just before you compete, and with year round random drug testing (follicle, blood and urine). Do you think Cyborg would be willing to fight Rousey at 145 with that kind of testing and a weigh in an hour or less before the fight? Seriously? Because that's what you're implying.

And actually, most of her life Rousey competed at 139 in judo, not 154. She went to 154 only at the end. And 154 weighing in just before the match would be, given the normal 20 pound water cut of a 150 pound fighter with 24 hours to rehydrate, about 135 pounds (and yes, that is the normal water cut ... Demetrious Johnson for instance cuts 20).

I think the fight should happen at 145 - with a weigh in just before the fight. I dislike the 24 hour rehydration to begin with (I think it creates more problems, including health related, than it solves). If Rousey says she refuses to fight at 145 with a weigh in just before the fight and Olympic testing, then I agree, that'll be ducking. But what she's doing now is just the norm - staying in her weight division. Like every other UFC champs does except Penn (who went up while champ to fight GSP), and Anderson, who didn't fight another champ while champ, but went up to fight a top 5 fighter. GSP, Aldo, Barao, Hughes, Liddell, Couture, Shogun, Jones, and every other champ never fought higher while champ. Rousey is getting criticized for doing what, in 20 years of UFC history, every champ but two has done.

And Cyborg has fought at 135 as well, so if refusing to fight at a division you've fought at before is ducking, they're both ducking. And in fact, I don't think either wants the fight now. Its money in the bank (like Mayweather-Pac), they can make millions on it long after they're both out of their prime.

Last edited:
To be fair, Cyborg has called out Rousey as well. Having a higher weight fighter call out a lower weight fighter and asking the other fighter to go up in weight is just as bad.

Anderson Silva was notorious for this yet for some reason his fans found fault in GSP saying 'fuck you, meet me at my weight'. Calling out smaller fighters isn't "just as bad" it is exponentially worse.

Ronda has fought at 145 before and competed at 150 in Judo before.

Cyborg has never fought at 135 before.

they can meet at 140 but Ronda won't even do that. If you don't think Ronda is afraid of Cyborg you're delusional.

It's like Jones calling out Struve to fight at 205. IT CANNOT HAPPEN AND HE KNOWS IT.

The champ doesn't have to chase.

But they should both stop talking about it.. she is the Fedor of this era, a match people want but never gonna see, but doesn't stop everyone from talking about it so damn much.

Ronda has fought at 145 before and competed at 150 in Judo before.

Cyborg has never fought at 135 before.

they can meet at 140 but Ronda won't even do that. If you don't think Ronda is afraid of Cyborg you're delusional.

It's like Jones calling out Struve to fight at 205. IT CANNOT HAPPEN AND HE KNOWS IT.

well just like your example, Jones doesn't have to move up and vacate his title just to fight an HW, if an HW wants to fight Jones he has to drop down and make the weight.

Ronda is the UFC BW champ, if Cyborg want a piece of her, she has to get it herself.

I DONT THINK CYBORG WOULD WIN.

But this sport is full of smaller fighters winning fights against larger athletes on PEDs.

its a showcase of skill.

if Royce, Fedor, BJ, Anderson, et al all refused to fight larger opponents we would have been robbed of some of the best fights ever.

When there is a will, there is a way. For the moment, there is no will.

Back