The crowd reacted with Boo's to the kick.

If there's ever any uncertainty, a fighter will usually signal to the opponent that they're
going to do it just before the ref starts the fight.

Booing probably came from the Johnny come latelys in the crowd. I don't think it has anything to do with the fact that one is English and the other Venezuelan.

Didn't fake a glove touch.
One guy wanted to touch gloves, the other didn't.
Not dirty, not cheap, just fine.

He called Blanco a bitch during the weigh ins and expected to touch gloves...

I think fighters should stop the glove touching before the round starts. There is plenty of time to shake hands at the weigh-in and after the fight is done.

There isn't a rule stating the fighters must shake hands when the round starts.

If you don't have the reflexes/fight IQ to realize a guy sprinting across the cage doesn't want to touch gloves mma might not be for you

It was cheap as fuck imo since Blanco didn't make any "signal" that he wasn't up for the glove touch. Fighters that doesn't want to touch gloves usually doesn't that instead of trying to cheapshot.

I'm a big Ogle fan but Maximo's career should be enough of a "signal" to not mess around when fighting him.

If you don't have the reflexes/fight IQ to realize a guy sprinting across the cage doesn't want to touch gloves mma might not be for you

Agreed a bit but people have sprinted forward to quickly touch gloves and then move back in multiple fights.

Since he apparently called him a bitch though I guess he should have seen it coming.

You already touched gloves not 5 seconds earlier with the ref. Why do fighters insist on touching gloves again after that?

I'm a big Ogle fan but Maximo's career should be enough of a "signal" to not mess around when fighting him.

Yea. In the past the guy has demonstrated a fight IQ on par with Palhares. He's had 2 DQs for illegal strikes.

still a pretty good fight. Watch Jennifer Maia vs Sheila Gash for a way worse cheapshot.

It landed but the knockdown was more out of shock. He partially blocked it.

You already touched gloves not 5 seconds earlier with the ref. Why do fighters insist on touching gloves again after that?

After the instructions its tradition.
At the start of the round its respect.

Ogle blew it.

Yea. In the past the guy has demonstrated a fight IQ on par with Palhares. He's had 2 DQs for illegal strikes.

Didn't he start heel striking Pat Healy or something too when Pat was going for a heel hook? Been a while since I've seen the fight but I think I remember something like that.

Then he got choked out a bit later.

Its one thing to fake a glove touch and then land a cheap shot, but when someone is intensely charging at you they probably don't want to touch gloves.

Like I said before, I think its best to save the handshaking for before and after the fights.

If he didn't pretend he was going to touch, it's Ogle's fault for not protecting himself. If he did a douchebag move like Manny did a while back, that's different.

Manny.gif

Edit: Just to be clear, I think what Manny did above is ridiculously cheap, but it's completely legal.

Wow that's pure douchebaggery.

and yeah you shouldn't expect to touch gloves during a fight. I've always despised that. and don't expect a guy to not come flying out the gate. logic 101.

Back