ehxsur

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Now Pavlovich is the new HW goat, many thread saying

Ngannou < Pav

Gane < Pav

Jones dont want that Pav smoke, blablabla

Please come on, Pav is doing a great run so far, he is dangerous and finish fights fast, but why people are rushing like that?

He beat Tai who is dangerous but a fatty guy, ngannou and gane are athletic as fuck, more mobility, it will not be as easy as knocking out fatass like tai or derrick

Discuss

Last edited:
I think Gane beats him. Maybe even Blaydes or Aspinall if Tom can get his knee fixed up properly. Against Francis likely be some sort of pick em where they're either going to stare at each other, or end up in a pure fire fight. And I think either guy given their physical traits has a pretty fair shot in both scenarios. I definitely don't feel like Sergei is suddenly just going walk through everybody though. The way he dispatched Lewis, and Tai was very impressive don't get me wrong. But they're guys that the ultra aggressive whip power punches style against are coin flip fights at worst,but probably just in Sergei's favor because of how physically imposing he is. Those are match ups right up his alley. But Gane, Blaydes, and Aspinall are all guys who have theoretical work arounds to just pure aggression while being fairly big and physically impressive themselves. But at worst he has a big punchers chance against all those guys bare minimum. That guy touches you even somewhat decently you're in trouble with the onslaught he can follow it with.

Pavlovich has replaced Poatan as flavour of the month. Give it til the next big card and it will be somebody else for a bit.

I've heard rumors before....I just never thought recency bias was a real thing.

It's HW. He swings hard and he isn't afraid to mix it up in the pocket. I wouldn't have him favored over Frank/Gane/Blaydes; but I wouldn't be surprised if he starched any of those guys either

I thought this is going to be a thread about how many times the commentary team has this year said “ this is the best fight I have ever seen”

Give him Curtis Blaydes, if he gets by Custis then it'll kinda erase the Overeem lose because Curtis will try to take him down and GnP him to death too just like what Overeem did.

Yeah, that’s not how that works in my mind. You watch the fight. You think he did “this, this, and this right.”

But you also say he did “this, this and this wrong”.

I was impressed by Pavlovich’s performance. But at the same time. Tai achieved a top 3 ranking from one single fight. He went from r11, to r3, or some shit.

I think he’s fun to watch. But at the end of the day. He is not a legit top 5 HW.

And Pavlovich is clearly no joke. But every step up comes with inherent dangers, and challenges.

Pavlovich appears to be the real deal. I’m looking forward to whom, or what comes next.

Just a few months ago Aspinall was the world-wrecker waiting to take over the belt for life.

Now where is he? In the Sherdog-house

The same will happen to Pavlov Dog when he doesn't live up to the hype.

Pavlovich has replaced Poatan as flavour of the month. Give it til the next big card and it will be somebody else for a bit.
Poatan is a kickboxing champion, defeated the MW champion (one of the most dominant guys in the UFC ) for third time, I don't see any similarity between his hype and Pavlovich.

Ngannou < Pav

Gane < Pav

Please come on, Pav is doing a great run so far, he is dangerous and finish fights fast, but why people are rushing like that?

He beat Tai who is dangerous but a fatty guy, ngannou and gane are athletic as fuck, more mobility, it will not be as easy as knocking out fatass like tai ou derrick

Discuss

The dog has always been this way ....mma is a you are as good as your last fight kinda sport too. Every fighter with a hot win is gonna be the next to beat the champ and when the champ wins its on to the next dude. Mma fans are obnoxious

Ngannou < Pav

Gane < Pav

He beat Tai who is dangerous but a fatty guy, ngannou and gane are athletic as fuck, more mobility, it will not be as easy as knocking out fatass like tai ou derrick

Discuss
It's probably partially made worse by UFC marketing that needs to sell every new contender or champion as the greatest in order to help sell PPVs.

Ngannou < Pav

Gane < Pav

Discuss

Welcome to Sherdog!
worse than a women s clothing marketing team..

Why do people get hyped over a win over Tuivasa...?

Back