The customer is always right!

eternaldarkness

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
i'm not really sure why people get mad at fans that demand action in fights, the reality is they wouldn't even be there if it wasn't for the paying customers. people have every right to boo and demand action, there is absolutely no reason why they have to appreciate the "technique" of a fighter dancing around playing a glorified version of patty cake. i have seen a number of modern fights that would have been stopped in the old days and called a no contest for not fighting.
it might surprise some people that have done a little amateur boxing training, but not all fans that go the events are meatheads with no knowledge, the reality is quite the opposite. the more boxing you watch the more expectant you become of action/entertainment. the horrible truth is i have a hard time even watching a lot of modern boxing as it bores me too much. i'm not saying that of all modern matches, we still have plenty of gems like inoue vs donaire but unfortunately we have too many dull fights like canelo vs kovalev. the reality is if canelo wasn't so popular the average fan would have booed him out of the joint.

I like the high level chess matches most. Whether it's high paced or slow. I like watching real boxers break people down.

I am a kid from the Floyd Mayweather generation who got into boxing by watching Floyd play defense and counter and slowly pick opponents apart for 12 rounds...i can literally watch Usyk or Andrade jab in circles all night and enjoy it

Old fighters were methodical too though. Jack Johnson springs to mind

Ironically Kovalev vs Canelo looked like it could have happened about 80 years ago in my opinion

Lol that's the fucking worst

There's nothing tactical or technical about a guy with a huge height advantage just running and jabbing for 12 rounds
When monsters like myself, Demetrius and Oleksandr face creampuffs like you, we just jab your bitchass face off for 36 minutes

When monsters like myself, Demetrius and Oleksandr face creampuffs like you, we just jab your bitchass face off for 36 minutes
No, you tickle my nose for a few minutes before I lay you stiff with an overhand

No, you tickle my nose for a few minutes before I lay you stiff with an overhand
You'd resort to dirty tactics like Salido because I'm too slick and quick when i move and groove

I like the high level chess matches most. Whether it's high paced or slow. I like watching real boxers break people down.

I am a kid from the Floyd Mayweather generation who got into boxing by watching Floyd play defense and counter and slowly pick opponents apart for 12 rounds...i can literally watch Usyk or Andrade jab in circles all night and enjoy it

Old fighters were methodical too though. Jack Johnson springs to mind
with johnson it was all parry, parry, cliche and then uppercuts of death. he barely bases for what we know as boxing, but he possessed the most destructive cliche game i have ever seen. the only one that comes even close would be henry armstrong.

Ironically Kovalev vs Canelo looked like it could have happened about 80 years ago in my opinion
not sure if serious. they probably would have called it a no contest. it was actually fairly common back in the day. i have seen old fights that constantly fell into cliches and got boring, but i have never seen someone follow their opponent around that much without letting their hands go.

with johnson it was all parry, parry, cliche and then uppercuts of death. he barely bases for what we know as boxing, but he possessed the most destructive cliche game i have ever seen. the only one that comes even close would be henry armstrong.
Johnson was the first version of Floyd Mayweather. Both Pretty Boy Floyd and Money Mayweather....both personas have a lot of his characteristics. I always wondered if it was on purpose but unlikely.

He even fought like a raw unevolved version of Floyd....he held his lead hand low and everything. It's kind of weird. He'd counter and immediately clinch up and oftentimes made faces in clinches. Sound familiar?

not sure if serious. they probably would have called it a no contest. it was actually fairly common back in the day. i have seen old fights that constantly fell into cliches and got boring, but i have never seen someone follow their opponent around that much without letting their hands go.
A big man pawing off the back foot with a guy 50 pounds smaller lunging forward happened on the reg in the 30s and 40s

I like the Canelo vs Kovalev fight. Watched it more than once and will watch again.

I don’t blame the guy sticking and moving when the one he faces can’t apply pressure properly.

I kind of agree that it’s entertainment at the end of the day, that said I find sometimes if I watch the countdown shows etc. I get really into fights I would otherwise find boring so I can’t be too critical.

At least in boxing if a guy is boxing on the backfoot there is some element of danger. In MMA there are guys who will literally just lie on top.

Sometimes a fight just sucks, thats how it is.

I respected Wladimir Klitschko as a great boxer but the way he won many of his contests breaking them down slowly by throwing a couple of shots then entering into a clinch so they couldn't respond while bearing all his weight down to tire them out, whilst it was a great strategy, it wasn't great to watch. And when they were ready for the taking he'd open up on his exhausted and mostly immobile opponent and stop them in good style. It was a winning formula but I don't know how crowd-pleasing it was. Wlad had a high stoppage percentage but the way that he achieved that number left a bad taste in your mouth.

Johnson was the first version of Floyd Mayweather. Both Pretty Boy Floyd and Money Mayweather....both personas have a lot of his characteristics. I always wondered if it was on purpose but unlikely.

He even fought like a raw unevolved version of Floyd....he held his lead hand low and everything. It's kind of weird. He'd counter and immediately clinch up and oftentimes made faces in clinches. Sound familiar?
the difference is, he would bash people stupid from the clinch. interesting point though, now you put it like that, i can see similarities. they were both defensive wizards.

I like the Canelo vs Kovalev fight. Watched it more than once and will watch again.
I liked it too, don't get why so many ppl hated it but to each their own. How old are you btw? I grew up on Floyd too. I'm 29 and the Hatton and DLH fights were two of the biggest fights I first remember being super important to me. Them and Taylor/Pavlik. Pavlik was my boy back in the day. I started watching boxing in like '05 or '06 but I really fell in love with it in '07. Been hooked ever since.

I liked it too, don't get why so many ppl hated it but to each their own. How old are you btw? I grew up on Floyd too. I'm 29 and the Hatton and DLH fights were two of the biggest fights I first remember being super important to me. Them and Taylor/Pavlik. Pavlik was my boy back in the day. I started watching boxing in like '05 or '06 but I really fell in love with it in '07. Been hooked ever since.
I'm 27...we started watching at the same time then. First huge fight i saw in real time was Floyd vs Oscar...my dad always watched friday night fights and took me to some shows when i was younger but didn't really get it until about 9th grade.

That was a great time to get into boxing

He was usually telling his "opponent" what to do next, most likely.

Back