Movies The Dark Knight vs Infinity War

That's a bit off the mark. I am not about dogging that film, but rather parsing out the criticism that you did not understand initially. We're working through that. It's perfectly valid to say TDK is the best movie ITT and the best comic book movie too. Lots of people think that.

Fair enough, can you clarify what i was taking literally and refusing to hear? What i understood was that its inconsistent and other areas are much weaker than the joker.

Yes I agree with that, Joker is the engine. I'm staying that's not a weakness of the movie, that's how it was meant to be seen.

When arnold is not on screen in Terminator 2 people are waiting for him to come back.
I see what he is saying.

A better comparison would be Silence of the Lambs without Hannibal. You would still have a great movie, it would hurt the movie though. The Dark Knight would suffer far more if you removed Ledgers Joker. Not just the story, but when he isn’t on screen. Still a great movie. But I get it, Ledger turned a 8/10 into a 9.5/10.

Fair enough, can you clarify what i was taking literally and refusing to hear? What i understood was that its inconsistent and other areas are much weaker than the joker.
It's the pitfall of all words. We can only read what we see, and sometimes the meaning is a bit different. The words are an expression, sometimes a poor depiction of what is meant.

In this case the criticism isn't about removing one aspect, or singing it out. It's more like trying to convey a sense that's not easily put into words.

The real mistake is getting lost in an interpretation that doesn't exist. This is something we all do. Most frequently when someone asks a rhetorical question as a sarcastic joke, but then someone answers not realizing it was a joke.

Last edited:
The Dark Knight is much better as a standalone film. With Infinity Wars it's practically required you see the previous films and isn't as impactful without.

Infinity War is the better movie.

Dark Knight falls flater on every scene the Joker is not in. Heath was absolutely amazing and deserves the Oscar whether he died or not. The scenes he's not in and there's quite a lot of them are meh. Changing Rachel's Actress to Maggie was a constant distraction for me and I didn't think two face was very good.

I never understand why you'd want to take out the best part of the movie to judge it. It was essentially the joker's movie he was always the central character. Batman, gordon and the rest were the supporting cast.

If you take out daniel plainview from there will be blood it's a pretty shit movie. Put him back in and its a masterpiece.
There is a lot of time without Joker in the movie. The whole two-face angle could have been removed to make for more focus on Joker.

Dark Knight because its not absolute dog shit

I like both a lot, but infinity war is a movie you watch because of the cool special effects. The dark knight has a better story with 10 times better acting.

Alot of it does I think come down to tone, basically brightly colored comic films with over the top characters and comedy are "for kids".

that is right but the thinking is so far removed from reality that it is hard to imagine actually thinking it. marvel movies are deeply meaningful and are sometimes even the most directly demonstrative of the values and character traits that we as a society value and promote.

when people say they are meaningless i think what they mean is the form meaning is communicated in is more important than meaning itself. i cant get behind that because its just a matter of taste.

I like both a lot, but infinity war is a movie you watch because of the cool special effects. The dark knight has a better story with 10 times better acting.
But it’s not really. The reason why Infinity War is usually brought up with these is it has a great story and some decent acting (yes not as good as Dark Knights). It’s not just cool special effects or else it wouldn’t stand out with the other 20 MCU movies and we could bring up Age of Ultron as the comparison, but that one was actually meh with good special effects.

IW impressed me with the way it was able to juggle so many storylines and characters. Far and away the best Avengers movie. However TDK is easily the greatest comic book movie ever made and far above IW. Batman Begins is above it as well. A fairer comparison would probably be TDKR vs IW. Nolan's just a superior filmmaker to those at Marvel and his movies aren't cluttered with terrible video game looking CGI and the same cookie cutter humor.

<LikeReally5>{<huh}
I like TDKR but it's not even close to IW

IMDB
TDKR - 8.4
IW - 8.4

Metacritic
TDKR - 78 Critics, 8.2 Audience
IW - 68 Critics, 8.7 Audience

Rotten Tomatoes
TDKR - 87 Critics, 90 Audience
IW - 85 Critics, 91 Audience

Not even close....

infinity war > dark night > endgame

Infinity War peiced together extremely well for having like 20 characters. Endgame was good but felt like it didn't know what it was. Is this Ocean's 11 or a team desperate for a chance? The battles weren't as good in my opinion due to inconsistancies in character abilities and characters getting shoe horned for the final battle.

IMDB
TDKR - 8.4
IW - 8.4

Metacritic
TDKR - 78 Critics, 8.2 Audience
IW - 68 Critics, 8.7 Audience

Rotten Tomatoes
TDKR - 87 Critics, 90 Audience
IW - 85 Critics, 91 Audience

Not even close....
If you did a poll it wouldn't be close

Forum statistics