The current Middle East mess is 100% the British's fault !!

The Sausage King

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The carving up of the Middle East on arbitrary and contentious border lines was one of the most inhumane and idiotic moves in history. These fools from the UK decided to colonize an entire region without regard to religion, culture, or politics.

I know a lot of this took a big leap forward with Bush's horrific invasion of Iraq, but ultimately, it wasn't until the British (and Europe in general) invaded the Middle East that things got really bad.

post_war_iraq.jpg

Yes, because the middle east was a haven for peace and prosperity for the 1500 years leading up to WW1. More glory to the Ottoman Empire.

The British are completely at fault for something? I smell a future Mel Gibson movie...

Yes I'm sure they would all rather be ruled by Turks again.

Yes I'm sure they would all rather be ruled by Turks again.
If they had declare their independence from the Ottomans on their own and created their on states with their own systems it might've worked out better in the end for them.

If they had declare their independence from the Ottomans on their own and created their on states with their own systems it might've worked out better in the end for them.
I agree that they'd likely have a better shot, but feel like these countries would likely fight themselves, just as they had prior to the existence of Christianity/Islam, just as they did after both those religions, and just as they do now.

Yes, because the middle east was a haven for peace and prosperity for the 1500 years leading up to WW1. More glory to the Ottoman Empire.

So? What business is it of Britain if another country wants to self destruct? Meddle with other people's affairs, expect consequences.

And Europe was "peaceful"? Really? "WORLD" war 1, 2, invasion and colonization of numerous countries across the globe with little or no provocation solely for Empire? Nuclear weapons, mass bombings with no regard for civilian casualties, Nagasaki, Hiroshima... I could go on.

The stupidity of some people in the war room is fkn astounding. People are people period, we kill, make war, and look out for our self interests regardless of culture or nation.

It takes two.

Cut Texas into two and I don't think their will be a fucking genocidal rampage in the name of the lord.

Islam is a religion of death, conquest, murder, rape. It's hard to deny both in theory and in practice that this isn't the case.

But yea, the west should just barricade the area and stay out of it. Instead we destabilize an already fucked up area, then say come on over to Europe!

Yeah people about 100 years ago should have foreseen exactly what would happen now. Assholes.

I think it was more their absurd push to form Israel that damaged that area more than anything.

That's really why they don't like us, it's not due to oil, or globalism/imperialism. We support the bully in the area, and the bully gets really wreckless knowing we have their back.

Add in Saudi Arabia and we support TWO bullies in the area.

One thing is for sure. When you lose wars plus your own territory, your life is going to suck for a long time.

It pays to be a winner.

I agree that they'd likely have a better shot, but feel like these countries would likely fight themselves, just as they had prior to the existence of Christianity/Islam, just as they did after both those religions, and just as they do now.
This idea that the Middle East is a continuous war zone is a bit inaccurate. Actually the region has found periods of stability under empires, the problem is its transition from premodern empire to modern nation states was done in a manner that created a few more challenges than the one your average nation state faces.

Under the Ottomans for instance things were fairly peaceful, more so than Europe really.

why is this cat bringing up Euro's being peaceful and Atomic bombs?

the US dropped those my dude, not the Euros

So? What business is it of Britain if another country wants to self destruct? Meddle with other people's affairs, expect consequences.

And Europe was "peaceful"? Really? "WORLD" war 1, 2, invasion and colonization of numerous countries across the globe with little or no provocation solely for Empire? Nuclear weapons, mass bombings with no regard for civilian casualties, Nagasaki, Hiroshima... I could go on.

The stupidity of some people in the war room is fkn astounding. People are people period, we kill, make war, and look out for our self interests regardless of culture or nation.
Well, the business it was of Britain was pretty obvious. There are a lot of reasons to want to control aspects of Egypt for example, of course (Suez comes to mind). I think the Treaty of Sevres (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Sèvres) would outline what their specific ambitions were.

I'd also say that given the numerous Ottoman incursions into Europe (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ottoman_wars_in_Europe) it's understandable to see why the allies broke up the empire. They also were quite reasonable to the Turks (eventually) during the creation of Turkey as a buffer to Russian black sea ambitions.

I'm curious, as to when I ever suggested Europe was a peaceful place, though. Evidently, you also seem to think we as a society have learned nothing from the misgivings of our past.

Back