"The Day She Makes the Weight, That Fight is On."

Tate, Holm, relinquishes the belt, Cyborg at whatever weight, retires.

It doesn't even have to be a title fight, make it a "superfight" at the 140lb catch weight.

Ronda will get the biggest payday of her career and put any doubts to bed about who the best female fighter is

Preposterous. Ronda doesn't need Cyborg to get a big payday. In fact, it's Cyborg who needs Ronda to make a decent payday. Any other girl, she's fighting in anonymity on fightpass over at Invicta.

If she ever makes it to the UFC, who is she gonna bring? The hardcore MMA fans who are all streaming the fights? Cyborg is an unknown to the mainstream and she can't even speak English.

I bet even the Brazillian fans would be cheering for Ronda, she's made quite an impression in Brazil for UFC 190.

There will be no catchweight, no excuse and no concession: Cyborg has to meet Ronda's condition or it's a no go. She has no pull whatsoever, Ronda is already sitting on a multi-million fortune while Cyborg is fighting for peanuts.

Queen vs Peasant.

So basically never. Cyborg can't make 135 without drastic lifestyle changes.
Yes she can. Easily. She needs to make the decision to let go of some of her muscle. Muscle will be catabolized in caloric deficit. She will not die. Nothing will happen to her. She has had years to accomplish this.

"The day she loses all her muscle mass and comes in the cage dying from a brutal weight cut and not being allowed to use IV, the fight is on"

It's like Jones calling out Struve to fight at 205. IT CANNOT HAPPEN AND HE KNOWS IT.

Actually, it's the contrary: it's like Struve calling out Jones to a fight at a 250. catchweight.

I don't see (or hear) Ronda calling out Cyborg: all the calling out is coming from the heaviest woman fighting on fightpass. Whenever Ronda talks about Cyborg, it's always to say: "I'm ready to defend my belt, let's go".

If one of these woman can't make 135, it means the fight should not happen. After all, Ronda consistently makes 135 without problems. If Cyborg can't make it, it means she's simply too big or not dedicated enough.

Ronda made the sacrifice of cutting to 135 so the UFC WMMA deal could happen. If Cyborg can't do it, it's her loss. Ronda will not lose any sleep (or any money) on it.

"The day she loses all her muscle mass and comes in the cage dying from a brutal weight cut and not being allowed to use IV, the fight is on"

If she chooses to dehydrate down to 135 lbs she's a fool. She doesn't have to do that to make weight. Losing the muscle mass will not be "dying" from a brutal weight cut. She'll just be less muscular. Having spent as much time in clinical medicine as I have and with a background in personal training on top of it, very few things make me laugh harder than the idea that a 5'8" woman would be "unhealthy" if she made the decision to take her weight to 135lbs. Again, to reiterate the point, losing weight is not the same thing as the moronic decision to try to dehydrate yourself to an impossibly low weight which would undoubtedly result in severe health consequences.

Cyborg's standup is better than anything Ronda has faced, IMO, and I think she definitely poses the biggest threat. But, this argument is just insanity.

The UFC doesn't have a 140 nor 145 women's weight class. Think they're going to Invicta with this shit to appease Cyborg's heavy ass? Fuck no. When Cyborg can actually make one of the UFC's women's weight classes and Ronda refuses then people can say she's scared. Until then, Cyborg's the only one being a little bitch.

It doesn't even have to be a title fight, make it a "superfight" at the 140lb catch weight.

Ronda will get the biggest payday of her career and put any doubts to bed about who the best female fighter is

She is already making millions per fight. Cyborg isn't.
Ronda is all ready considered the best by the vast majority. Cyborg isn't

Ronda has fought at 145 before and competed at 150 in Judo before.

Cyborg has never fought at 135 before.

they can meet at 140 but Ronda won't even do that. If you don't think Ronda is afraid of Cyborg you're delusional.

It's like Jones calling out Struve to fight at 205. IT CANNOT HAPPEN AND HE KNOWS IT.

Why would a champ go up in weight to chase a challenger? Why would Cyborg even want that since she wouldn't even win the belt if she did win? Why would the UFC want that since they would then have Cyborg under contract with no one else she could fight at that weight???

Cyborg was contracted in the UFC and fought to get out of it and ran away to hide her steroid abuse. No one is delusional, you're just fucking stupid.

Actually, it's the contrary: it's like Struve calling out Jones to a fight at a 250. catchweight.

I don't see (or hear) Ronda calling out Cyborg: all the calling out is coming from the heaviest woman fighting on fightpass. Whenever Ronda talks about Cyborg, it's always to say: "I'm ready to defend my belt, let's go".

If one of these woman can't make 135, it means the fight should not happen. After all, Ronda consistently makes 135 without problems. If Cyborg can't make it, it means she's simply too big or not dedicated enough.

Ronda made the sacrifice of cutting to 135 so the UFC WMMA deal could happen. If Cyborg can't do it, it's her loss. Ronda will not lose any sleep (or any money) on it.

Except that Jones didn't start out at heavyweight, talk trash about Struve, and then dropdown to LHW and demand that Struve cut to 205. Nice try.

Also, Ronda didn't cut to 135 so that the UFC would bring in a women's division. Ronda cut to 135 to challenge Miesha who was the WBW champion back in Strikeforce. Dana said women would never be in the UFC. He changed his mind when he saw Ronda. This happened after the Kaufman fight. So Ronda was already at 135 before Dana changed his mind. Ronda didn't sacrifice anything.

Why would a champ go up in weight to chase a challenger? Why would Cyborg even want that since she wouldn't even win the belt if she did win? Why would the UFC want that since they would then have Cyborg under contract with no one else she could fight at that weight???

Cyborg was contracted in the UFC and fought to get out of it and ran away to hide her steroid abuse. No one is delusional, you're just fucking stupid.

If the UFC deal she was offered was to fight at 145 she would have taken it. They wanted her to fight at 135 multiple times. That's why she didn't take the UFC deal. She is not a bantamweight. It has nothing to do with doping. You do know that Cyborg has passed NSAC tests right? That's the same comission that tests fighters at MGM Grand events.

Cyborg needs to make weight end of story. It was not Ronda who failed a drug test. If Cyborg had not failed a drug test I would have been more supportive of having this fight at 140. Right now I don't see a need for Ronda going up to 140. Ronda has not failed drug tests and she continues to crush people. Cyborg before testing back in Brazil she fought at 135 so its not impossible. She needs to get down there to make weight then she can balloon up to her fighting weight. Ronda will still beat her and Ronda has no doubt of that fact she just wants to make Cyborg pay to get the fight.

Ronda has fought at 145 before and competed at 150 in Judo before.

Cyborg has never fought at 135 before.

they can meet at 140 but Ronda won't even do that. If you don't think Ronda is afraid of Cyborg you're delusional.

Except Ronda didn't call out Cyborg though .. its the other way around. So what is your point?

The Champ does not move for anybody, so Cyborg can keep her toy Invicta belt which doesn't mean fuck all in the bigger scheme of things.

If the UFC deal she was offered was to fight at 145 she would have taken it. They wanted her to fight at 135 multiple times. That's why she didn't take the UFC deal. She is not a bantamweight. It has nothing to do with doping. You do know that Cyborg has passed NSAC tests right? That's the same comission that tests fighters at MGM Grand events.

Your aware she gained all that muscle mass on the steroids, right. That's why it should be at 135 to take away the advantage she gained using banned substances.

Cyborg's last ppv sld 4,800 buys and she made $50,000.

If someone told you you had a year to lose 15 lbs to get a title shot and a 1 million buy ppv netting you millions of dollars whilst getting to fight the person you hate the most, the person you've obsessed and talked about for 4 years, in the biggest org in the land on the big stage main event Las Vegas, wouldn't you just lighten up the supplement cycles and tone down a bit and make the weight?

I see it exactly like that, its not like cyborg is a drawn out skinny bean pole and cant make 135...she CHOOSES to carry a LOT of MUSCLE MASS...which is part of her Psyche feeling she needs to be the bigger stronger fighter playing into why she juices and why she wont drop some muscle come into a life changing fight...because she doesnt have the confidence in her SKILLSET to match Ronda without the juice and strength advantage....she has backed herself into a corner SHE is the one with the pressure now.....

catchweight at 140 is dumb. im not even a rousey fan, but how much sense does it make for ronda to do that? she is the 135 champ. u want to fight her, thats where she is.

Doesn't matter how or when just make it happen.. I agree with an earlier post Cyborg has every motivation in the world to drop the weight, do it get down to 135 let the world see it and make a million in one fight regardless of the outcome, Get a trainer dietician do a body analysis and get the weight down, if after that a doctor says she healthy wise cannot get to 135, then maybe Dana will compromise, but really she can be 136 with the allowance so here's hoping it happens soon, cause I can't stomach a Tate vs Rousey 4...

Back