The Corner(HBO Show)

Cheese

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I was talking bout this in the TV thread and got me wondering how people in here has seen it. It was shot around 99-00 and was a 6 part mini series based on the same corners The Wire is. And with all the The Wire talk in here,i am surprised i don't heat it brought up more often seeing how it was the bases for The Wire. But if you haven't seen it and am a fan of The Wire, its a must watch and if you have, what think of it.

Just found that all six parts on the Youtube. here is part to see if you like it.
[Yt]CpOkjzr3vBk[/MEDIA]

LOVED The Wire but couldn't get into The Corner for some reason.

LOVED The Wire but couldn't get into The Corner for some reason.
Not enough White people? :icon_chee :icon_surp :icon_lol:

I literally just finished watching it two days ago.

BIG props for Dave Simon and Charles S. Dutton for bringing this project to life. I wish Dutton did more work behind the camera because he's pretty solid.

It feels like a significant precursor and companion prequel for The Wire indeed. I'm sure that if it wasn't for The Corner, The Wire wouldn't have gotten made and that should give you all the reason(s) you need to watch. It has like half of the cast from The Wire popping up in it anyway.

Yeah Dutton did a great job with this.

Cool, I'm gonna check it out. I recommend the book, it's great. Really, a lot of the Wire comes from the Homicide book and the Corner. Certain things are taken almost word for word from the book, like the Majors speech about putting booze in a paper bag when he was legalizing drugs in Hampsterdam.

I watched this whole series when it first aired. The end was kind of sad though.

I've always considered the Wire as a sequel to the Corner, even if it doesn't quite line up.

I think it's fantastic. If you like the Wire, you'll also like the Corner. I too had trouble getting through the first episode, but once you know the characters you'll run through the rest of the series in one night.

I really need to read David Simon's books.

Has anybody watched Homicide: Life on the Street? I've always wanted to, but I'm worried that it might be a bit dated for my liking at this stage. I've always had trouble getting into TV series from that era. But if it's as raw and gritty as the Wire, then it will be right up my alley.

Back