The date is January 1st 2014...

Which of the following facts would be hardest to believe? Also which is Easiest to Believe?

-Renan Barao Will be dominated for 5 rounds then finished by TJ Dillashaw

-Frankie Edgar and Bj Penn will have a trilogy fight

-Quinton "Rampage" Jackson will be resigned to the UFC

-The HW Championship will go Undefended.

-The UFC will make the same WW Championship fight 3 times in a row

-CM Punk will be signed to UFC

-GSP Isn't Back

-Dominic Cruz Had a fight, Won in impressive fashion, then tore his ACL again.

-Joe Soto will headline a PPV In his first UFC fight

-A UFC PPV will be cancelled.

both of those two things really shock me...

poor cruz... i wanted to see him fight dillashaw so badly... barao and faber both looked less than exciting in their last fights...

cruz vs tj was the fight to make... :icon_sad:

I don't know...they're all pretty believable.....I would say the Hendricks/Lawler thing

After 2007, I knew that anything was possible in this sport.

I don't know...they're all pretty believable.....I would say the Hendricks/Lawler thing

The only thing that was really weird was CM Punk being signed. However, this is the same company that put James Toney in a PPV co-main event, so I really wouldn't put anything past them as long as it's guaranteed to stir up interest.

Honestly it's a close tie between CM Punk's signing and Joe Soto's UFC debut status. Both of those would seem completely out left field a year ago.

The Soto thing wasn't surprising at all. They had Latifi come out of the rafters to headline that Sweden card in 2013. Given the amount of events that they are running and the rate of injuries, bizarre last minute replacements are inevitable.

The Soto thing wasn't surprising at all. They had Latifi come out of the rafters to headline that Sweden card in 2013. Given the amount of events that they are running and the rate of injuries, bizarre last minute replacements are inevitable.

Yeah but that was european fight card that was on free tv.

Soto headlined a Pay per view.

Dillashaw owning Barao for 5-rounds was amazing.

Pretty sure that BJ/Frankie TUF had already been announced before January.

The hardest to believe is by far CM Punk since a year ago he was still in the WWE and the #2 face behind John Cena. Add that to the fact that as far as I knew then he had 0 background in MMA or amateur wrestling.

Trilogy fight between BJ/Frankie was already announced as I stated before so that is the easiest to believe.

I'll throw in this one:

The most watched fight on free TV would be Tito Ortiz vs Stephen Bonnar on a Bellator card.

The hardest to believe is by far CM Punk since a year ago he was still in the WWE and the #2 face behind John Cena. Add that to the fact that as far as I knew then he had 0 background in MMA or amateur wrestling.

Trilogy fight between BJ/Frankie was already announced as I stated before so that is the easiest to believe.

True, hadn't realized. The last year was a real blurr, i'll take it off the list.

I'll throw in this one:

The most watched fight on free TV would be Tito Ortiz vs Stephen Bonnar on a Bellator card.

and... i think i just found it's replacement

I meant Soto specifically.

Hardest: Dom makes it to the fight, wins impressive, and have the same injury again

Easiest: GSP isn't back

Another for the list:

The UFC with 9 champions will only be able to present 16 title fights on 45 cards; one being an interim HW title and another an inaugural women's straw weight championship.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back