The Dark Knight is such a bloated movie

Drain Bamage

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The movie should have just been all about Batman, Joker, Harvey Dent. What is with all this extra stuff? Does Nolan not have confidence in his material that he feels the need to just keep adding and adding and adding all this additional side stories? They made it all ridiculous and overblown and illogical.

Here's what I would have done - take out all of the Hong Kong stuff, all of the boat stuff, all of the cell phone GPS stuff. Just literally remove it and remove all connecting threads to it. You'd be left with a 124 minute movie that would blow by you like an efficient hurricane of cinematic badassery.

The boat scene and the ending stunk imo. Too much going on with the Dent plot point at the end

I agree bro. And because of all the pointless, dreary shit they put in they end up in a desperate rush to kill off Two Face. So he gets like a 15 minute lifespan and dies like a total jobber (This is the same dude they've been building towards for 2 hours)

Take out Ledger's 20 mins of screentime it's a 3 star movie at best

You shut your Whore Mouth

I liked that Batman showcased how capable he was going all the way to Hong Kong to get Lau but then back home when he feels he is on the verge of saving Gotham , boom the Joker shows up and totally fucks with him , the interrogation room scene is excellent, no matter how strong Batman is Joker played him like a fiddle and got him so emotional that he didn't even consider the possibility of the Joker feeding him the wrong location for Rachel.

I can understand why people love it, but it didn’t blow me away IMO it’s a film built on an amazing performance rather than an amazing film.

I really don't get why people fanboy over this film so much, it was my least favourite of the trilogy for all the reasons already outlined by above posters.

I used to think it was a botched edit because Ledger died during production, but apparently they'd already finished filming so I guess Nolan just wanted it that way.

The Dent part was rush at the end.

Could / should have been a part 1 & 2.

I can understand why people love it, but it didn’t blow me away IMO it’s a film built on an amazing performance rather than an amazing film.

To be fair there's good stuff in it not involving Ledgers performance but I think Nolan generally struggles to bring focus to his films, part of why people take the piss out of the overdramatic Zimmer soundtracks is that they end up being over scenes that don't really justify the tension.

I honestly didn't think there was that much difference between TDK and TDKR, the former a bit overrated, the latter a bit underrated.

Same problem with most Batman movies imo

It was phenomenal on first viewing when you're really blown away by Ledger's performance and you don't think so much about plot details. Upon rewatch, the holes are more apparent and it is too long. Batman isn't particularly captivating in it either, Batman Begins to me is a better "Batman" movie.

The Dark Knight is the most overrated movie in recent history. The plot is ridiculous and stupid, and the acting, except for Heath’s performance, is crap.

I'm just here for the tantrums.

giphy.gif

I wish Rachel was actually hot

Harvey dent WAS the extra stuff. They should've saved him for the next one, but instead killed him and made rocky 3 instead

It's a pretty great movie. The boat scene was probably a miss but other than that an incredible movie start to finish. And i mean right from the start, that opening scene.

If you get to nit picking you can do that with almost any great movie or piece of content. But what Nolan did with begins and TDK is incredible given where the franchise was when he got to it.

I liked the boat scene. It doesn't have the same suspense watching it twice, but the first time watching it was pretty intense.

Harvey Dent towards the end was pure savage. The only thing that sucked about Harvey's death was the "not a hero" monologue and dorky way batman ran off afterwards.

Joker was everything memorable about that film. The side cast had some pretty interesting moments as well, though not enough to carry the movie on their own. The main character (Batman) was completely uninteresting.

I agree with what some people itt has already said: Harvey Dent was being built up to become a good antagonist in the next movie. They should have made him a bit more formidable (and potentially menacing), and dropped clear hints that he survived in the end of Dark Knight. He'd have an interesting ideological clash with Batman. They ought to have gotten another actor though.

I really like Bane in the third movie, but beside Hardy's performance there wasn't much going on.

Back