The Daily Show: Comedy satire? Or Leftist Propaganda?

It's actually quite simple. Comedians make fun of people who deserve to be made fun of...like Republicans
Democrats setting themselves on fire whilst trying to burn the American flag ...

BLM are interrupting gay pride marches and making Sanders cower away like an old geriatric ...

.... If anyone deserves to be made fun of ...

Do you think people watching the daily show are undecided voters, AND so dumb they're just waiting for someone to tell them what to do? These are left leaning voters who dislike the conservative party. They were never going to vote trump

I'm sure at least some are.

As for fox being biased, fox and cnn are main stream media outlets. Daily show is supposed to be comedy/satire

I'm sure at least some are.

As for fox being biased, fox and cnn are main stream media outlets. Daily show is supposed to be comedy/satire

So ... you're saying a comedy show should be MORE unbiased than the news? Why would you assume that?

Again you could make the same thread about limbaugh, maher, fox news, huffington post, oprah, snl, etc.

Everyone has an agenda. You act like these shows are targeted to five year olds. The target demo for these programs is adults. People know they're not getting a neutral pov from media or tv shows, unless they're complete morons. They're purposely looking for content that echos their opinions.

So ... you're saying a comedy show should be MORE unbiased than the news? Why would you assume that?

Again you could make the same thread about limbaugh, maher, fox news, huffington post, oprah, snl, etc.

Everyone has an agenda. You act like these shows are targeted to five year olds. The target demo for these programs is adults. People know they're not getting a neutral pov from media or tv shows, unless they're complete morons. They're purposely looking for content that echos their opinions.
They are just so blatant doe.

The daily show under John Stewart was "left leaning", I will admit that. He made fun of both parties, both candidates, and he never flat out told people how to vote.

A comedy show should be about comedy ... Trevor Noah isn't that funny, he is quote mining and deliberately misrepresenting Trump and basically telling people how to vote.

MSM can't get away with that much misrepresentation under the guise of "humor"... But the daily show can, as its "just a joke" ... Apparently.

There is a difference between comedy and straight propaganda ... The clip in the OP is straight propaganda.

They are just so blatant doe.

The daily show under John Stewart was "left leaning", I will admit that. He made fun of both parties, both candidates, and he never flat out told people how to vote.

A comedy show should be about comedy ... Trevor Noah isn't that funny, he is quote mining and deliberately misrepresenting Trump and basically telling people how to vote.

MSM can't get away with that much misrepresentation under the guise of "humor"... But the daily show can, as its "just a joke" ... Apparently.

There is a difference between comedy and straight propaganda ... The clip in the OP is straight propaganda.

You just seem to be holding them to a higher standard than news outlets BECAUSE they're a comedy show. Doesn't make sense to me.

They're definitely biased, but all mainstream media is. Like I said there's tons of examples of bias on both sides in various shows.

I remember a time conservative were not such whiny cucks.
Man all conservatives do is bitch about the left and their media.
Trevor Noah host the Daily Show, of fucking course he is going to lean left.
It is like a liberal bitching about Dumbass Sean Hannity.

It always had a left lean to it. The difference now with Noah is it isn't funny.

Trevor Noah doesn't possess the passion, intellect, or body of knowledge to fill Stewart's shoes. The show is a shadow of its former self, and a major disappointment. Every time I watch a clip, now, it feels like I'm being inculcated. I can smell the propaganda.

But he is still a great suckup and propaganda tool for the left just like Stewart. Plus he has street cred.

You already know the answer. John Oliver, John Stewart, and Stephen Colbert are hardcore liberals. They don't try to hide it. It doesn't make them bad people, it make them bias people. They are to be compared to the Bill O'reillys of the world. They just happen to be good comedic writers. lol

I mean I wouldn't expect you to back up that lie, anyway
It's not a lie. It was a treasonous comment. The context is straightforward, and so is the target of his comment.
Left leaning. He basically said that "you don't really have a choice" I.e. Vote for Hillary.

Basically telling people how to vote
Kind of like how Trump "basically" told Russia to hack an American Cabinet Secretary?

You don't get it both ways, guys.

It's not a lie. It was a treasonous comment. The context is straightforward, and so is the target of his comment.
What makes you think, at all, he is calling for a hack? He is clearly asking them to release what MAY have been hacked in the past off her private server that gucifer2 already hacked. That email server is long offline, so he's clearly not calling for any additional hacking. You're being obtuse as fuck.

It's akin to asking someone to show you what they stole from someone else last year. It's not at all asking them to go steal anything.

What makes you think, at all, he is calling for a hack? He is clearly asking them to release what MAY have been hacked in the past off her private server that gucifer2 already hacked. That email server is long offline, so he's clearly not calling for any additional hacking. You're being obtuse as fuck.

It's akin to asking someone to show you what they stole from someone else last year. It's not at all asking them to go steal anything.
What makes you guys think Noah is soliciting votes for Clinton in this video?

We can dance this dance all day.

What makes you guys think Noah is soliciting votes for Clinton in this video?

We can dance this dance all day.
Firstly, you are deflecting because you realize you are wrong.

Secondly, What makes you think I think that?
I never said that. Can you link me to a time I ever said that?

you on the other hand seeem to have read a quote of him calling for a hack. I'd like to know what quote has you to convinced, because we already know you couldn't have gotten that from the previously mentioned quote.

Firstly, you are deflecting because you realize you are wrong.
No, I'm not. It's a pity that it isn't obvious what I'm doing, but I suppose that shouldn't surprise me considering the power of your confirmation bias. I'm being cheeky to make a point. If you want to be intellectually dishonest, because you're so desperate and zombified that you'd deny Trump was clearly importuning the same Russian hackers who broke into the DNC to take similar measures to unearth classified US material for no other purpose than to cause his political opponent harm, then one can do the same thing with clips like the one in the OP.

I'm not someone who is intellectually dishonest, but I can play the part in balanced contrast to exhibit the idiocy of those who are. The thing that should concern you, if you can gain the perspective to achieve it, is that I'm only playing dumb.

No, I'm not. It's a pity that it isn't obvious what I'm doing, but I suppose that shouldn't surprise me considering the power of your confirmation bias. I'm being cheeky to make a point. If you want to be intellectually dishonest, because you're so desperate and zombified that you'd deny Trump was clearly importuning the same Russian hackers who broke into the DNC to take similar measures to unearth classified US material for no other purpose than to cause his political opponent harm, then one can do the same thing with clips like the one in the OP.

I'm not someone who is intellectually dishonest, but I can play the part in balanced contrast to exhibit the idiocy of those who are. The thing that should concern you, if you can gain the perspective to achieve it, is that I'm only playing dumb.
See, this is what you should back pedal and change your stance to

"While Trump never out right calls for additional hacking, he is clearly calling for Russia's illegal espionage to benefit him in his campaign. It is abhorrent that he is calling for criminals to help him defeat Hillary and only shows how desperate he is becoming

Even if Russia were to release these emails, they would hold no weight in any court of law. They wouldn't have had a chain of custody that would allow them to be admissible and Donald cannot hide behind trying to bring justice to the crimes Hillary might have committed, because it would be purely for his political gain

by making that comment he is basically telling Russia "go ahead, spy on us, interfere in our elections, as long as it benefits me I don't care". Which is obviously a terrible message for a presidential candidate to make even in jest. What Donald doesn't realize, is that Russia only is looking to prop him up as president because they realize he will destroy America's position in the geopolitical landscape, not because Putin likes him "

It's not too late to admit he never called for additional hacking. you are being cheeky, "playing" dumb, and attacking me as being intellectually dishonest because you have no substance to back up your claim that he's calling for additional hacking.

Last edited:
It always had a left lean to it. The difference now with Noah is it isn't funny.
This. Also, Stewart had some heart and authenticity, where as Noah is like a pre-packaged political tool, made to replace Stewart as a leftist propaganda machine. Stewart may have been a leftist, but he had years to adapt and organize his political leanings while not being 100% forceful in his approach (he made as much fun of MSNBC and CNN as he did FOX). Trevor just oozes puppetry.

Leftist propaganda, but I don't mind because it's a political show. The Seth Meyers thing was annoying though, which is not a political show.

Leftist propaganda, but I don't mind because it's a political show. The Seth Meyers thing was annoying though, which is not a political show.

I don't like propaganda under the guise of comedy. I mean, it should at least be funny. And how do these "comedians" live with themselves. I'd be ashamed if I were such a sellout.
"Hey"... ermmm, lol?

Back