The Dark Knight is such a bloated movie

I am just sitting here and wondering how the hell you remember all the scenes and movies you watched like 3,4,5,6 years ago. I cant remember shit like so much unimportant informations. I am heavy fan of this trology only, in every movie there is some off-plot scenes to add some extra minutes to rest your eyes and for beter understanding of the story so far. You can look at it as sa period or comma in a sentence.

The movie should have just been all about Batman, Joker, Harvey Dent. What is with all this extra stuff? Does Nolan not have confidence in his material that he feels the need to just keep adding and adding and adding all this additional side stories? They made it all ridiculous and overblown and illogical.

Here's what I would have done - take out all of the Hong Kong stuff, all of the boat stuff, all of the cell phone GPS stuff. Just literally remove it and remove all connecting threads to it. You'd be left with a 124 minute movie that would blow by you like an efficient hurricane of cinematic badassery.

I agree with a your recent post on movies even though your post don't present an easy argument to make your point.

I would have left the Hong Kong scene in but I would have taken out the Two Face and Harvey Dent stuff. A lot of super heroes try overstretching their plots thinking you are giving more bang for the audience's buck. Honestly, I get just as much out of watching all the Joker clips on youtube as rewatching DKR. Batman Begins is the best in that series though on multiple viewings. It is tight as fuck and is the best origin super hero story next to Iron Man. DKR is really just a fluffed up Heath Ledger Joke acting tryout piece.

Nolan is too in love with his movies to kill his babies, cut footage from the film. I like his movies and he does a lot of neat things but what he doesn't do a lot of times is tighten that shit up.

Batman Begins is the best of the Nolan Trilogy. Best plot, best writing, best acting of the series. Plus, it had the lovely Katie Holmes.

You can't take Dent out. Dent was Jokers whole plan to ruin Gotham. He knew he could use Dent to destroy Gothams beacon of hope then get to Batman by proxy through Rachel through Dent.

Itt it's obvious TDK went over people's heads

I see your 5 and raise you a 3

Never+Rarely+Sometimes+Always+New+York+Screening+Fg-U0MLhDtzl.jpg
Jesus. Wtf happened? Was she 30 going on 70?

One of the #1 things that brings down any super hero movie is trying to shoehorn in so many villains. It almost never ends well. Spiderman movies have always been bad when they do this.

It was bad in this movie as well and I didn't understand why they even wanted to do it. They had such a great story line do #3 with 2 face and not dad bod Bane and were good to go.

I wonder how The Dark Knight would be viewed if Heath was still alive?

I can understand why people love it, but I can also understand why people would think it's overrated.

It was supposed to be a shorter movie and Dent would return in the sequel as Two Face but Nolan said he didn't want to make a bridge type movie and wanted as much conclusion as possible.

It flows well watching it at home but at the theater I watched a 1030 PM showing and I remember looking at my watch a few times. I appreciate the performances much more now.

I’d take it even further: I liked Nicholson’s joker better than Ledger’s.
I think they were both flawless performances of the specific interpretations of the Joker they were aiming for. Joaquin's too.

Devito's Penguin was a hell of a lot better than the Scarecrow and Bane we got in the Nolanverse though.

This is a good 11min dive into what makes TDK work. Ledger's individual performance was obviously tremendous, but the patient and nuanced story development was also brilliant. It was a constant escalation of choices the Joker was forcing Batman to make until ultimately...

"Batman becomes the Dark Knight because of the Joker"

It was a story about how Batman changed, and how the Joker forced that change

At about 6:30 in it discusses the significance of the ferry plotline

Last edited:
I agree bro. And because of all the pointless, dreary shit they put in they end up in a desperate rush to kill off Two Face. So he gets like a 15 minute lifespan and dies like a total jobber (This is the same dude they've been building towards for 2 hours)

Take out Ledger's 20 mins of screentime it's a 3 star movie at best
<mma4> sherbros accurate analysis is accurate.

What I don't get about the Nolan batman is you know he's not going to kill you right? So why would you be scared of him? All the criminals run around acting terrified of a guy who presents no mortal threat. Part of the reason I liked Affleck's Batman, that bit at the start of Batman vs Superman where the girls he's saving are scared to leave the cage because he's still there...that's a scary Batman.

I kind of agree. But truth is, the dark knight is a movie that needed to have a sequel in respect to the storyline of Joker/Two-face and Batman. In the dark night rises, you have Bane and Talia. Talia reveals her antagonistic position at the very end. So the majority is about Bane. Meanwhile, a batman movie with two iconic antagonist is difficult to pull because one of them is in early stage and the other has a mysterious background.

The new joker movie made Dark Knight problematic. Arthur is too different from ledger joker. Ledger joker is confident, has fighting skills and knows how to use weapon and keeps himself composed at all times like there is nothing that can get to him. Arthur joker was clumsy, angry at the world, incompetent, beaten down by life and had no martial arts skills nor did he have any knowledge when it came to science like chemistry or biology.

Chris Nolan makes another bloated snooze-fest shock horror.

You can't take Dent out. Dent was Jokers whole plan to ruin Gotham. He knew he could use Dent to destroy Gothams beacon of hope then get to Batman by proxy through Rachel through Dent.

Itt it's obvious TDK went over people's heads

I think the usual complaint is that Eckhart was wrong for the part (disagree) or that it was too rushed/shoehorned in.

I actually think we got just the right amount of Two Face and that it was all set up well and executed well.

For me, the two best scenes in the film are the interrogation room scene which is just Nolan at top form and the scene where Joker speaks with Dent in the hospital. There’s plenty of other awesome ones (including action set pieces like the armored car scene and the Pruitt building scene) but those two scenes for me are just great work from Ledger, Bale, and Eckhart.

What I don't get about the Nolan batman is you know he's not going to kill you right? So why would you be scared of him? All the criminals run around acting terrified of a guy who presents no mortal threat. Part of the reason I liked Affleck's Batman, that bit at the start of Batman vs Superman where the girls he's saving are scared to leave the cage because he's still there...that's a scary Batman.

Batfleck was a bulldozer

People can say what they will about the movie, but this scene is the best fight scene in any Batman film to date, in my opinion.

Affleck was also just quite good in the role overall.

You can't go wrong with Keats, Bale or Affleck in my opinion. There have been more very good Batmen than bad ones.

Back