• Dark Knight

• Dark Knight Rises

• None

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Good The Bad The HBK

Pitbull Owner
Platinum Member
Reaction score

I'm 15 mins into this now and really enjoying it. Thought id share if anyone else loves the trilogy and hasn't watched this yet.

Batman Begins is my favorite. Absolutely fantastic from beginning to end.

TDK is awesome but there were a few minor things that put it slightly below BB for me. Still great though.

TDKR was trash and an embarrassment to the previous two films.

JJ-Kwong-Red-CMYK-Values.jpg

BOTMON!

JJ-Kwong-Red-CMYK-Values.jpg

Last edited:
It's hard for me to nail down a favorite,

Pros/Cons
Batman Begins. I do love the training at League of Shadows as it shows how he became a bad ass. Of the three it is the most focused on Bruce and it has the most simpleCity. Discard and Scarecrow were good.
I do think it gets sort of wierd and emphasizes the bats thing too much, the escape thing from the Asylum when the bats raid the place was cheesy and unrealistic. They could of been a bit more swift with the 8 year old and 22 year old parts. The end of the movie seems rushed as there are still League members in the city I guess they just gave up (good luck arresting those guys). Batman action scenes are too quick and cutty.

The Dark Knight. It was good that they could get to the meat of the plot right away. Ledger as Joker was phenomenal and would actually be even more enjoyable had he not tragically died. The chase sequence on the lower fifth was awesome. And it didn't have a doomsday plot the Mob just wanted to raise hell.
But it doesn't have a typical structure, despite being unpredictable and cool the scenes in this movie dont mesh together. The movie feels long and crazy almost incoherent.
The TDK Rises.
Simply put really bad ass with a good ending but it's also just too severe, tedious and long.

I say The Dark Knight just because its wild and has a fascinating villain without a doomsday plot. Despite not having a clean narrative.

It's hard for me to nail down a favorite,

Pros/Cons
Batman Begins. I do love the training at League of Shadows as it shows how he became a bad ass. Of the three it is the most focused on Bruce and it has the most simpleCity. Discard and Scarecrow were good.
I do think it gets sort of wierd and emphasizes the bats thing too much, the escape thing from the Asylum when the bats raid the place was cheesy and unrealistic. They could of been a bit more swift with the 8 year old and 22 year old parts. The end of the movie seems rushed as there are still League members in the city I guess they just gave up (good luck arresting those guys). Batman action scenes are too quick and cutty.

The Dark Knight. It was good that they could get to the meat of the plot right away. Ledger as Joker was phenomenal and would actually be even more enjoyable had he not tragically died. The chase sequence on the lower fifth was awesome. And it didn't have a doomsday plot the Mob just wanted to raise hell.
But it doesn't have a typical structure, despite being unpredictable and cool the scenes in this movie dont mesh together. The movie feels long and crazy almost incoherent.
The TDK Rises.
Simply put really bad ass with a good ending but it's also just too severe, tedious and long.

I say The Dark Knight just because its wild and has a fascinating villain without a doomsday plot. Despite not having a clean narrative.
reported*

for telling the truth when i couldnt handle it.

All 3 are good but also waaay overrated.

Heath Ledger made an otherwise cheesy TDK into a great movie.

Reactions: Zer
Picked Begins as my favorite. It was the Batman movie I always wanted. A true origin story. Had two great villains we hadn't seen on the big screen yet. Amazing cast.

The Dark Knight is probably the best movie in the bunch. Definitely has the tightest script but the final act is kind of weak.

Rises is a hot mess.

The Dark Knight is the only movie I really liked. The others were just ok.

Dark Knight
Batman Begins

As far as I'm concerned, Rises doesn't exist. It's such a POS terrible movie.

The dark knight rises was the best movie theater experience in my life. From beginning to end I loved every second of it.

When I watched it several more times I enjoyed it less and less but the first time it was the best I ever had.

<Fedor23>

TDK has always been my favorite movie.

Now it's in the top 10, arguably 2nd or 7th depend on what day I am on I guess.

It does have a few errors but otherwise it’s as perfect as a CBM you can get. After 12 years it’s still the best cbm imo, nothing Marvel did compares to it.

- 3 character arcs
- best villain ever
- best side villain ever
- great storyline, unpredictable filled with epic moments
- great directing
- great soundtrack
- great cinematography
- it does have depth and themes and they’re handled well
- amazing opening scene
- amazing ending scene
- good fights.

I give a pass to these supposed flaws I kinda noticed and the script does not suffer from any plot hole but yeah it’s really a stellar piece of cinema.

My top 5:

1. Shawshank
2. Dark knight
3. The departed
4. Whiplash
5. Terminator 2 judgement day

Back