The correct use of text messaging.

sonofjay817

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
In opinion, the purpose of texts is to transfer small bits of information quickly or a witty comment. "Are you as bored as I am right now?", "did you make it home safe?", "UFC tonight at your house?", "hey, you wanna grab lunch?".

Its not for when you haven't seen someone in a while and they send you "How have you been?" I firmly believe this is just to check a box and appease their conscience that they checked in. They want you to do all the work and spend the time to create a wall of text rather than them sacrificing a bit of their time to actually call. In all likelihood, that person doesn't really care very much how you are doing.

Sometimes I will ignore a call from even my best friends that I consider brothers. And then wait just enough time, usually like 15 minutes, and text them "sorry just saw you called. What's up?"

It's not for a lack of caring about them or anything like that. I just hate being put on the spot. Like oh god damnit someone is calling and now, at a moments fucking notice, I'm supposed to talk and sound all happy and shit? Pass.

Sometimes I will ignore a call from even my best friends that I consider brothers. And then wait just enough time, usually like 15 minutes, and text them "sorry just saw you called. What's up?"

It's not for a lack of caring about them or anything like that. I just hate being put on the spot. Like oh god damnit someone is calling and now, at a moments fucking notice, I'm supposed to talk and sound all happy and shit? Pass.

I can dig that, I don't want to be disturbed if I'm at home. I work 5 days a week, my time at home is precious, I won't be spending it on the phone

thats weird. what do you do when he asks you a question when you are face to face? run to the bathroom to think?

1. You sound like you have zero game

2. I think texting about important stuff is the more polite way to do it. You let the other one answer in ther own time and at their terms, you don't know what's going on and calling may seem too aggressive.
Also, you can text and when the person is hooked into a conversation with you you can agree to call to talk more easily.
Plus there are voicemails.

Overall 1/10 thread

thats weird. what do you do when he asks you a question when you are face to face? run to the bathroom to think?
no.......? I'm not retarded or autistic. I just prefer to not talk on the phone.

I like to take a hybrid approach with people I haven't seen in a while. Usually I'll drop them a text and say, how's it going? And if they say "fine, how you been?" I then say, we should talk soon, you up for it? And then set up a time to talk.

<Fedor23>

Yeah I do that to, I don't answer the phone because I feel awkward talking on the spot as you say. Rather text and see what going on through there. I don't feel as overwhelmed from communication through text. Strange how society works now like that. People hardly talk anymore on the phone. I guess it's the social angst in society today.

I find it hard to care how strangers incorporate text messaging into their daily lives, tbh.
I find hard to believe you seeing as how you chose to enter this thread when the subject matter was clearly stated in the title.

I find hard to believe you seeing as how you chose to enter this thread when the subject matter was clearly stated in the title.

I point for thread in this place and nothing have similar.

Back