The Dannis Effect

TBH, Khabib can smash Dannis as well. He's got nothing for him.

Khabib's gnp is on another level. This isn't Chad Mendez on top of you, it's a fckin Russian bear!

The only way I see Conor winning is if he ko's Khabib early. If this fight hits the mat even once it's over. Conor will either get finished or be beat up and gassed to sh!t..
Think you're buying a different PPV.
Gay_Bear_Mechanic.jpg

Something no one is bringing up. Conor's been training 1 on 1 with Dillion for a while now, Dillion being a no-gi world champ and a brown belt world champ. Its going to be a much bigger factor then people realize. His ground game will obviously be better then years ago.

Chad the best FW wrestler went less than 50% td success on Conor. Alverez, who cage fucked pettis, couldnt even get Conor down.

Khabib had early success grappling against Al but started have some issues and telegraphing his shots in the later rounds. His wrestling definatly didnt look unstoppable in that fight.

This gonna be like every other Conor fight, people hyping up his opponent, underestimating his skills/growth, then Conor tko/kos him and everybody will call khabib a bum with no boxing who couldnt even takedown Al at will.

Diazchoke.jpg guys out there. Its no suprise, Diaz is a ceaser gracie black belt with the most sub ufc wins behind royce gracie. His career was made on taking shots, drowning guys with output, then subbing em when they made a mistake.

Danis is good. I'm sure Conor's ground game will improve. But you have to train very specifically for Khabib's takedown style and top game style. It's not enough to just get good at jiu jitstu. It's gotta be situationally relevant.

I think Khabib will be able to hold Conor down and just maul him. And I don't expect him to be like Alvarez and try to box Conor up. Khabib is horrible in the stand up, specially compared to Conor.

But once he get's Conor down, I doubt he'll stand up. It's not even about the threat of a submission, which Conor can improve a lot training with Dillon, is more like Khabib just grinding him out round after round.

Lol it's Conor vs Mayweather all over again, where his fans said he's been training to beat Mayweather for 2 years now and brought in some great boxers to help him *tighten his game*. News flash; even if you had every single BJJ master helping you train for 1 year it still isn't enough to make up for years and years of experience competing in matches against other high level grapplers.

Dilon Dildo is most likely helping him learn how to escape from the bottom

But.

Khabib punches you when he grapples you. That's the difference.

And yeah, he uses the cage against you. He's a superb grappler, but it should be noted that he fucks people up under very certain conditions.

I thought the Dannis Effect was when you decide to copy Conor's fashion style, but somehow make it even douchier.

Stop it now.. Conor has no cardio, horrible wrestling, and a shit ground game. How could Sherdog be wrong?

Mendes took that fight on a weeks notice and gassed and Eddie let Conor get in his head and threw his game plan out the window.
Dannis might be good at BJJ but he's a nobody in MMA.

Chad Got blasted to the body in that fight. Kicked and punched to the ribs. That takes away from your cardio.

Khabib's gnp is on another level. This isn't Chad Mendez on top of you, it's a fckin Russian bear!

The only way I see Conor winning is if he ko's Khabib early. If this fight hits the mat even once it's over. Conor will either get finished or be beat up and gassed to sh!t..

Al Got taken down like 10 times and at no point was he close to being finished. He got beat up, but not so badly that the fight was ever in danger of being stopped.. Not so badly his corner was ever going to throw in the towel. Why do people make this assumption that Conor can’t do anything on the ground and will just take a beating? He lost one fight in the UFC, where he got rocked on the feet and then choked out. He wasn’t taken down from the opening bell and beat up mercilessly on the ground.

Conor's distance management is quite good, and his anti-wrestling is reasonable. Not great, but reasonable.

On the ground vs Khabib, I think his ceiling would be stalling him out on the ground and minimizing damage.

He isn't going to sweep Khabib or threaten him with submissions at all.

Khabib has been wrestling bears since a kid. No fucking way Conor does something to him on the ground unless he seriously hurts him on the feet.

Conor has very underrated TD defense, but if he can’t hurt Khabib standing its only a matter of time.

What really worries me is Conor’s cardio; if Khabib controls this fight he’ll wear Conor down fast.

The point is mcgregors ground game wasnt terrible to begin with, hes had years to work on it at this point and working with a no-gi world champ is better then the sbg bums he usually trains with

I like Conor, but Khabib is going to beat him, Mendes dominated McGregor on the ground, and Khabib is like a leech, Conor will not be able to get up once taken down, garunteed.

Yep judge him ago fight 3 years ago that while mendes took short notice, Conor wasnt training for a top level wrestler.

What is a Ceaser Gracie? Some kind of a fancy name for a Gracie Hunter, a Sakuraba...?

Back